By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware July 4-10 - PS5 Sales Top 10 Million

trunkswd said:
Agente42 said:

not on track, is overtracked

Only by one week, which is still pretty good. I'll make the necessary adjustments to have it topping 10 million a week later. 

yeah I know, great work, so close.

Around the Network
Agente42 said:
trunkswd said:

Only by one week, which is still pretty good. I'll make the necessary adjustments to have it topping 10 million a week later. 

A shame we weren't 100% spot on. But what can you do. I'm happy we were so close. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
Agente42 said:

A shame we weren't 100% spot on. But what can you do. I'm happy we were so close. 

100% it's impossible.

Famitsu, one of the weekly public tracker don't have this precision. Don't track Amazon and some minor digital stores(Nintendo Stores). When Nintendo released the sales, always have to make adjustments. A week tracker focus only in Japan.

Great work, man. Estimates aways ingrateful bitcht. 

PS5 sold more than 10.4 million as of July 18th, 2021.

(PS4 : 10.4M sold-in as of June 30, 2014).

Agente42 said:
Somini said:

Sony just confirmed on twitter 10 million ps5 sold as of 18 july. So the estimation here is on track

not on track, is overtracked. But excellent work in estimates, so close.

I would love to see your website to track hardware shipments so we can see what you had for shipment estimates.

Around the Network
Agente42 said:
trunkswd said:

100% it's impossible.

Famitsu, one of the weekly public tracker don't have this precision. Don't track Amazon and some minor digital stores(Nintendo Stores). When Nintendo released the sales, always have to make adjustments. A week tracker focus only in Japan.

Great work, man. Estimates aways ingrateful bitcht. 

Tell me about it. It is a lot of unseen work to do our estimates. Other than Japan. Thank you Famitsu. Even if as you said they aren't perfect. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Evilms said:

PS5 sold more than 10.4 million as of July 18th, 2021.

(PS4 : 10.4M sold-in as of June 30, 2014).

it's the same time frame?

"Since launching in November 2020, PS5 global sales have outpaced PS4, SIE’s previous record holder for fastest selling console"

https://www.sie.com/en/corporate/release/2021/210728.html

https://www.sie.com/en/corporate/release/2014/140813a.html

Evilms said:

"Since launching in November 2020, PS5 global sales have outpaced PS4, SIE’s previous record holder for fastest selling console"

https://www.sie.com/en/corporate/release/2021/210728.html

https://www.sie.com/en/corporate/release/2014/140813a.html

PS5 topped 10 million on July 18

PS4 on August 10, 2014

"Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system has cumulatively sold through more than 10 million units*1 worldwide as of August 10, 2014."

"Sony Interactive Entertainment announced today that its newest generation game console, PlayStation®5 (PS5™), has sold through more than 10 million units* globally since first launching on November 12, 2020."

"* As of July 18, 2021"

trunkswd said:
Train wreck said:

Congrats on the accurate tracking! Amazing job.

Thank you. Being roughly 1 week off is pretty good. They do say over 10 million, so it is entirely possibly it crossed 10 million a handful of days earlier. I will adjust our PS5 numbers down a hair so it tops 10 million week ending July 17 rather than July 10. Right now we have PS5 BARELY above 10 million as of July 10. 

Congrats on the remarkably close tracking and the prompt adjustments as new data comes to light. Your work is much appreciated.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.