By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just 16 minutes of the Xbox show was gameplay from upcoming exclusives + 10 minutes of CGI

Dulfite said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

This is the most profound thing I've ever read on a gaming forum. 

Is this sarcasm or are you being real?

Surprisingly I'm not being sarcastic (!) . 

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:

The outer world 2 is a parody of MS recent conferences; especially the 2020 conference. They went as far as showing a concept of a game that hasn't been developed yet (everwild); a CGI fest isn't a good show.

I would add this event as well. That start and finish of the event pure cgi wad just sad. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I took a drink every time they said diverse, I'm posting this from beyond the grave.

The outer worlds 2 trailer would have been funny if not for it being in an entire show (E3 not just the MS conference) where that's all that most of the trailers are, just nothing of substance and the game title.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

thismeintiel said:

Lol, what does that have to do with that conversation? No one said the IP wasn't owned by MS. The point was both that game and AoE4 were farmed out to 3rd parties, not by developed internal studios, since smroadkill15 tried to use those games to argue their internal studios we're not mismanaged.

smroadkill15 said:

You think them showing the players vs players was cutscenes? Give me a break. How about watch the multiplayer overview that released today. It looks exactly the same and has gameplay. Halo Infinite | Multiplayer Overview - YouTube

You said, MS poorly manages their franchises besides Forza. Is Age of Empires and Flight Sim not their franchises? MS still has to work with these 3rd party developers just like if they were 1st party because it is their IP's afterall. Psychonauts 2 was delayed so they could add more content to the game and keep polishing it, now we are going to be getting a better game because of it. I would say that was a good call my MS management. 

In the actual E3 video, yes it was. That's why MS themselves labeled it as in-game. It's a little smoother and more polished than the vid you linked. Which is probably why they used it.

I said Xbox, as in it's studios are mismanaged. Why are these games being farmed out? Why aren't Xbox's internal studios handlling them? Even before the aquisition of Bethesda, they had just as many as Sony.  Yet, those games and something like Killer Instinct on the XBO was developed by 3rd parties.

I'm not seeing any noticeable difference besides one getting the flashy trailer editing. Have you seen the reception? Vast majority of the community enjoyed what they saw. 

Xbox has an internal studio called World's Edge that's helping with the development of Age of Empire 4 and will likely take over future titles once this game releases."Why aren't xbox's internal studios handling them?" Oh idk, maybe because they don't have the time or would rather work on something else.

I guess Sony has their own mismanagement considering Sackboy: A Big Adventure was made by a 3rd party developers. 

smroadkill15 said:
JRPGfan said:

That could be why.

Ingame graphics are maybe not as good looking, as the CGI trailers cutscenes they can show.
After last showing, maybe they are scared to show ingame gameplay graphics.  (they dont want another greg situation)

Even the multiplayer part they showed, it was mostly CGI stuff, and these short cuts, where you barely saw any gameplay.

Also odd they didnt even give a date for when the multiplayer part of Halo Infinate is comeing.

Umm the multiplayer they showed was 90% gameplay. Not always from the players perspective, but absolutely in-game. The only part that wasn't was when the spartan women was talk to the soldiers for maybe 10 seconds of it. They are doing a multiplayer overview today so I'm sure we will see more gameplay or even a full match. 

Didnt it say "in-engine" ? ei. not even taken from the actual game? or running on console hardware?

Its made to look like its from the game, and how gameplay multiplayer would or *could* look, but its not.
No one played that, recorded it, and then edited it to look like that.

Its like makeing a movie instead... ei. CGI... of multiplayer.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Some of those games were timed exclusives. Seems a little unfair to only add up the time from lifetime exclusives. The following games were timed console exclusives for Xbox Series:

-STALKER 2
-The Ascent
-Slime Rancher 2
-Shredders
-Replaced
-Somerville
-Twelve Minutes
-Party Animals

Supposedly STALKER 2 is only 3 months of exclusivity.

JRPGfan said:

Didnt it say "in-engine" ? ei. not even taken from the actual game? or running on console hardware?

Its made to look like its from the game, and how gameplay multiplayer would or *could* look, but its not.

Found the spot in the conference.

The thought never occurred to me that it could be all faked gameplay.  I really hope that's not the case and it just meant it's from an earlier build.  But that would be deceptive if true.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
JRPGfan said:

Found the spot in the conference.

The thought never occurred to me that it could be all faked gameplay.  I really hope that's not the case and it just meant it's from an earlier build.  But that would be deceptive if true.

its in-engine bc its not firstpersonview

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

JRPGfan said:
smroadkill15 said:

Umm the multiplayer they showed was 90% gameplay. Not always from the players perspective, but absolutely in-game. The only part that wasn't was when the spartan women was talk to the soldiers for maybe 10 seconds of it. They are doing a multiplayer overview today so I'm sure we will see more gameplay or even a full match. 

Why would they make a CGI trailer for multiplayer when they literally showed gameplay in their video they posted today? Your questioning of it being gameplay just makes me think you don't know what Halo gameplay looks like. I've been playing Halo for 20 years. I know gameplay when I see it. 

thismeintiel said:
Chris Hu said:

Flight Simulator has always been a Microsoft IP the first game was released in November of 1982 that is long time before Sony even tried thinking about getting into video games and even before the NES was released in Japan.

Lol, what does that have to do with that conversation? No one said the IP wasn't owned by MS. The point was both that game and AoE4 were farmed out to 3rd parties, not by developed internal studios, since smroadkill15 tried to use those games to argue their internal studios we're not mismanaged.

smroadkill15 said:

You think them showing the players vs players was cutscenes? Give me a break. How about watch the multiplayer overview that released today. It looks exactly the same and has gameplay. Halo Infinite | Multiplayer Overview - YouTube

You said, MS poorly manages their franchises besides Forza. Is Age of Empires and Flight Sim not their franchises? MS still has to work with these 3rd party developers just like if they were 1st party because it is their IP's afterall. Psychonauts 2 was delayed so they could add more content to the game and keep polishing it, now we are going to be getting a better game because of it. I would say that was a good call my MS management. 

In the actual E3 video, yes it was. That's why MS themselves labeled it as in-game. It's a little smoother and more polished than the vid you linked. Which is probably why they used it.

I said Xbox, as in it's studios are mismanaged. Why are these games being farmed out? Why aren't Xbox's internal studios handlling them? Even before the aquisition of Bethesda, they had just as many as Sony.  Yet, those games and something like Killer Instinct on the XBO was developed by 3rd parties.

If you really want to talk about mismanaged studios no Microsoft first or second party studio is as badly mismanaged as Sony's first party studio Polyphony Digital you have constant delays missing features that where promised etc. etc.  and all that already started on the PS2 with GT4.