By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware July 4-10 - PS5 Sales Top 10 Million

Dulfite said:

So for global about 7 more weeks before NS leaves PS5 in the dust for good? Or am I missing something?

No, it will be a double helix. If the Switch leaves the PS5 in the dust for good at some point then with it's 2019 holiday season.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
Dulfite said:

So for global about 7 more weeks before NS leaves PS5 in the dust for good? Or am I missing something?

No, it will be a double helix. If the Switch leaves the PS5 in the dust for good at some point then with it's 2019 holiday season.

Yeah I suppose that's right.

CloudxTifa said:

Some Switch lovers feel nervous. ^^

But I can understand, if PS5 doing that kind of numbers with stock issues, it will be huge without stock issues. And Steam Deck is coming...

I couldn't care less who sells more but don't you think calling something ____land should be reserved for dominant performances, not statistical ties?

And do you honestly see Steam Deck affecting Switch sales?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I was kidding with you ^^ but as for the Steam Deck, I believe in it's success yes. Not as much as the other consoles but yes it could impact something. I like Steam so I'm kind of biaised.

I honestly don't see Steam Deck having a significant effect on Switch sales; its a product aimed more at the hardcore enthusiast market, your average consumer who doesn't frequent video game forums will probably never be aware of its existence, whereas Switch is a well established and very popular mainstream brand by this point.

Around the Network

The fact that the PS5 is selling so well while being $400/$500 is astounding. It's technically the most expensive the next gen platforms (with the Xbox Series S allowing people to get into current gen at $300) and it's still moving 200k units a week.

CloudxTifa said:

I was kidding with you ^^ but as for the Steam Deck, I believe in it's success yes. Not as much as the other consoles but yes it could impact something. I like Steam so I'm kind of biaised.

Gotcha, hard to detect jokes sometimes.

I could see it being successful but I don't really think that means it will affect Switch in any significant way. At the end of the day, Nintendo games are still the biggest system sellers on Nintendo hardware and Switch is the only place to play those.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

People got to stop putting the switch agaisnt the steam deck. The steam deck is gona really face the succesor to the switch. I see this as the 360 vs the ps3. Steam needs a head start to take on an establish company in the handheld market. Lets say the switch 2 comes out at $300 again I do see steam deck droping price to match it by then.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:

People got to stop putting the switch agaisnt the steam deck. The steam deck is gona really face the succesor to the switch. I see this as the 360 vs the ps3. Steam needs a head start to take on an establish company in the handheld market. Lets say the switch 2 comes out at $300 again I do see steam deck droping price to match it by then.

The Steam Deck is still a PC, not a console. It won't be in direct competition with any console regardless.

CloudxTifa said:

Some Switch lovers feel nervous. ^^

But I can understand, if PS5 doing that kind of numbers with stock issues, it will be huge without stock issues. And Steam Deck is coming...

Nervous about what?  A console can be second (or third) in sales and still be a massive success.  Steam Deck is aimed a completely different demographic than Switch owners, so that statement is immaterial.  

As a ps5 and Switch owner, glad to see them both doing well.  Both are really good pieces of hardware.

The larger point being, if the ps5 outsells the Switch, who cares?  The Switch is a massive success and we all know the ps5 will be as well.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 25 July 2021