By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just 16 minutes of the Xbox show was gameplay from upcoming exclusives + 10 minutes of CGI

smroadkill15 said:

You think them showing the players vs players was cutscenes? Give me a break. How about watch the multiplayer overview that released today. It looks exactly the same and has gameplay. Halo Infinite | Multiplayer Overview - YouTube

You said, MS poorly manages their franchises besides Forza. Is Age of Empires and Flight Sim not their franchises? MS still has to work with these 3rd party developers just like if they were 1st party because it is their IP's afterall. Psychonauts 2 was delayed so they could add more content to the game and keep polishing it, now we are going to be getting a better game because of it. I would say that was a good call my MS management. 

You could 100% make that argument.

Recently from Xbox we've seen an unbelievable number or delays for a poor product in Crackdown 3, a failed $75 million dollar Fable project, one of the strangest fiascos ever with their biggest franchise in the Halo:Infinite reveal, the cancellation of Scalebound, Sea of Thieves launching with a lack of content, Halo: The master chief collection launching with matchmaking issues, and now Everwild?

This is not to say there isn't plenty of other developers with issues (case in point CD Projekt Red) but MS studios have definitely had a lot of problems in the past few years with delays, post-launch issues, and studios and projects being canned.

I would also argue, because he said 'Xbox is being mismanaged' that their advertising approach has been sub-par for the Series X/S, and obviously their entire marketing/design approach to the Xbox One console.

Last edited by Dallinor - on 16 June 2021

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
smroadkill15 said:

You think them showing the players vs players was cutscenes? Give me a break. How about watch the multiplayer overview that released today. It looks exactly the same and has gameplay. Halo Infinite | Multiplayer Overview - YouTube

You said, MS poorly manages their franchises besides Forza. Is Age of Empires and Flight Sim not their franchises? MS still has to work with these 3rd party developers just like if they were 1st party because it is their IP's afterall. Psychonauts 2 was delayed so they could add more content to the game and keep polishing it, now we are going to be getting a better game because of it. I would say that was a good call my MS management. 

Recently from Xbox we've seen an unbelievable number or delays for a poor product in Crackdown 3, a failed $75 million dollar Fable project, one of the strangest fiascos ever with their biggest franchise in the Halo:Infinite reveal, the cancellation of Scalebound, Sea of Thieves launching with a lack of content, Halo: The master chief collection launching with matchmaking issues, and now Everwild?

This is not to say there isn't plenty of other developers with issues (case in point CD Projekt Red) but MS studios have definitely had a lot of problems in the past few years with delays, post-launch issues, and studios and projects being canned.

I would also argue, because he said 'Xbox is being mismanaged' that their advertising approach has been sub-par for the Series X/S, and obviously their entire marketing/design approach to the Xbox One console.

comon dallinor you been here since 2007 you should know when something is said to stir shit.
you cherrypick his point but miss the fact he was responding towards franchises not being used or being developed by first party studios.

If i go along with this cherrypick point tho, SoT HMCC keep pushing out new shit, and don't get dropped once the singleplayer campaign is finished.
yes scalebound was dropped in 2017 but doesn't mean the XGS management poor. Regarding everwild dropping a plan because it doesn't work isn't bad, that actually showed they learn from for example Scalebound.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Chris Hu said:
KratosLives said:

xbox , is the same old xbox. They haven't learned from their past faults, and i don't think they care. They only have gamepass on their mind. Halo is coming one year after they were suppsoed ot launch, and from what was shown, it looks like a early last gen title. Remember that first teaser that released that i think had the words " in game" footage, and how amazing it looked? And then you got forza again, flight sim for that niche group and starfield end of next year. That's 1.5 years away. So by the end of this year, only 1 big title would have released for the series s/x. That's if halo doesn't get delayed again.

Honestly this feels like last gen all over again, and sony will dominte in the exclusives department, again.

You can easily spend over a thousand hours in Forza Horizon 5.  Sony has nothing on that level of re playability when it comes to the exclusives department. 

Err, GT Sport is still alive

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1495257
Time driven 133 days, 10 hours, 28 min and 30 s, that's well over 3,000 hours. (and only counting actual racing time)

I didn't spend that much time with FH4 but well on my way passing that number in FS2020 :)

SvennoJ said:
Chris Hu said:

You can easily spend over a thousand hours in Forza Horizon 5.  Sony has nothing on that level of re playability when it comes to the exclusives department. 

