By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 'Heartbreaking' conditions in US migrant child camp

rapsuperstar31 said:

I didn't watch the video but Is it getting worse under Biden? Obviously something needs to be done here.

It's not.  The situation has actually been improving, and Kamala Harris in particular has been appointed the role of addressing the instability that is leading to such an influx of people from our southern neighbors.

This is why the media has been paying less attention to the border.  It's less of an immediate crisis than it was a few months ago, and now just one among many high profile issues competing for our attention.  That being said, I hear about this issue pretty regularly from the media outlets I typically follow, so I find it pretty disingenuous to say the media is intentionally burying the issue.

My interpretation of this thread is that certain individuals desperately want people to see Biden being just as bad as Trump by utilizing bad faith arguments.

I've been seeing a lot of MAGAs suddenly caring about kids at the border on social media too... And the hypocracy to the cruelty they supported for years is enough to make my eyes bleed.  But it's not about the kids to them.  It about making Biden look bad.

Edit: Split up the last paragraph, because I didn't want it to seem like I was inferring political allegiances.  It was merely an anecdote.

Last edited by IvorEvilen - on 24 June 2021

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
sundin13 said:

What solution to this issue do we propose?

How about not separating children from their families. And treating them like human beings. How about abolishing ICE. And how about actually trying to address the issue instead of ignoring it altogether or trying to bury it?

The solution is merit based immigration. Its best in regard to not reducing our quality of life.

The problem is that solution doesn't help democrats stay in power.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

IvorEvilen said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

I didn't watch the video but Is it getting worse under Biden? Obviously something needs to be done here.

It's not.  The situation has actually been improving, and Kamala Harris in particular has been appointed the role of addressing the instability that is leading to such an influx of people from our southern neighbors.

This is why the media has been paying less attention to the border.  It's less of an immediate crisis than it was a few months ago, and now just one among many high profile issues competing for our attention.  That being said, I hear about this issue pretty regularly from the media outlets I typically follow, so I find it pretty disingenuous to say the media is intentionally burying the issue.

My interpretation of this thread is that certain individuals desperately want people to see Biden being just as bad as Trump by utilizing bad faith arguments.

I've been seeing a lot of MAGAs suddenly caring about kids at the border on social media too... And the hypocracy to the cruelty they supported for years is enough to make my eyes bleed.  But it's not about the kids to them.  It about making Biden look bad.

Edit: Split up the last paragraph, because I didn't want it to seem like I was inferring political allegiances.  It was merely an anecdote.

The situation is improving?

Its a disaster and Kamala hasn't done anything. She refuses to even visit the border because it would be bad optics. The media is paying less attention because they're protecting the people in power, period.

Biden and Trump are not equal. There has been a massive influx since Biden got in because he invited them. He encouraged them. Many more also sneak in than get captured and no effort if any is made to find out who is here. I'm pretty sure the US is the only country that seems to be okay with so many undocumented people roaming around.

I personally never cared about the cruelty, my stance was always kick them out and discourage them. What's happening in the detention centers is ineffable hypocrisy. The left treated them as modern day concentration camps, now its something we should ignore out of respect. There is also a complete lack of transparency because it would make the administration look bad. The Trump administration was ironically much more transparent and they certainly didn't have the media defending them.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

IvorEvilen said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

This is based off a BBC report not from previous Trump supporters or from any other US based political group, the issues are real  

Last edited by Rab - on 25 June 2021

Mr Puggsly said:
Eagle367 said:

How about not separating children from their families. And treating them like human beings. How about abolishing ICE. And how about actually trying to address the issue instead of ignoring it altogether or trying to bury it?

The solution is merit based immigration. Its best in regard to not reducing our quality of life.

As I asked earlier, who exactly are you looking out for with this solution?

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
IvorEvilen said:

Its a disaster and Kamala hasn't done anything. She refuses to even visit the border because it would be bad optics. The media is paying less attention because they're protecting the people in power, period.

Biden and Trump are not equal. There has been a massive influx since Biden got in because he invited them. He encouraged them. Many more also sneak in than get captured and no effort if any is made to find out who is here. I'm pretty sure the US is the only country that seems to be okay with so many undocumented people roaming around.

I personally never cared about the cruelty, my stance was always kick them out and discourage them. What's happening in the detention centers is ineffable hypocrisy. The left treated them as modern day concentration camps, now its something we should ignore out of respect. There is also a complete lack of transparency because it would make the administration look bad. The Trump administration was ironically much more transparent and they certainly didn't have the media defending them.

I would love to see all the undocumented people leave and see how that cheap labor effects the US.  Its always funny how the GOP make such a big deal of undocumented people while they have been using and living off of their backs for years.  Its always a good narrative for people like you.  Get you all nice and heated that people are here illegally taking precious unskilled labor jobs away from good American citizens who you cannot even get to work those jobs.

Now you are a cheerleader for cruelty, living your privilliage life in pure ignorance.  Yep, throw those kids back over the boarder where I am sure there is a fate worse then death and probably including death await.  So what, that is what they get!!!!

So what, there are a bunch of unaccompanied minors at the boarder being dropped off because Biden big mouth said they would not be sent back but given at least a chance to find a relative.  At the end of the day, its another political BS.  The Reps gets something to jump on and the Dems get something to ignore.  All those religions right, only seem to really care if those people skin probably was a little paler.

dx11332sega said:

I showed my Honduran mom this video , She put the blame on our people for letting the kids appear at the border without a parent, and I said to show it to in her facebook, I don't know if this will be good but not many Hondurans have Internet. I just hope Hondurans can stop this idea of sending parentless kids to the border for USA to pick up , only to put them on camps like these . We need other Hondurans to spread the awareness.

