By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games hooked you well.

I've enjoyed a lot of games, many of them i haven't for gotten.

It was 2016 that i played GTA5, and i got so hooked to it that, i still have it on my pc even though i've finished the campaign. However, I don't play online, but this game is so unique with scale and variety. I roam about or fly in the skies when i get bored.

I also got hooked to Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I'm a fan of Lara since i started playing the first Tomb Raider. I've not finished playing SoTR but i'm hooked the the atmosphere in the game.

What about you?

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

Around the Network

Zelda BOTW. More than 200 hours played.

Persona 5 and Monster Hunter Rise

Those are games where 10 hours in-game feel like 6 seconds to me.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Since 1989

Civilization (3 years)
Everquest (5 years)
World of Warcraft (4 years)
Lego City Undercover (200 hours)
GT5 (1.5 years)
Elite Dangerous (9 months)
BotW (200 hours)
GT Sport (3,181 hours time driven)
Death Stranding (300 hours)
FS 2020 (2,300 hours and counting)

I'm just a casual gamer.

Chrono Trigger/Cross are games I always return to and lose track of time.

BotW had me time traveling or something because I don't understand how sitting down for 15 minutes was making me lose several hours when I looked at the clock.

Animal Crossing New Horizons was a suprising one, but it also sent me on a trip into the future.

And currently, Monster Hunter Rise pulls me from any other game I try to play.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

BotW, Metal Gear Solid 3, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario 64, and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1. These games I've spent more time on than any other games and I continually come back for more. I've beaten Super Mario 64 on 4 different systems, Resident Evil 4 has been beaten on 3 different systems, Metal Gear Solid 3 has been beaten on 3 different systems, THPS1 I was obsessed with and played that game every day until I perfected it, and BotW is just an unforgettable experience for me.

imma just leave this here

Splatoon 2 got me really hooked. Heading toward 1000 hours.

Recently... Breath of the Wild, Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum N' Fun, Bloodborne, DOOM (2016), The Legend of Heroes saga, Punch-Out!! (NES), Hollow Knight, Xenoblade: Definitive Edition and Dragon Quest XI S.

Chrono Trigger, I got so hooked on it as a kid I had to play through dozens of times to see all endings. Still go back and play it from time to time.

Tales of Symphonia. My first and favorites Tales game. Have played it multiple times over the years.

Uncharted 2. My first platinum trophy. Beat the game and started it right back up on harder difficulties.

Other games have been close but these are top 3 that I've gotten lost in.