By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games hooked you well.

Pikmin 3.
Wherever I try to play something from my Switch backlog, I see Pikmin 3 and end up playing that instead.

Add Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Zelda BotW to that list. They're drugs.

Around the Network

In the last few years: BotW (1000+ hours), Splatoon 2, SMO, Doom (2016), Ys VIII, Civilisation VI, Tetris 99, Skyrim, SSBU, Bowser's Fury, DQ XI S, MHR, Sniper Elite 4.

Panzer General 2 and Fantasy General did to me when I was a kid.

I was sick with 39.5 degrees Celsius fever (103 degrees Fahrenheit), had a running nose, headache and every muscle and bone felt like hurting me a lot. I was so concentrating on my tactics that I completely forgot my sickness, even my nose stopped running for the time being.

Nowadays, I'm more hooked on Oxygen not Included, Rise to Ruins and The Universim, and God Games in general, I could spend entire days on them finding a perfect way to develop my colony. Though that's also due to the lack of wargames these days that ain't copies of Panzer General 2.

Forza Horizon 4 played it over 1,000 hours and still play it on semi regular basis.

More than 20000 hours in Marvel vs Capcom 2 since 2002 and counting.

Around the Network

Lost oddysey, assassin creed odyssey. Played 100 percent of the main game and dlc and spent 230 hours. Animal crossing new horizons : played 172 hours.

Bayonetta 2 in switch. Beat the game in a week lol. Forest on steam. Played 100 hours of the game. Conquered 90 of the forest and then the game decided to Kill itself so we couldn't access the save ??. Ofcourse Minecraft with friends.

Overwatch, Destiny, & CoD Black Ops. Over 2k hours in each game 

Edit: actually I have 1500 hours in Destiny. 

Ultrashroomz said:

Persona 5 and Monster Hunter Rise

Those are games where 10 hours in-game feel like 6 seconds to me.

Wow.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

warcraft 3 dont know how many hours
pokemon series
dark souls series
granturismo series

its uncountable haha!

According to time spent:

Europa Universalis IV: 4000 hours
Halo Series: Probably 2000+ hours but hard to count.
Crusader Kings 2: 1500 hours
Call of Duty series: 1200 hours

But when I think "hooked" I really think about periods of time when you can think of nothing all day except the game. When you fall asleep thinking about the game and wake up with new ideas about what you're gonna try. Games like:

Minecraft
State of Decay 2
Sea of Thieves