By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What Phone Do You Have?

What Phone Do You Have

iPhone 12 20.69%

Samsung 23 39.66%

Google Piixel 2 3.45%

OnePlus 2 3.45%

LG 3 5.17%

Other 16 27.59%

Total:58

I use an iPhone XR and it has been good so far.

Still wish the Windows mobile UI hadn’t bitten the dust though. :(

Around the Network

I have been using the Nokia Pureview 808 for more than 5 years already because of its feature-packed camera.

jason1637 said:
fordy said:

Galaxy S8. I'm close to replacing it.

I came in from Windows Phone on a Lumia 640, and I chose Samsung because I wanted a flagship phone (preferably Android, since it seemed a lot more developer friendly) that was well supported for it's lifetime. For my first real decently specc'd smartphone, I'd say I've been quite happy with it.

Are you a mobile developer? I have some friends that make apps that tell me they prefer developing for IOS because there are less devices to optimize for. 

Developing internal software for companies. Xamarin and Uno Platform usually covers rapid UI dev across all platforms.

After hating Apple for the longest time, my first smartphone I got was an Iphone 6 in 2019. The alternatives were simply worse in price and preference. So yeah, that is the phone I have.

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

The 2nd gen SE is impressive. Basically IPhone 11 specs in a smaller size with an IPhone X camera quality. Great phone but the large bezel design sucks. 

Yeah, Gen 2 SE will more than meet my needs. I don't really use my camera much so the fact that the Gen 2 SE has a lower quality camera than similarly priced range Android phones doesn't bother me. What it does have is double the storage of my gen 1 SE (I'm constantly playing a game of deletions on my current SE), an A13 chipset which is quite a bit faster than the A9 chipset on my current SE (3.5x faster GPU and 2.4x faster CPU according to Apple figures at least), 1 GB more RAM at a faster speed (LPDDR4X compared to LPDDR4 on my current SE), a slightly bigger battery, and a slightly bigger screen (which is perfect for me because I don't want a huge screen, but the SE gen 1 screen is a little too small for my liking). Only thing that sucks was Apple dropping the 3.5mm jack, I use headphones to listen to music pretty often and now I will need to buy bluetooth headphones. 

I think my iPhone 8 came with an adapter for the 3.5mm jack, but I’m not sure anymore, as that has been three years now. Maybe the SE still has that included.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

The 2nd gen SE is impressive. Basically IPhone 11 specs in a smaller size with an IPhone X camera quality. Great phone but the large bezel design sucks. 

Yeah, Gen 2 SE will more than meet my needs. I don't really use my camera much so the fact that the Gen 2 SE has a lower quality camera than similarly priced range Android phones doesn't bother me. What it does have is double the storage of my gen 1 SE (I'm constantly playing a game of deletions on my current SE), an A13 chipset which is quite a bit faster than the A9 chipset on my current SE (3.5x faster GPU and 2.4x faster CPU according to Apple figures at least), 1 GB more RAM at a faster speed (LPDDR4X compared to LPDDR4 on my current SE), a slightly bigger battery, and a slightly bigger screen (which is perfect for me because I don't want a huge screen, but the SE gen 1 screen is a little too small for my liking). Only thing that sucks was Apple dropping the 3.5mm jack, I use headphones to listen to music pretty often and now I will need to buy bluetooth headphones. 

I suggest AirPods. They’re a bit pricy (120-200) depending on the model you get but they pair seamlessly to iPhones and the quality is great.

I thought the 2017 Moto Z Force was the best phone ever made. The screen was indestructible (for me). It was plastic with a metal shell and even though the metal had nicks and dings, the screen didn't have so much as a scratch. The secret weapon was the "Moto Mods". You could attach a second battery, a second skin, a game controller, projector,speaker, etc. via magnets and give the phone new abilities. The upgrades (Moto Z2, Moto Z3) felt like downsgrades. I loved that phone.

And a week ago, I bought my daughter a new phone to replace her old broken Samsung. Got her a Moto G Power. FANTASTIC phone. I had to give the Verizon lady my info and give her access to my phone. The same day I got home, my phone died. I have my conspiracy theories...but I got myself a Moto G Power, too. Best battery in the business, bar none. I can work a full day use my phone and still have 70%+ at the end of the day. I've gone two days without charging before just to test the battery and it still had over 30%. Every phone I've had before couldn't last 12 hours.

Xperia XA, makes calls, sends texts and runs basic apps. No gaming but then I've never not near my PS or PC anymore so...

That said, ear phone jack stopped working a little while back and I can't use the load speaker on calls anymore for some reason. :P

Hmm, pie.

Nokia 7 Plus. Planning to upgrade to an 8.3 5G in the coming months.

Funny how I always hated Nokia cellphones (where they were absolutely dominating the market) but love their Smartphones (where they can't make any dent in the market).

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 27 March 2021

idk, some kind of shitty android