By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 Lifetime Sales Predictions

How well do you think PS5 will sell lifetime?

Under 50 million 2 1.38%

50-75 million 4 2.76%

75-100 million 24 16.55%

100-125 million 85 58.62%

125-150 million 29 20.00%

150+ million 1 0.69%

Total:145

120 ~ 130 millions.

Around the Network

I can see the PS5 selling around 125 million. I definitely see this gen increasing a lot from last gen, even without factoring in Switch (PS + XBOX)

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Voted 100-125m. Initially predicted 90m before launch just because I thought that so-called traditional consoles might drop in popularity a bit thanks to competition with PC and Switch. But upping the prediction to around the same numbers as PS4 after seeing the performance in the first few months on the market. I still think that PS5 will sell less than PS4 but not by much.

125M+

The momentum the ps5 has coming of the ps4 is huge. and the games seems to be coming better and sooner than ps4 I can only see the ps5 doing better than the ps4. Not to mention the competition seems to be having a very very slow start in the games department. This will make the momentum the ps5 has last even longer untill actual competition shows.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

100-125 million.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

As of May 8, we have the majority of people (43 votes and 61%) voting for 100-125 million, followed by 75-100 million (14 votes and 120%), then 125-150 million (11 votes and 15%). The other three options have just one vote each. 

This thread is just for early predictions as things can change over the years. We can make this thread once a year or so to see what people think as time moves on. 

120% ? That's huge !

trunkswd said:

As of May 8, we have the majority of people (43 votes and 61%) voting for 100-125 million, followed by 75-100 million (14 votes and 120%), then 125-150 million (11 votes and 15%). The other three options have just one vote each. 

This thread is just for early predictions as things can change over the years. We can make this thread once a year or so to see what people think as time moves on. 

I wonder who that singular soul is who voted 150 million plus.

I always love seeing these threads bumped years down the line just to see how expectations match up against reality and how the fates change with time.

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

I always love seeing these threads bumped years down the line just to see how expectations match up against reality and how the fates change with time.

This just reminds me of the ps4 vs x1

During that time at launch it wad yhe same. People expecting like crazzy how the upset the x1 was gona make. Then every so and so they find another thing to atribute the issue. Now they swear its all thanks to 2013 reveal. But at the moment a lot where praising tv tv tv and Kinect saying its worth it. 

Then list wars almost on a yearly basis. While they claimed exclusives dont matter. 

I really see this gen playing out like last. Biger gap but not huge. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Too early to tell, it started very well, but supplies problems are preventing launch year sales from reaching their full potential and some damage will be dragged to lifetime sales too. Anyway, as Sony sacrificed a lot of PS4 final years sales to free resources for PS5 launch, I expect it to try and make it outsell PS4 if it will be viable, that is, if it will show to be able to reach PS4 sales without forcing it with unprofitable moves, most probably Sony will keep on supporting its sales enough to outsell it by a decent margin, unless resources will be in short supply again for PS6 launch too.
125-130M if things go very well until the end (anything more would require things to go exceptionally well)
100-120M if things go well, but nothing to write home about and/or if PS6 launch will force Sony to cut PS5 late production too

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

eva01beserk said:
curl-6 said:

This just reminds me of the ps4 vs x1

During that time at launch it wad yhe same. People expecting like crazzy how the upset the x1 was gona make. Then every so and so they find another thing to atribute the issue. Now they swear its all thanks to 2013 reveal. But at the moment a lot where praising tv tv tv and Kinect saying its worth it. 

Then list wars almost on a yearly basis. While they claimed exclusives dont matter. 

I really see this gen playing out like last. Biger gap but not huge. 

People started leaving the Xbox platform because of that reveal. Xbox One's failure was directly tied to the way it was launched. No one wanted Kinect, always online, etc.

Nintendo with the Switch: