By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just 16 minutes of the Xbox show was gameplay from upcoming exclusives + 10 minutes of CGI

JRPGfan said:
Bandorr said:

If I were asked to guess I probably would have rounded out at 10 or so. So 16 is higher than I would have guessed.
Feels higher than last year as well so that that's an improvement.

Surprised they didn't show a lot of Halo gameplay. Not only is it coming out soon, I kinda expected them to want to cover up the stink that was last year.
I expected them to poke fun at themselves even. "Before, After. Then, Now" etc etc.

Did they actually show Horizon 5 and 6?

That could be why.

Ingame graphics are maybe not as good looking, as the CGI trailers cutscenes they can show.
After last showing, maybe they are scared to show ingame gameplay graphics.  (they dont want another greg situation)

Even the multiplayer part they showed, it was mostly CGI stuff, and these short cuts, where you barely saw any gameplay.

Also odd they didnt even give a date for when the multiplayer part of Halo Infinate is comeing.

Umm the multiplayer they showed was 90% gameplay. Not always from the players perspective, but absolutely in-game. The only part that wasn't was when the spartan women was talk to the soldiers for maybe 10 seconds of it. They are doing a multiplayer overview today so I'm sure we will see more gameplay or even a full match. 

Around the Network

I... didn't even realise E3 had started already...

thismeintiel said:

When it comes to Halo, all I got to say is yikes. 4-5 months til launch, on a game delayed for 7 months now, yet we only see in-engine cutscenes for the campaign? How do they not have at a few levels ready to show gameplay at this point? Are they even working to improve the levels or are they just remaking the cutscenes in-engine (pretty sure they were in-game last time) so they look better in ads? And finally, how is Xbox so poorly mismanaged? Their only franchise that seems to constantly be on top of things is Forza. Yeesh.

I would rather them not force out a demo that takes away from the development of an already delayed game. They will show off the single player in next few months when they're ready. We saw gameplay yesterday for the multiplayer so if you're curious about how the single player will look and feel, there you go. 

So because Halo has had some development issues, every Xbox studio is mismanaged? Flight Sim, Psychonauts 2, Age of Empires 4, FH5 are all quality games and releasing this year, and I'm sure Halo Infinite will great. 

@smroadkill15

Hold up, dont mistake concern with genuine concern.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

This is the norm now at every show, with so much focus on CGI showings. I'm often left wondering what the basic concept of an announced title is after watching the first trailer, which makes the trailer sort of worthless to me.

Around the Network

I agree.

I think it was a solid 7.5/10 show. Lots of new announcements and games coming to Game Pass that I definitively want to play. But I still think it would have been a blow out if we would have seen just a bigger gameplay demo of just 2 of the many exclusives they have announced (any combo of either Avowed, Hellblade, Perfect Dark or Fable) would have elevated it to 10/10.

i think one issue is that they do not want to recreate another 2020 Halo: Infinite reveal, where they show gameplay for a game that is definitively playable, but lacks in polish.
To be fair it seems most studios are like this nowadays. After the Cyberpunk 2077 fiasco, I don't recall there are that many devs that are showing gameplay for games that are more than 1 year out. When they do show gameplay reveals, it is often just uploaded online when it is ready.

Also, I do expect they'll be another Xbox event this year, for the 20th anniversary of Xbox/Halo, where they'll show more Halo and confirm a release date.

The star of the show was Forza Horizon 5 and it wasn't announced too soon since I'm pretty sure its almost completed already and I'm guessing you can already pre install the whole game sometime in July or August before it launches on November the 9th.

Also the didn't show anything of Forza Horizon 6 even though I'm pretty sure they already started working on it.

flint said:

In summary I feel like this could have been a better showcase by showing more of fewer games, The outerworlds 2, Contraband and Redfall could have waited and I would loved to have seen more than 5 minutes of Halo. My advice to Xbox would be to calm down, more of us will buy a Series X/S when there are the games to justify it, those who will buy a console on hype already have one.

This is an E3 showcase, If anything people have been complaining that gameplay trailer at E3 are too long. They can have deep dive on specific game after the showcase. Just like they are doing for Halo Infinite - Multiplayer today.

Microsoft did an amazing job showing the roadmap of games coming in 2021 and early 2022. While still having a few surprise of the future road map to get people excited for beyond. Starfield, Outerworlds 2, ContraBand and Redfall are some of the games that have Xbox fan most excited about the future roadmap and you would have them remove them from the showcase. 

This was an amazing conference that was very well received, with your advice this would of been a very subpar conference. 

You must of missed out on the true message of Xbox's E3 2021: the value proposition of Gamepass and the breath of game coming to the subscription service. 

yvanjean said:
flint said:

In summary I feel like this could have been a better showcase by showing more of fewer games, The outerworlds 2, Contraband and Redfall could have waited and I would loved to have seen more than 5 minutes of Halo. My advice to Xbox would be to calm down, more of us will buy a Series X/S when there are the games to justify it, those who will buy a console on hype already have one.

This is an E3 showcase, If anything people have been complaining that gameplay trailer at E3 are too long. They can have deep dive on specific game after the showcase. Just like they are doing for Halo Infinite - Multiplayer today.

Microsoft did an amazing job showing the roadmap of games coming in 2021 and early 2022. While still having a few surprise of the future road map to get people excited for beyond. Starfield, Outerworlds 2, ContraBand and Redfall are some of the games that have Xbox fan most excited about the future roadmap and you would have them remove them from the showcase. 

This was an amazing conference that was very well received, with your advice this would of been a very subpar conference. 

You must of missed out on the true message of Xbox's E3 2021: the value proposition of Gamepass and the breath of game coming to the subscription service. 

I've never heard the complaint of gameplay trailers being too long in conference. The number one complaint has always been that what we see at conferences is not representative of the final game. Whether its too many CGI trailers or misleading "in game" gameplay trailers.

Also I think its safe to say that most gamers generally prefer an actual gameplay demo instead of CGI...

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|