By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Strong Female Protagonists in Gaming?

Edlegard- She was 100% right. 

Spoiler!
Her world was legitimately being controlled by lizard people and she took a stand against it. 

Edea Lee- Another who was willing to question what she was raised to believe and cover the truth.

Taki- She didn't let her absurd breasts ruin her dream of becoming a ninja. The fact that she can balance and be stealthy with those is a testament to her determination.

Around the Network
Rob5VGC said:
Vodacixi said:

Aqua is a terribly written character though... like most new KH characters from BbS onwards

And even if we are only talking about badassery... while it's true that she's pretty badass in BbS and 0.2, she gets her ass kicked every single time in KH III. So... yeah.

Your intentions are clear. You just wanted to talk shit about Aqua (most likely because its Kingdom Hearts like the majority of non-Japanese sheep). Did you read the title and OP? If you did, you wouldn't be talking about "written" and saying "though" as if you were making a point. You weren't.

She gets her ass kicked "every single time in KH3"?

1. In order to save her.

2. She threw herself in the way to protect someone in a fight against someone she beat in BBS.

3. Post traumatic "I've been in the Dark World for 11 years" disorder.

4. Got to let the one who got his body possessed save her even though she beat the one controlling his body in BBS.

So... yeah. Go find someone else to talk shit about for no reason because you're off topic and the points you brought up were weak as shit and inconsistent. Imagine trying to correlate a characters story, which she has no control of, as a response to "She'd beat all these other characters listed", which is based on pure abilities just to shit on a character. How can you say someone is terribly written when you can't even read the OP properly and you have bad eye sight? Your words mean nothing.

ROFL

KH is terrible.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Dante9 said:

Abby from TLOU2 is my favorite.
1. As realistic as they come, she could actually really exist even in the real world.(Let's not get into the muscle debate again, please)
2. She's just a badass and I love it
3. She doesn't need to put down men in order to lift herself up, there's no chip on her shoulder, she simply gets shit done and earns my respect through that, just like any man would
BTW, same things also apply to Ellie, or Dina, but I just love me some Abby, what can I say?

I wouldn't say that she is one of my favorites, but I really liked Abby. I hated Ellie though.

JJMA said:

Senua, Pai Chan from VF (she wants to beat up her dad for working her mother to death), Aika from Skies of Arcadia. Alyx Vance. Not going to pick one dimensional and or sexualized characters (i.e. Bayonetta) since it goes against the message of this post.

Why would picking Bayonetta be against the message of this post? Isn't she a strong female protagonist? Or are strength and sexuality (or sensuality) mutually exclusives? 

chakkra said:
JJMA said:

Senua, Pai Chan from VF (she wants to beat up her dad for working her mother to death), Aika from Skies of Arcadia. Alyx Vance. Not going to pick one dimensional and or sexualized characters (i.e. Bayonetta) since it goes against the message of this post.

Why would picking Bayonetta be against the message of this post? Isn't she a strong female protagonist? Or are strength and sexuality (or sensuality) mutually exclusives? 

Yeah the notion that a female character can only be strong if she's desexualized honestly seems rather puritanical and backwards.

Bayonetta was actually designed by a woman.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 10 March 2021

Around the Network
chakkra said:
Dante9 said:

Abby from TLOU2 is my favorite.
1. As realistic as they come, she could actually really exist even in the real world.(Let's not get into the muscle debate again, please)
2. She's just a badass and I love it
3. She doesn't need to put down men in order to lift herself up, there's no chip on her shoulder, she simply gets shit done and earns my respect through that, just like any man would
BTW, same things also apply to Ellie, or Dina, but I just love me some Abby, what can I say?

I wouldn't say that she is one of my favorites, but I really liked Abby. I hated Ellie though.

I didn't hate Ellie in this one, but she had become a bit of a downer with age. I guess I can't really blame her, but I missed the 14-year-old Ellie from the first game, she was like a breath of fresh air in that bleak world.

Common what the hell kind of ban was that???

JWeinCom said:

Spoiler!
Her world was legitimately being controlled by lizard people and she took a stand against it. 

No.

Spoiler!

She had a lot of good points about how the world had become corrupted by the power of crests, and cleansing it completely of those powers was a legit option, but she was also fed a lot of misinformation like believing Nemesis was actually innocent and Seiros had manipulated everyone against him. Nemesis was just a random grave robber who himself was manipulated.

She just chose to believe conveniently negative facts about the church of Seiros because it fit her agenda and she had a bias against crest powers and the originators of it.

Fire Emblem Three Houses is a good example of how there can be multiple correct paths to a future, multiple ways to solve a problem, but you can never have one complete truth because there's always different perspectives for every scenario. That's why you're meant to play all the different routes.

(You'd be shocked how little you know of the story if you've only played one.)

Shaunodon said:
JWeinCom said:

Spoiler!

No.

Spoiler!

She had a lot of good points about how the world had become corrupted by the power of crests, and cleansing it completely of those powers was a legit option, but she was also fed a lot of misinformation like believing Nemesis was actually innocent and Seiros had manipulated everyone against him. Nemesis was just a random grave robber who himself was manipulated.

She just chose to believe conveniently negative facts about the church of Seiros because it fit her agenda and she had a bias against crest powers and the originators of it.

Fire Emblem Three Houses is a good example of how there can be multiple correct paths to a future, multiple ways to solve a problem, but you can never have one complete truth because there's always different perspectives for every scenario. That's why you're meant to play all the different routes.

(You'd be shocked how little you know of the story if you've only played one.)

I have played through all of them except the DLC. Edlegard is right.

Not many would know her and shes more a voice command than an action hero however she controls an entire Kushan Mothership. Those that have played the games would know her importance.

Karan S'jet (Homeworld)

Last edited by Azzanation - on 11 March 2021