By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Strong Female Protagonists in Gaming?

Abby > Ellie

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

I'm gonna throw some love to Princess Peach here.

Sure she gets captured alot, but that doesn't disqualify her. Sometimes a woman needs to be saved. Other times she needs to sneak out of the castle and help save the world. Sometimes she needs to have a weird relationship with a computer. Sometimes she wants to bake a cake for her man and sometimes she wants to throw a blue shell at him. Being strong doesn't mean never needing help, or never doing anything "girly".

JWeinCom said:

I'm gonna throw some love to Princess Peach here.

Sure she gets captured alot, but that doesn't disqualify her. Sometimes a woman needs to be saved. Other times she needs to sneak out of the castle and help save the world. Sometimes she needs to have a weird relationship with a computer. Sometimes she wants to bake a cake for her man and sometimes she wants to throw a blue shell at him. Being strong doesn't mean never needing help, or never doing anything "girly".

And like Aerith, she doesn't seem to be all that bothered by her peril. She's kinda fallen into a state of 'oh, well this is my life, now'. She's a damsel, but she ain't in distress! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I just remembered another female protagonist I really like.  Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles.

Dunno if she counts as a "protagonist", but you do play as her in certain missions so what the heck.

Syrenne from The Last Story.

I love that they took the hard-drinking tough-talking brawler archetype then made her a woman where such characters are almost always male.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 26 March 2021

Around the Network

Primrose Azelhart and H'aanit from Octopath Traveler

Jill valentine
Aloy from hzd
Claire redfield
Lara croft
Kat from gravity rush series
Souls game female protag hahaha

Isabelle from Animal Crossing

Melia from Xenoblade

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Lara Croft is the easy choice here, because of the word strong. But, I don't care for Tomb Raider. So, Ill go with Clementine. I think she is the best female character that I've ever played, though strong doesn't fit her as obviously. She may actually be the single most compelling character that I've played, regardless of gender. I agree that Ellie belongs in the conversation as well, though Clem bests her easily in my book.

Well, obv Moxxi from Borderlands 2 :P

But on a (slightly) more serious note: 

- Jill Valentine
- Joanna Dark
- Lara Croft 
- Female Eivor count? If so, female Eivor :P
- Primrose Azelhart
- feel like given my sig I'm obligated to say D.va. But also Tracer, Zarya, Ashe if we're talkin Overwatch

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden