By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyward Sword HD - Is the Nintendo immunity finally coming to an end?

Drakrami said:
Kneetos said:

I never understood the whole "nintendo gets a free pass" or "nintendo gets treated differently" to other companies

Like, why can't people who like the games rate them high, why is it that just because some people don't like nintendo games that means everyone else "needs" to find them mediocre too?

Also wow, comparing splatoon to just a dlc game

lol be real. 

If EA pulled off a HD rehash like what Nintendo is doing with Skyward Sword? The internet would be all over it trolling. (or any company for that matter. Let's say Sony releases God of War 3 on PS5, brand it as HD and sold it as 60 bucks? 

So does Nintendo get a free pass? Yes. 

Funny thing, EA did pull that off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3upbaCnEEh0

This game is exactly the same as the 360/PS3 counterparts with a few exceptions. The frame rate runs smoother than the PS3 version I have but the color looks off. As in it looks good but looking side by side some parts of the level looks different on the Wii U. Not bad, just different.
The Wii Pad is not really put to good use here and is mainly for inventory purposes and it kind of sucks not getting 1 and 2 on the Wii U. The biggest problem is EA has the audacity to change $60 for this when you can get the trilogy on other platforms for the same price. Really EA? And you can't figure out why no one likes you.
I can't hate on the game too bad and feel I should rate the game on its own merit, and they at least added a 20 minute comic at the beginning to catch Wii U owners up on the story. But EA has been doing a lot of stupid things lately so I am docking 3 points. The game itself is a 9. But for the price you are better off getting it on another system. But if all you have is a Wii U, then by all means.....Pick it up.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/mass-effect-3-special-edition

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
Drakrami said:
GoOnKid said:

Sony actually did even worse, they re-released The Last of Us on the PS4 only ONE year after the PS3 version, called it a remaster, of course sold it for full price and the fans praised and applauded them.

Basically Im talking to a bunch of people who doesnt even do research and has no idea what they are talking about. 

This is side by side of LastofUS comparison, the one you are complaining about. 

youtube.com/watch?v=Ho8SCBT8rt0

This is Skyward Sword HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8wbQMKIQzA

LastofUs remaster upgraded to 1080p, 60frames per second, upgraded texture, added photo mode, included the expansion Left Behind, and the 3-4 paid DLCs. 

It was also meant to showcase the power of the newly released PS4 and an eye candy for many people. Oh, and it added HDR - have you seen what HDR looks like? Nintendo may add it in may be another 10 years. 

Skyward Sword, let's see you list what changes? It made the lines less fuzzy? The old version had fuzzy lines. 

If you were to play the Wii version on a big modern display, you would get an extremely unpleasant surprise. To say that it "made the lines less fuzy" is a fat understatement if I've seen one. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Animal Crossing Amiibo fest got bad reviews. I don't recall Zip Lash getting great reviews. Same with Code Name Steam.

Big-name est IPs often get more lenient reviews from critics for various reasons. Some of it is rose-tinted glasses. Other times pressure from publishers blacklistting for bad reviews which Ubisoft and Bethesda have done. Some reviewers just don't care what others think and got Jeff Gerstman fired for being honest. He was not kind to Fallout 4 but Rooster Teeth people on a podcast covered in Fallout 4 merch shit all over Giant Bomb for not saying it's a 9/10 game while they wore pip boys. Games journalism is a big fat joke. It's not so much a free pass as it is politics most the time.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

lol at trying to throw shade at Splatoon, Splatoon is legit great and well worth every penny of its price tag.

Nintendo's best new IP in 20 years. 

Breath of the Wild 2 will get 95+, you heard it here first.

Around the Network

If BOTW2 comes out and plays like BOTW1 than i could care less what the metascore will be. The game will be amazing and that's the more important point.

GoOnKid said:
Drakrami said:

lol be real. 

If EA pulled off a HD rehash like what Nintendo is doing with Skyward Sword? The internet would be all over it trolling. (or any company for that matter. Let's say Sony releases God of War 3 on PS5, brand it as HD and sold it as 60 bucks? 

So does Nintendo get a free pass? Yes. 

Sony actually did even worse, they re-released The Last of Us on the PS4 only ONE year after the PS3 version, called it a remaster, of course sold it for full price and the fans praised and applauded them.

Makes much more sense to price an 1 year old game for 60 USD than a 10 years old game 

And please, the work done in TLOU remaster is far far bigger than in Skyward Sword. This comparison is stupid  

S.Peelman said:

It will get 93, IGN will say it's the best game ever, audience will disagree, and the for the review of the 2035 re-release, IGN will say that the ability to become a slime and get through things is too broken. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
S.Peelman said:

It will get 93, IGN will say it's the best game ever, audience will disagree, and the for the review of the 2035 re-release, IGN will say that the ability to become a slime and get through things is too broken. 

Or that.

IcaroRibeiro said:
GoOnKid said:

Makes much more sense to price an 1 year old game for 60 USD than a 10 years old game 

And please, the work done in TLOU remaster is far far bigger than in Skyward Sword. This comparison is stupid  

I dont agree here. Skyward Swords has added controller support, received high resolution and doubled its fps no different to TLOU remastered. I considered Skyward Swords overpriced and same for TLOU RM. Age devalues the product but also being 2 generations apart makes it more sort after where as TLOU RM should have been a free upgrade for PS4 owners who already brought the game the year before however the lack of BC pushed the narrative of reselling recent games again.

Sure TLOU on PS3 is worth its full price tag however those who already own the game have to pay full price again for higher res and double the FPS. Thats alot of money for basically what PC gaming and currently Xbox offers for free.