By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware July 4-10 - PS5 Sales Top 10 Million

Kudos PS5.



Around the Network

Switch is gaining nearly as big of a lead from America as it is from Japan now. 

NA may be the most contested major region but it will be very difficult for either XS or PS5 to catch up to Switch there.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 24 July 2021

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Rob5VGC said:

PS5 is #1 in EU. EU is back to being Sonyland...(dependent on future stock). Switch being #1 in EU was only temporary during the PS4 and PS5 stock transition period. This week is just a sign of the future. I don't like current Sony, btw, so no bias, just sales.

Yes, Sonyland with its *checks notes* .0015% lead.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Some Switch lovers feel nervous. ^^

But I can understand, if PS5 doing that kind of numbers with stock issues, it will be huge without stock issues. And Steam Deck is coming...



PS1 : 102.50M | PS2 : 157.68M | PS3 : 87.41M | PS4 : 116.40M (right now) | PS5 : ?

So for global about 7 more weeks before NS leaves PS5 in the dust for good? Or am I missing something?



Around the Network
Dulfite said:

So for global about 7 more weeks before NS leaves PS5 in the dust for good? Or am I missing something?

No, it will be a double helix. If the Switch leaves the PS5 in the dust for good at some point then with it's 2019 holiday season.



Kakadu18 said:
Dulfite said:

So for global about 7 more weeks before NS leaves PS5 in the dust for good? Or am I missing something?

No, it will be a double helix. If the Switch leaves the PS5 in the dust for good at some point then with it's 2019 holiday season.

Yeah I suppose that's right.



CloudxTifa said:

Some Switch lovers feel nervous. ^^

But I can understand, if PS5 doing that kind of numbers with stock issues, it will be huge without stock issues. And Steam Deck is coming...

I couldn't care less who sells more but don't you think calling something ____land should be reserved for dominant performances, not statistical ties?

And do you honestly see Steam Deck affecting Switch sales?



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I was kidding with you ^^ but as for the Steam Deck, I believe in it's success yes. Not as much as the other consoles but yes it could impact something. I like Steam so I'm kind of biaised.



PS1 : 102.50M | PS2 : 157.68M | PS3 : 87.41M | PS4 : 116.40M (right now) | PS5 : ?

I honestly don't see Steam Deck having a significant effect on Switch sales; its a product aimed more at the hardcore enthusiast market, your average consumer who doesn't frequent video game forums will probably never be aware of its existence, whereas Switch is a well established and very popular mainstream brand by this point.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.