By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What Phone Do You Have?

What Phone Do You Have

iPhone 12 20.69%

Samsung 23 39.66%

Google Piixel 2 3.45%

OnePlus 2 3.45%

LG 3 5.17%

Other 16 27.59%

Total:58

I have an amazing Motorola Droid Turbo, I know, a relic by today's standard, but it was somewhat good back when it launched in 2014. I plan to upgrade this year, though.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

I have a Sony Xperia 1

An old Huawei Honor. It's half broken, but entirely functional, and I've got it because that's the phone my sister had when she bought a new one that wasn't half-broken. In fact, the only reason why I have a phone in the first place is because of potential emergency situations, calls for job interviews or stuff like that, so all I've spent in them over the last decade or so is 80€ - and almost half of that amount is because I didn't want to accept this last phone for free (it's the best I've ever had by far).

As a solitary person with a computer, phones don't do much for me.

I'm mostly a lurker now.

I have a Fairphone 3. I got it because with the last 2 Phones of mine had problems with charging ports, batteries and other hardware components. I really dislike having to buy a new phone every 3-4 years which is why I wanted to get an easily repairable phone.

HTC Desire 12 Plus.

Bought it two years ago for around €100 and I can't comprehend why someone would need a better phone.

Around the Network

Xiaomi Note 8

Leynos said:

Samsung Android phone. I find nothing special about Smartphones. No matter the brand make or model. They are all the same to me. Make some calls. Use a couple of apps for convenience. Use the camera and text occasionally. Handy tool yes. Why people lose their minds over these things is beyond me.

apefowepofmi 8 k 3D camerz! Do you need that to take dumbass selfies? A camera from a decade ago is good enough for that. meh.

I've only been getting into the tech of them lately and it's really interesting. It's like consoles look at consoles from 20 years ago and look at the 9th gen consoles. But for phones tech had advanced much quicker. Phones from 10 years ago are so much different than newer ones. Stuff like 5G and wireless charging are pretty neat and it's going to be interesting to see how these things develop.

DroidKnight said:
Leynos said:

Samsung Android phone. I find nothing special about Smartphones. No matter the brand make or model. They are all the same to me. Make some calls. Use a couple of apps for convenience. Use the camera and text occasionally. Handy tool yes. Why people lose their minds over these things is beyond me.

apefowepofmi 8 k 3D camerz! Do you need that to take dumbass selfies? A camera from a decade ago is good enough for that. meh.

^this

I bought my first smartphone (an Iphone 6 Plus) in 2014, and I'm still using it.  I took it apart about 2 years ago and put a larger battery in it.

Is it the 6S? Surprisingly the iPhone 6S still runs the latest version of IOS 14 which is insane for a phone of its age. Apple has done a great job at optimizing their old hardware to run newer features. 

ZTE Blade V8

Got it 4 years ago, the shop owner said that its price was low relative to its quality because it was still an upcoming brand (if I recall correctly, it was €130). It started having issues only one or two years after. Right now the worst two issues have disappeared, but it still isn't great.

I think I'll be looking for a slightly higher price category for my next phone, like €200-300.

Currently have iPhone 9. Other than battery, rest is okay. Looking to change maybe next year. Heard those Pixels are good. iPhones are well iPhones.