By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Could Sony Release for the Rest of the Year?

Tagged games:

Horizon Forbidden West is the only 1st party game right now targeting 2021, but they might announce something else. Then some 3rd party timed exclusives like Deathloop, Ghost Wire, and Kena. Overall, solid output for the entire year.

Around the Network

hforbiwest might be 50-50 booking for 2021

but it has higher chance quarter 1 2022 to really polish the hell out of the game!
they should focus on ps5 release before ps4 maybe delay the ps4 port coz that might be a disaster like cyberpunk? or guerilla games have really been focused we will see!

Probably not much, Sony is mostly banking on Kena and Horizon Forbidden West, so far it seems to be working.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

1st Party wise

-Horizon 2
-Naughty Dog Multiplayer game
-Something Astrobot related (or a Team Japan assisted title)
-GT7 prologue

3rd Party
-Kena
-GhostWire
-Stray
-Little Devil Inside
-Solar Ash
-Deathloop
-Probably one more timed exclusive yet to be announcd (AA/Indie)

Overall though Sony have been skipping big holiday releases for a while and I think it works out okay since 3rd parties tend to deliver quite heavily in Q4

I think they won't unload sept/ Oct and Nov due to a new COD and BF.

They have:

Now: Ratchet
Aug: Kena
Sept: Deathloop
Nov: probably HFW

Extra's
Oct: TLOU fractions
Dec: TLOU remake

Pushed to next year
Ghostwire Tokyo
Stray
GT7

Around the Network

I think there's a strong chance HFW makes it this holiday.

In terms of unannounced games, I wouldn't be surprised to see the TLOU: Remake this year as well as Factions (won't be full priced but it will be a PS+ monthly game at launch), or even WiLD.

Bristow9091 said:
PotentHerbs said:

I think there's a strong chance HFW makes it this holiday.

In terms of unannounced games, I wouldn't be surprised to see the TLOU: Remake this year as well as Factions (won't be full priced but it will be a PS+ monthly game at launch), or even WiLD.

It's cute that people still think this is a thing... maybe we'll see Agent or Deep Down too? :P 

It’s vaporware, but not that obvious as Agent (its trademark expired) and Deep Down (Capcom hasn’t given an update since ~2015). Don’t get me wrong I hardly believe the game will get a reannouncement soon (or ever), but Ancel did say after retiring that both WiLD and BG&E2 are still in development. Plus, Sony has kept games under development for years before, like The Last Guardian (7 years between first announcement and release, though if WiLD is still alive it will surpass that soon). And I hope it does come out, the premise was really interesting.

So the rumor going around is that Sony will release a standalone expansion to Ghost of Tsushima similar in scope to Spider-Man Miles Morales. this fall.

I think Dreams could see a PS5 release this year if Sony even still remembers about the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

We might see The Last of Us 2: Factions later, Horizon: Forbidden West seems likely, after that, I'm not sure.