By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware June 13-19 - Switch Outsells PS3 - Switch Sells 375K, PS5 Sells 203K, XS Sells 140K

Wman1996 said:

Xbox Series S/X in Japan continues to fascinate me. It's been so interesting to watch the sales state, especially compared to the disaster that was the Xbox One in Japan.
PS4 was really negligible in Japan this week. It only outsold the 3DS (a 2011 handheld that was discontinued in 2020) by about 200 units. I don't think it's a fluke. PS4 hardware will probably die in Japan now.
3DS probably only has about a month or so left (at best) until the remaining stock is sold out. Pretty sure the 611 units sold worldwide is an all-time low.
Switch continues to be very strong, and now has surpassed the lifetime sales units of the PS3.

Would love to see the Series S-X ratio... You'd asssume it would be the S selling above the X there. Guess Series S and gamepass is making a small niche in the market for itself.



Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:

Sony really need to send more consoles to Japan lol, it's been dropping each week for a few weeks now... I think? And there's no way it's breaking 10m by the end of June either... oh well, maybe in July lol.

Adjustments will be interesting..

Per June 30, Sony manufactured roughly 11.1M consoles (all of which were sold-in). If vgchartz keeps insisting on a weekly 200k sales, that would result in roughly 9.7M sold through by June 30. A gap of 1.4M or a full 7 "vgchartz weeks" in transit? Somehow I doubt it..



Switch outsells it's first Playstation home console, and it won't be the last.

Sayonara PS3; next up, PS1. (And Wii)



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

ironmanDX said:
Wman1996 said:

Xbox Series S/X in Japan continues to fascinate me. It's been so interesting to watch the sales state, especially compared to the disaster that was the Xbox One in Japan.
PS4 was really negligible in Japan this week. It only outsold the 3DS (a 2011 handheld that was discontinued in 2020) by about 200 units. I don't think it's a fluke. PS4 hardware will probably die in Japan now.
3DS probably only has about a month or so left (at best) until the remaining stock is sold out. Pretty sure the 611 units sold worldwide is an all-time low.
Switch continues to be very strong, and now has surpassed the lifetime sales units of the PS3.

Would love to see the Series S-X ratio... You'd asssume it would be the S selling above the X there. Guess Series S and gamepass is making a small niche in the market for itself.

Those numbers are public, SS-SX ratio, SX is outselling the SS by a lot weekly. 



ironmanDX said:
Wman1996 said:

Xbox Series S/X in Japan continues to fascinate me. It's been so interesting to watch the sales state, especially compared to the disaster that was the Xbox One in Japan.
PS4 was really negligible in Japan this week. It only outsold the 3DS (a 2011 handheld that was discontinued in 2020) by about 200 units. I don't think it's a fluke. PS4 hardware will probably die in Japan now.
3DS probably only has about a month or so left (at best) until the remaining stock is sold out. Pretty sure the 611 units sold worldwide is an all-time low.
Switch continues to be very strong, and now has surpassed the lifetime sales units of the PS3.

Would love to see the Series S-X ratio... You'd asssume it would be the S selling above the X there. Guess Series S and gamepass is making a small niche in the market for itself.

 

Series S accounts for 25.8% of all XBS sold in Japan and PS5 digital accounts for 16.3% of all PS5 sold in Japan according to Famitsu. 

Edit: this is the lates week the % is for the LTD



Around the Network

Wow, that's crazy. Really figured it's smaller from factor and price would have pushed it above the Series X...



Looks like the PS3 was the one that was DOOMED after all.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.



ironmanDX said:

Wow, that's crazy. Really figured it's smaller from factor and price would have pushed it above the Series X...

They always sell out what's shipped, that's on Microsoft.



drkohler said:
Bristow9091 said:

Sony really need to send more consoles to Japan lol, it's been dropping each week for a few weeks now... I think? And there's no way it's breaking 10m by the end of June either... oh well, maybe in July lol.

Adjustments will be interesting..

Per June 30, Sony manufactured roughly 11.1M consoles (all of which were sold-in). If vgchartz keeps insisting on a weekly 200k sales, that would result in roughly 9.7M sold through by June 30. A gap of 1.4M or a full 7 "vgchartz weeks" in transit? Somehow I doubt it..

May I ask where you got the 11.1 million shipment figure from? This would extend PS5's lead over PS4 by 600k (2.7 million PS4's vs 3.3 million PS5's as of the end of their 3rd quarter).