By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valve releasing Switch competitor SteamDeck Dec 2021, $399, Zen 2 CPU and RDNA 2 GPU

How many have attempted to pre-order the Steam Deck? Any Luck? Feel free to vote in my Twitter poll. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

46 minutes of trying to preorder.. its a shit show.

Update -

Woop... only took 50 mins of my time and a couple of years off my life!

Last edited by hinch - on 16 July 2021

This device may well be able to play Switch games too, lol. The Ryujinix emulator guys probably could optimize the emulator specifically for this chip/resolution to squeeze some better performance out of it. If not this one, almost definitely Steam Deck's next hardware revision.

hinch said:

46 minutes of trying to preorder.. its a shit show.

Update -

Woop... only took 50 mins of my time and a couple of years off my life!

Congrats dude!!

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Thanks! I tried for over 40 mins straight with constant errors and 'too many payment attempts' oof, so glad when it finally got through. Good luck for those still trying.

Around the Network

I think it could also become the best available home/portable retrogames station, given its specs.
Coupled with Launchbox and a 1Tb sd card it will be a blast!

The only potential issue could be the buttons layout, especially for the d-pad. I just need to test it out before buying.

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Looks like Steam Deck is now sold out

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

It is quite a behemoth. Maybe it is more in competition with these small PCs like Intel NUC or gaming laptops.

One more thought: are we getting new hardware revisions every year like laptops or will this model be sold for many years for lower prices?

numberwang said:

It is quite a behemoth. Maybe it is more in competition with these small PCs like Intel NUC or gaming laptops.

One more thought: are we getting new hardware revisions every year like laptops or will this model be sold for many years for lower prices?

It's basically like a PC so I imagine it would be upgraded with better hardware, design revision, etc. every 1-2 years. 

Is that image to scale? It's actually not quite as big as I thought.