By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just 16 minutes of the Xbox show was gameplay from upcoming exclusives + 10 minutes of CGI

Have any game Xbox series only? Do all have Pc counterparts launch?

I liked the event, but I don't buy a videogame if a can play all games on PC.

Better than Ubisoft ( 2 games good) and Square( nothing there to me)

Around the Network

Clearly Microsoft needs to purchase and build more studios if people are still criticizing their first party showing. Haha

Didn't mind it, was definitely a big step up over past years.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

So we've gone from "Xbox has no games" to "Xbox has too many games".

I agree that announcing a game too early can backfire if it ends up taking too long to come out. But that depends on why it took so long to come out. Crackdown 3, for example, I can excuse being revealed so early because it went through legitimate development hell. Everwild, on the other hand, was shown too early before they had much of a concept let alone a game, and now has supposedly been rebooted with a new creative lead and is now 2-3 years off.

HOWEVER, this is E3. It's basically the Comic-Con of video games. Yes, show us as many games as humanly possible. Showing more of fewer games? No thanks. Literally all of these games will be shown in deeper detail at further events. I'm perfectly content with getting just a taste in a showcase about what games are coming up.

Before this, we had no idea Redfall existed. Now we do. We got confirmation that Outer Worlds 2 is coming. We got gameplay of Horizon 5 and a release this year. We know a new Plague is coming. I don't need to see gameplay on any of these to be excited or know they are good.

Just bizarre that MS has a bitchin showcase chock full of games and somehow on teh Chartz is still a bad thing, lol.

Mar1217 said:

Convincingly enough, this was one of their better showcase with a better pacing showcasing a slew of interesting and not-so interesting games overall. They managed to vary their gameplay showcases with those CGI trailers/in-engine segments better than they usually do.

Yet, most of their new exclusives here had only brief showcase with a logo or an idea put into a CGI trailer (Hello Red Fall, Contraband, Outer Worlds 2, Starfield !)

This kinda undermines part of the effort they had done this time. Also, this conference was in need of a BIG WOW moment that simply never happened.

A good conference notheworthy of a few elements but most of it will fade as time goes on.

That is my biggest issue as well. They had a good balance of gameplay/CGI overall, but every new 1st part game they showed besides Forza lacked gameplay. It's cool they announced some new games, but it's hard to get excited for any of them. 

Mummelmann said:

This is the norm now at every show, with so much focus on CGI showings. I'm often left wondering what the basic concept of an announced title is after watching the first trailer, which makes the trailer sort of worthless to me.

Pretty much. The only ones I see showing actual full on gameplay these days within their trailers, are indie devs, but even then I've seen some indies recently following the not so great trend of "announcement trailers", where you only see a logo, no Alpha gameplay at all even. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
LurkerJ said:

The outer world 2 is a parody of MS recent conferences; especially the 2020 conference. They went as far as showing a concept of a game that hasn't been developed yet (everwild); a CGI fest isn't a good show.

I would add this event as well. That start and finish of the event pure cgi wad just sad. 

I didn't want to be a downer; but I overall agree. 

Forza single handedly saved the show. It's what NFS underground should've been if the franchise was maintained properly. It's crazy how SONY let Drive Club go and not found a replacement for them yet; they are one soldier down with Forza Horizon looking that fantastic. 

yvanjean said:
Shinobi-san said:

I've never heard the complaint of gameplay trailers being too long in conference. The number one complaint has always been that what we see at conferences is not representative of the final game. Whether its too many CGI trailers or misleading "in game" gameplay trailers.

Also I think its safe to say that most gamers generally prefer an actual gameplay demo instead of CGI...

Please, some of the biggest reaction in the past E3 were logo of FFVII Remake, God of Wars 2, Metroid 4 and Fable 4. 

I think most people would like a smaller slice of game trailers either it was CGI, Gameplay or Demo; especially, if it's a game they have zero interest of playing. Seem like you guys are making the argument that you would rather see nothing or get zero announcement unless it's a gameplay demo. Which is just wrong. I think extended gameplay demo are only really important for making buying decision. Especially if the game is going to cost $70. 

Maybe others are saying that I'm not saying that. I just feel like one more proper and impressive gameplay demo running purely on Series X would do a lot more to show off the console. A good mix is what I would say is recommended. Like I said in my first post, Sony & Nintendo have gone in the complete opposite direction while MS has not.

With regards to the above mentioned titles - those were unannounced titles.

From my initial post in the thread:

" I commend MS for keeping E3 alive though and I feel that the right and most effective approach is probably a combo of the two."

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Multiplayer section was in game as they did another video for multiplayer to show what they did for it. 

JRPGfan said:

Bandorr said:

If I were asked to guess I probably would have rounded out at 10 or so. So 16 is higher than I would have guessed.
Feels higher than last year as well so that that's an improvement.

Surprised they didn't show a lot of Halo gameplay. Not only is it coming out soon, I kinda expected them to want to cover up the stink that was last year.
I expected them to poke fun at themselves even. "Before, After. Then, Now" etc etc.

Did they actually show Horizon 5 and 6?

That could be why.

Ingame graphics are maybe not as good looking, as the CGI trailers cutscenes they can show.
After last showing, maybe they are scared to show ingame gameplay graphics.  (they dont want another greg situation)

Even the multiplayer part they showed, it was mostly CGI stuff, and these short cuts, where you barely saw any gameplay.

Also odd they didnt even give a date for when the multiplayer part of Halo Infinate is comeing.

Bandorr said:

If I were asked to guess I probably would have rounded out at 10 or so. So 16 is higher than I would have guessed.
Feels higher than last year as well so that that's an improvement.

Surprised they didn't show a lot of Halo gameplay. Not only is it coming out soon, I kinda expected them to want to cover up the stink that was last year.
I expected them to poke fun at themselves even. "Before, After. Then, Now" etc etc.

Did they actually show Horizon 5 and 6?

I haven't been on these forums much for a long time... is the ignorance (mean that word in its correct definition, not as a negative one) new, or did I just not see it? People don't understand what "in-game", "in-engine", and CGI are anymore? Even big YouTubers are calling in-game thing CGI... literally says it's "IN-GAME" That means the game is running... maybe it's a cut scene, but that doesn't mean you call it a CGI trailer when it clearly tells you it isn't. If you don't like Microsoft maybe it's time you stop posting your negative comments on the Microsoft board so you can feel better about spending money on another piece of plastic. It wasn't this bad at the height of the PS360 days.

xbox , is the same old xbox. They haven't learned from their past faults, and i don't think they care. They only have gamepass on their mind. Halo is coming one year after they were suppsoed ot launch, and from what was shown, it looks like a early last gen title. Remember that first teaser that released that i think had the words " in game" footage, and how amazing it looked? And then you got forza again, flight sim for that niche group and starfield end of next year. That's 1.5 years away. So by the end of this year, only 1 big title would have released for the series s/x. That's if halo doesn't get delayed again.

Honestly this feels like last gen all over again, and sony will dominte in the exclusives department, again.