Err, GT Sport is still alive

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1495257
Time driven 133 days, 10 hours, 28 min and 30 s, that's well over 3,000 hours. (and only counting actual racing time)

I didn't spend that much time with FH4 but well on my way passing that number in FS2020 :)

Well good for you for most people GT Sport has not enough content to even spend 1/10th of that amount of time on it especially since it has less overall content then the previous two GT games while Forza Horizon 4 actually has a lot more content then the previous two games in the franchise.

Dallinor said:
smroadkill15 said:

I suspect the root cause of the majority of these problems is scope creep and MS most likely wanting to have AAA games from studios who are not capable of it.

It doesn't help that Sony is consistently upping their game (Ratchet & Clank is super good)  - so now Sony is at a point where even their low selling/AA games are turning into massive AAA titles.

The problem that MS doesn't realize is that it took Sony two generations to get to that point. Forza is a great example too...they are consistently building off their previous work. Other studios need to be given the same breathing room to get their games out and then plan for the next one and grow from there.

Hellblade 2 has garnered so much hype, but I really wonder if that studio can handle what is expected of them, and I suspect scope creep has become a factor which is why we probably didn't see a gameplay reveal at E3 its likely they needed some more time.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
KratosLives said:

Says a guy that has never played a Horizon game keep kidding yourself buddy there is a reason all the games are over 90 on metacritic and over 12 million people played Forza Horizon 4.

It's was at 24 million people back in March. Just goes to show how hugely popular it is and anyone downplaying it's success is living in their own reality. 

I think most who are shitting on Xbox(still) don't realize how many games they actually announced so far and it's pretty insane. Here is the full list.
Confirmed projects:
Age of Empires IV by Relic Entertainment (in collaboration with World’s Edge)
As Dusk Falls by INTERIOR/NIGHT, via XGS Publishing
Avowed by Obsidian Entertainment
Contraband by Avalanche Studios, via XGS Publishing
The Elder Scrolls VI by Bethesda Game Studios
Everwild by Rare
Fable by Playground Games
Forza Horizon 5 by Playground Games
Forza Motorsport by Turn10 Studios
Grounded (full release) by Obsidian Entertainment
Halo Infinite by 343 Industries
Hellblade: Senua’s Saga by Ninja Theory
Indiana Jones by MachineGames
Microsoft Flight Simulator (Xbox port) by Asobo Studios, via XGS Publishing
The Outer Worlds 2 by Obsidian Entertainment
Perfect Dark by The Initiative
Project Mara by Ninja Theory
Psychonauts 2 by Double Fine
Redfall by Arkane Studios
Starfield by Bethesda Game Studios
State of Decay 3 by Undead Labs

Games releasing on Playstation first:
Deathloop by Arkane Studios
Ghostwire Tokyo by Tango Gameworks

Rumoured or unannounced projects:
Kojima’s game, via XGS Publishing
Project Dragon by IO Interactive, via XGS Publishing
Whatever the various other 1st-party studios are working on, such as The Coalition, inXile Entertainment, Compulsion Games, iD Software, etc.

If anyone still thinks this is the 'same old Xbox' as last gen is not being truthful with themselves.

smroadkill15 said:

I think most who are shitting on Xbox(still) don't realize how many games they actually announced so far and it's pretty insane. Here is the full list.
Confirmed projects:
Everwild by Rare

Whatever the various other 1st-party studios are working on, such as The Coalition, inXile Entertainment, Compulsion Games, iD Software, etc.

If anyone still thinks this is the 'same old Xbox' as last gen is not being truthful with themselves.

When are those coming out? 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
smroadkill15 said:

Confirmed projects:
Everwild by Rare

When are those coming out? 

before GT7

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

thismeintiel said:

When it comes to Halo, all I got to say is yikes. 4-5 months til launch, on a game delayed for 7 months now, yet we only see in-engine cutscenes for the campaign? How do they not have at a few levels ready to show gameplay at this point? Are they even working to improve the levels or are they just remaking the cutscenes in-engine (pretty sure they were in-game last time) so they look better in ads? And finally, how is Xbox so poorly mismanaged? Their only franchise that seems to constantly be on top of things is Forza. Yeesh.

My conclusion is they wanted to avoid any repeat of what happened last time ,but trying to avoid that that comes with it's own problems the main one being not reassuring your audience by showing those in game improvements leads to us being where we are now questioning them yet again.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot