By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just 16 minutes of the Xbox show was gameplay from upcoming exclusives + 10 minutes of CGI

LurkerJ said:
eva01beserk said:

I would add this event as well. That start and finish of the event pure cgi wad just sad. 

I didn't want to be a downer; but I overall agree. 

Forza single handedly saved the show. It's what NFS underground should've been if the franchise was maintained properly. It's crazy how SONY let Drive Club go and not found a replacement for them yet; they are one soldier down with Forza Horizon looking that fantastic. 

I stoped caring :p But yea, I think competition is good for the industry. Even if xbox is not my prefer choice, them doing good keeps competitors on check. Not gona turn a blind eye and say all is peachy here after seeing MS do the same thing they done for a decade. A ton of third party multy plats and a few first party exclusives with zero gameplay shown that most are years away. Its just the same as last gen. Just like @KratosLives said. 

Sorry but I canot prasie forza for the same reason I canot praise COD or fifa or mlb. If that was their saving grace they got nothing. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

Soooo loooking forward to Halo :D

我是广州人

eva01beserk said:

I agree that if the content is not there make the presentation shorter or right out not have one. E3 seems to be goong away now. This has been the worst an E3 has been in a long time. Im not sure there is one showing you could say was good that cpuld have saved it. Althought I havent seen Nintendo yet as I make this coment.

So glad to be eating my own words. Nintendo more than delivered. Short presentation of mostly games that will only be available on the switch. Mostly games coming out this year. New never before anounced games coming this very year. Gameplay with tree house up the ass. Nintendo saved E3

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

KratosLives said:

xbox , is the same old xbox. They haven't learned from their past faults, and i don't think they care. They only have gamepass on their mind. Halo is coming one year after they were suppsoed ot launch, and from what was shown, it looks like a early last gen title. Remember that first teaser that released that i think had the words " in game" footage, and how amazing it looked? And then you got forza again, flight sim for that niche group and starfield end of next year. That's 1.5 years away. So by the end of this year, only 1 big title would have released for the series s/x. That's if halo doesn't get delayed again.

Honestly this feels like last gen all over again, and sony will dominte in the exclusives department, again.

Forza Horizon 5 is a big title at this point its pretty much on par with Halo over 10 million people played Forza Horizon 4.

KratosLives said:

xbox , is the same old xbox. They haven't learned from their past faults, and i don't think they care. They only have gamepass on their mind. Halo is coming one year after they were suppsoed ot launch, and from what was shown, it looks like a early last gen title. Remember that first teaser that released that i think had the words " in game" footage, and how amazing it looked? And then you got forza again, flight sim for that niche group and starfield end of next year. That's 1.5 years away. So by the end of this year, only 1 big title would have released for the series s/x. That's if halo doesn't get delayed again.

Honestly this feels like last gen all over again, and sony will dominte in the exclusives department, again.

You can easily spend over a thousand hours in Forza Horizon 5.  Sony has nothing on that level of re playability when it comes to the exclusives department. 

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
KratosLives said:

You can easily spend over a thousand hours in Forza Horizon 5.  Sony has nothing on that level of re playability when it comes to the exclusives department. 

Replayability??  What does it offer that I can't find? There are driving games out there that look better and multiplayer games that look more fun.

Shinobi-san said:
yvanjean said:

Please, some of the biggest reaction in the past E3 were logo of FFVII Remake, God of Wars 2, Metroid 4 and Fable 4. 

I think most people would like a smaller slice of game trailers either it was CGI, Gameplay or Demo; especially, if it's a game they have zero interest of playing. Seem like you guys are making the argument that you would rather see nothing or get zero announcement unless it's a gameplay demo. Which is just wrong. I think extended gameplay demo are only really important for making buying decision. Especially if the game is going to cost $70. 

Maybe others are saying that I'm not saying that. I just feel like one more proper and impressive gameplay demo running purely on Series X would do a lot more to show off the console. A good mix is what I would say is recommended. Like I said in my first post, Sony & Nintendo have gone in the complete opposite direction while MS has not.

With regards to the above mentioned titles - those were unannounced titles.

From my initial post in the thread:

" I commend MS for keeping E3 alive though and I feel that the right and most effective approach is probably a combo of the two."

Well studios have to invest tons of resources in order to build gameplay demo in time for E3. Just to have the general public consider everything that they see as the final product. You'll get judge and criticized by people that never intend to play your game and might permanently turn someone away from your game that haven't bother seeing the final product. 

The problem with gameplay demo there only a few games that have the mass appeal that everyone watching would want to watch. Gameplay demo really slow down the pace of the overall show. E3 was always meant to be one big showcase followed by 5 days of on the floor display, conference and demos. You will eventually get that big Halo infinite gameplay demo it just going to be closer to launch and maybe part of it's own dedicated gameplay trailer reveal later this summer or fall.  

I think there only two games at this years E3 for Microsoft that could of got extended gameplay trailer. Psychonauts 2 which is a niche game that would of slowed down the showcase and Halo Infinite but based on last year reception that game can only be shown once you have a near complete product.  

I don't think your off based by saying the show could of used another gameplay demo. Personally, I would of like Microsoft to get Dying light 2 to showcase their game and have a deep dive on how Xbox Series X is benefiting the game but that would of detract from Microsoft message of play anywhere with gamepass on any device. 

KratosLives said:

xbox , is the same old xbox. They haven't learned from their past faults, and i don't think they care. They only have gamepass on their mind. Halo is coming one year after they were supposed to launch, and from what was shown, it looks like a early last gen title. Remember that first teaser that released that i think had the words " in game" footage, and how amazing it looked? And then you got forza again, flight sim for that niche group and starfield end of next year. That's 1.5 years away. So by the end of this year, only 1 big title would have released for the series s/x. That's if halo doesn't get delayed again.

Honestly this feels like last gen all over again, and sony will dominate in the exclusives department, again.

You did get one thing right it is the same old Xbox that will deliver on their pillar as in Forza Horizon, Forza Motorsports, Halo and Gears. 

But, yet you still want to pretend that they haven't made any studios acquisition outside Bethesda that completely change the landscape compared to last gen.

Exclusives -> Undead Labs - State of Decay 3; Initiative -> Perfect Dark; Obsidian Entertainment -> Avowed, Outer world 2; Ninja Theory -> Hellblade II; Inexile -> future project; Double Fine Production -> Psychonauts 2  (Xbox - gamepass - PS5 $60-70?).

Microsoft as given use a perfect solution while we wait 1.5 years for their exclusive. By the way Microsoft bought Zenimax not Bethesda nice that your trying to shrink that entire studio to just Starfield. 

More and more Sony is just that overprice $70 exclusives, closed culture, elitist console.  

KratosLives said:
Chris Hu said:

Replayability??  What does it offer that I can't find? There are driving games out there that look better and multiplayer games that look more fun.

Says a guy that has never played a Horizon game keep kidding yourself buddy there is a reason all the games are over 90 on metacritic and over 12 million people played Forza Horizon 4.

Chris Hu said:
KratosLives said:

Says a guy that has never played a Horizon game keep kidding yourself buddy there is a reason all the games are over 90 on metacritic and over 12 million people played Forza Horizon 4.

listen if his preference is watching games instead of playing thats his prerogative

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.