By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What Phone Do You Have?

What Phone Do You Have

iPhone 12 20.69%

Samsung 23 39.66%

Google Piixel 2 3.45%

OnePlus 2 3.45%

LG 3 5.17%

Other 16 27.59%

Total:58

I have a Nokia 6.2. I don't particularly like it, but good support in terms of updates is a must for me, and Android One provides exactly that. Also, when I got this after breaking the screen of my previous phone, the deal was just too good to pass. I'd like to get a phone I like better, but I don't think there's a single phone I'd like to have instead of this one. The main problem is that phones these days are just too big. Combine my requirements for updates and small size, and I'm more and more tempted to get a good old-fashioned phone instead of a smartphone... and I use smartphone features every day. I hate the current trend regarding sizes.

Around the Network

My first smart phone was the iPhone 2 (2008), next the iPhone 4, iPhone 6 plus, now the iPhone 11

The ecosystem works for me, even my ten year old apps work, the apple OS is very secure and functional

Xperia 10. It gives me a lot of trouble with phone calls. Kinda the main job of the phone. I want to support Xperia but I might switch to Galaxy because this phone always lets me down.

I bought it unlocked and have it connected to AT&T. Don' kno if that has anything to the crappy cell service and reception.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I have an Xperia 1. I really love the super tall screen.

Signalstar said:

Xperia 10. It gives me a lot of trouble with phone calls. Kinda the main job of the phone. I want to support Xperia but I might switch to Galaxy because this phone always lets me down.

I bought it unlocked and have it connected to AT&T. Don' kno if that has anything to the crappy cell service and reception.

What’s the issue with phone calls? I find it really odd that a phone struggles with calls.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Signalstar said:

What’s the issue with phone calls? I find it really odd that a phone struggles with calls.

In the first place it struggles to place them. I dial a number and it just drops the call without connecting. I don't even get to hear the other line ringing some of the time. I have redialed a number 10 times just for the call to go through.

On the other side sometimes I miss calls without my phone ringing. It goes straight to voicemail and my phone won't even register or alert me to a missed call.

If I do happen to connect then the person on the other line complains that they cannot hear me half the time.

Honestly the phone is so unreliable that it is probably a liability to keep it. If I am in a life or death emergency I can't count on my phone to help me call someone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

OnePlus One. Might have been interested in buying another OnePlus phone, but they removed the headphone jack and that´s a total no-buy for me.

finalrpgfantasy said:

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. I wanted a top tier phone for future proof. The phone has a fantastic camera and is smooth as butter.

Work pays for my phone and service so I was thinking of replacing my S8+ with one of these. I keep putting off telling them which one I want.  The S8+ was great it has survived a 30' + drop onto concrete and only lost a few pixles. Then a 7' drop unto concrete cracked the screen.  It still worked but the battery is on the way out and the ear speaker is so weak I have to take all my calls on speaker phone unless I'm in a very quite environment.  It was lovely when I was talking to another supervisor and she called her person a dumb ass while I was right next to that person ... at that point I decided it was time for a new phone.

Anyway another guy at work just got one and loves it.  The only drawback to me is the size, any complaints from you about the phone?

Samsung Galaxy S10+

It's been pretty good, no real complaints. The only minor thing I could say about it is that I do miss having a notification light of some kind.

Just upgraded from the Galaxy S9 to the Galaxy S20 FE.