By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Worst movie ending ever?

curl-6 said:

Godzilla vs Kong 1962 version; the ending is a total cop-out, leaving it lazily ambiguous but hinting towards an illogical Kong win just to placate American audiences. Thank fuck the 2021 version corrects this.

Actually, times were very different back when they first clashed fists. Godzilla was fairly new at the time as opposed to, I guess I should say KING Kong (it's an important distinction), who's been around since the 1930's. This was also back when Godzilla was still portrayed as a destructive villain, so naturally, they'd want KING Kong to win. He wouldn't get his "face turn" until 2 years later with Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster.

Around the Network
KManX89 said:
curl-6 said:

Godzilla vs Kong 1962 version; the ending is a total cop-out, leaving it lazily ambiguous but hinting towards an illogical Kong win just to placate American audiences. Thank fuck the 2021 version corrects this.

Actually, times were very different back when they first clashed fists. Godzilla was fairly new at the time as opposed to, I guess I should say KING Kong (it's an important distinction), who's been around since the 1930's. This was also back when Godzilla was still portrayed as a destructive villain, so naturally, they'd want KING Kong to win. He wouldn't get his "face turn" until 2 years later with Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster.

I'm very aware of this, as a hardcore kaiju fan. If they'd wanted it to be somewhat ambiguous as it was, they could've just gone for a straight up draw or a more interesting way of reaching an uncertain outcome. The way it ended just felt extremely contrived and lazy, to me anyway, that's all.

Jpcc86 said:

Interstellar. Wouldnt say "the worst ever"; but certainly one that disappointed me a lot.
First 2 acts of the film were fantastic, third act takes a deep dive to stupidity.

Because of needless deaths? They didn't use the Captain's sleepbox as the second pod (the whole stinger at the end essentially was: "We have only one pod now for the two of us")? Or wakeup a few more people (preferrably from the technician's fraction) and play musical chairs for the rest of the voyage (n+1 people for n pods = 1 is awake at any one time)?

They chose a simpler solution (obviously enough condoms were on the ship).

Avengers Endgame

I did not sign up for a 10 year ride to see the most interesting character die.

The Last of Us

j/k I love TLoU and the ending was ok.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
drkohler said:
Jpcc86 said:

Interstellar. Wouldnt say "the worst ever"; but certainly one that disappointed me a lot.
First 2 acts of the film were fantastic, third act takes a deep dive to stupidity.

Because of needless deaths? They didn't use the Captain's sleepbox as the second pod (the whole stinger at the end essentially was: "We have only one pod now for the two of us")? Or wakeup a few more people (preferrably from the technician's fraction) and play musical chairs for the rest of the voyage (n+1 people for n pods = 1 is awake at any one time)?

They chose a simpler solution (obviously enough condoms were on the ship).

I really like Interstellar and I don't know at all what your comment even means. Could you perhaps explain what you are talking about? Just curious.

snyps said:

Avengers Endgame

I did not sign up for a 10 year ride to see the most interesting character die.

Funny how the main Avengers saga begins and ends with Robert Downey Jr, but at least it had an ending with a real payoff, unlike the two I've mentioned.

Certainly not the worst ever, but it's one I always remember: Unfriended (2014 film). It's an OK horror movie but I actually thought that the ending was pretty clever and I liked the ending quite a bit...until they ruined it in literally the last 5 seconds for a pointless jump scare. It's so frustrating that if they had literally just ended the film 5 seconds sooner that it would have made the film better.

BradleyJ said:

Certainly not the worst ever, but it's one I always remember: Unfriended (2014 film). It's an OK horror movie but I actually thought that the ending was pretty clever and I liked the ending quite a bit...until they ruined it in literally the last 5 seconds for a pointless jump scare. It's so frustrating that if they had literally just ended the film 5 seconds sooner that it would have made the film better.

I thought the film was already garbage before that ruined ending tbqh. People in my theater were actually laughing at the godawful dialog, one of two times they've done that for me for something that wasn't joke-related, the other ironically being just a couple weeks ago during my F9 screening.

BradleyJ said:

I always thought that movie was decent. Completely illogical but an entertaining experiment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.