By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valve releasing Switch competitor SteamDeck Dec 2021, $399, Zen 2 CPU and RDNA 2 GPU

Well apparently, all versions of the Steam Deck have a socketable M.2 2230 slot. I wish I would have known that before pre-orders went live. That said M.2 2230 drives currently top out at 1TB and they are hard to come by. As they are OEM drives. You can find them if you look, scalpers will probably snatch them up and over charge for them -_-

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:

Well apparently, all versions of the Steam Deck have a socketable M.2 2230 slot. I wish I would have known that before pre-orders went live. That said M.2 2230 drives currently top out at 1TB and they are hard to come by. As they are OEM drives. You can find them if you look, scalpers will probably snatch them up and over charge for them -_-

I imagine scalpers will target those drives next, as Ebay just fucked over a ton of scalpers trying to sell their pre-orders, effectively terminating each sale dead in their tracks.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

hinch said:

Thanks! I tried for over 40 mins straight with constant errors and 'too many payment attempts' oof, so glad when it finally got through. Good luck for those still trying.

I live in Australia and  have no sympathy for you.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
hinch said:

Thanks! I tried for over 40 mins straight with constant errors and 'too many payment attempts' oof, so glad when it finally got through. Good luck for those still trying.

Uh.. okay?

hinch said:
mjk45 said:

Uh.. okay?

I also live in Australia... Undecided if you should have my sympathy or not.

Around the Network
hinch said:
mjk45 said:

Uh.. okay?

Since not asking why shows your an evil hinch who lacks sensitivity toward my tragic circumstances, I have decided to punish your behaviour by forcing my story upon you with the knowledge that it will cause you deep emotional distress and have you weeping in despair ,those circumstances are such that I would die for the chance to wait 40 minutes since you cannot pre order the Steam Deck in Australia

Last edited by mjk45 - on 23 July 2021

https://youtu.be/4Dd_bazOYOY

Digital foundry did a wierd analysis on this. They dint have the unit but analised the video of ign and valve.

I guess their opinion could change when they get the actual unit and test it themselves. But as of now they claim its a 720p console. They say the memory bandwidth is half that of the ps4 wich shows the results. And that that 1.6 ghz of the GPU might not be realistic or constant with that 15 wats tdp. So this at least on handheld mode is weaker than an x1. 

Have to see it docked. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:

Digital foundry did a wierd analysis on this. They dint have the unit but analised the video of ign and valve.

I guess their opinion could change when they get the actual unit and test it themselves. But as of now they claim its a 720p console. They say the memory bandwidth is half that of the ps4 wich shows the results. And that that 1.6 ghz of the GPU might not be realistic or constant with that 15 wats tdp. So this at least on handheld mode is weaker than an x1. 

Have to see it docked. 

Can you tell me where they said it's weaker than an x1 cause I don't recall but it is a long video so I may have missed it.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

ironmanDX said:
hinch said:

Uh.. okay?

I also live in Australia... Undecided if you should have my sympathy or not.

No we need solidarity or it will lead to Steam Deck begging.

Captain_Yuri said:
eva01beserk said:

Have to see it docked. 

Can you tell me where they said it's weaker than an x1 cause I don't recall but it is a long video so I may have missed it.

They said its runing console settinga at 720p. They dint specifically said its weaker. It's my take. But again its on handheld mode. I'm sure it can do better like the switch docked. 

But that memory bandwidth is what I'm concern with. I'm not expert on this but if the GPU can match the ps4 but the bandwidth can't what will the bottle neck if any affect performance? 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.