By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Strong Female Protagonists in Gaming?

foodfather said:

I'd agree with this.

While I can see some painting her as weak because for most of the game you're powerless prey, that's more a testament to the terrifying lethality of the xenomorph. Amanda uses her smarts rather than her muscles to stay alive and overcome the odds stacks against her, leveraging her hands-on mechanical skills to cobble together distractions and makeshift defenses. She's tenacious, resourceful, and believable.

She's a good example of how a character can be strong without being a destructive powerhouse.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

Not many would know her and shes more a voice command than an action hero however she controls an entire Kushan Mothership. Those that have played the games would know her importance.

Karan S'jet (Homeworld)

Every family has at least one weird relative, and you have supplied us with Cortana's strange aunty.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Tifa Lockhart, Jill Valentine, Regina from Dino Crisis and Amanda Ripley. I think all of them are really strong women who go through A LOT and make it all the way to the end of their narratives like absolute badasses.

CaptainExplosion said:
Spike0503 said:

Tifa Lockhart, Jill Valentine, Regina from Dino Crisis and Amanda Ripley. I think all of them are really strong women who go through A LOT and make it all the way to the end of their narratives like absolute badasses.

And Ripley inspired Samus, with whom this thread opened. ^^

Thats Amanda Sir. 

Shes, Ellen 

Around the Network
foodfather said:
CaptainExplosion said:

And Ripley inspired Samus, with whom this thread opened. ^^

Thats Amanda Sir. 

Shes, Ellen 

Yikes. That is a terrible render.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Aerith from FF7
Leona from The King of Fighters.

A couple to add

1. Cortana 

2. Bonnie Macfarlane (Of Red Dead)

Edit: Little bit of a potential spoiler there. Not a big deal, but we're very cautious about those things.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 15 March 2021

Not strictly a gaming protagonist, but as far strong women in gaming go, but this came across my feed the other day and really stood out

Sonya Blade