This is definitely the case where parents shouldn't send kids alone, but once in care, based off a BBC report care then becomes the responsibility of the US government, and it's obvious the US have an atrocious system in place, harming children that have been put into this horrible situation by adults 

This immediate issue for the children is that they are secure, safe and properly cared for, currently they are being abused, and it's been hidden from the public by the Biden Administration  

"I think of Joe Biden as having a flashlight with a dying battery taking a long walk in the woods, turns out I'm right because that motherfucker is flickering right now"... Joe Rogan 

Last edited by Rab - on 26 June 2021

sundin13 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The people that are burdened. Taking in low skill people with families is also an inevitable burden on welfare. Especially when its millions of people coming in.

Ya know, there are valid reasons why border cities/states are most bothered by this influx.

Recently Completed

Machiavellian said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I would love to see all the undocumented people leave and see how that cheap labor effects the US.  Its always funny how the GOP make such a big deal of undocumented people while they have been using and living off of their backs for years.  Its always a good narrative for people like you.  Get you all nice and heated that people are here illegally taking precious unskilled labor jobs away from good American citizens who you cannot even get to work those jobs.

Now you are a cheerleader for cruelty, living your privilliage life in pure ignorance.  Yep, throw those kids back over the boarder where I am sure there is a fate worse then death and probably including death await.  So what, that is what they get!!!!

So what, there are a bunch of unaccompanied minors at the boarder being dropped off because Biden big mouth said they would not be sent back but given at least a chance to find a relative.  At the end of the day, its another political BS.  The Reps gets something to jump on and the Dems get something to ignore.  All those religions right, only seem to really care if those people skin probably was a little paler.

Cheap labor isn't inherently a benefit. Businesses gladly avoid paying more when the pool grows. Especially low skill labor. The left argues against low wages and helps create it.

Cheap labor isn't just a GOP thing. Even the woke opt for pay less if they can.

I prefer the term low skill versus unskilled. But again, the left argues for higher wages. If you increase the pool with more low skill labor then there is little reason to pay more. It becomes easier to find people. Also, a big reason citizens aren't taking jobs is because the unemployment benefits are great. Open borders and a welfare state are not compatible by the way.

Yes, I love cruelty. It gets me really hard. Millions of people are coming, they are not all in danger of being murdered. Some of our ghetto cities are more dangerous than some of the southern countries. Especially when you consider much of the murder in the US is concentrated in small areas.

Its not just drop kids off and they go to a relative. Some, potentially many are bringing the whole family. Kids even get lost in the system because its not really kept track of. Again, its millions of people coming in. You're incredibly naive about what is happening. Trying to spin it as an issue of skin color is incredibly stupid as well.

Many argue for merit based or letting people in by what the market/economy needs. I fail to see the benefit of letting in a ton of people who will clearly need welfare. Gee, I wonder why cost of living is rising so quickly while pay is stagnant. Welfare is the solution for everything.

I'll end on this. Murder, rape and other violent crime in this country is actually way up... especially in blue areas. I'd care more if I didn't think people in this country actually deserve to suffer for electing crazy people that just care about their party staying in power. People should suffer until they come to their senses and elect better leadership. Even more moderate democrats would be a good start.

Recently Completed

KLXVER said:

Well at least British and Australian news are telling us what really happens in America. The American mainstream media is too busy playing bodyguard for the Biden administration. Im sure theyll find a way to blame Trump for this one too.

Pretty sure *every* single American administration has had "concentration camps" that directed migrants into shitty conditions. - I know Trump did.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/07/border-facilities/593239/

KLXVER said:

Well at least British and Australian news are telling us what really happens in America. The American mainstream media is too busy playing bodyguard for the Biden administration. Im sure theyll find a way to blame Trump for this one too.

Australian and British news tends to be dominated by Murdoch's propaganda... In-fact, there is a massive push for a royal commission to showcase the corruption Murdoch pushes at every turn... It's gotten to the point where Rupert Murdoch has our leaders on the phone and apply "pressure" to get his own way.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/kevin-rudd-s-petition-calling-for-a-royal-commission-into-the-murdoch-media-has-been-tabled-in-parliament

It's blatantly toxic.

What is even more scary is people overseas thinking our Media is showing any kind of "truth". - It's actually not... It's showing an agenda you simply agree with.
It's the confirmation bias logical fallacy.

rapsuperstar31 said:

Bidens border policy is definitely less hard-line than Trumps.

One thing the left in Australia worked out over a decade and a half ago is that the right-wing hard-border controls actually work, so on that issue the right and left here are in agreement in bipartisan support... But still seems to be divisive issue in the USA.
The USA will work it out at some point.

Mr Puggsly said:
sundin13 said:

The people that are burdened. Taking in low skill people with families is also an inevitable burden on welfare. Especially when its millions of people coming in.

Ya know, there are valid reasons why border cities/states are most bothered by this influx.

Not sure how they could be a burden on US welfare when the US welfare system is a joke anyway.

If-anything the unskilled, cheap, plentiful work-force has been extremely beneficial to the American economy hasn't it?
Cheaper workers are good for business tends to be the conservative argument. (When as an Australian I know for a fact that isn't true.)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--