By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Super Mario Bros. game?

What's your favorite Super Mario Bros. game?

Super Mario Bros. 51 7.14%

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels 4 0.56%

Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) 16 2.24%

Super Mario Bros. 3 197 27.59%

Super Mario World 297 41.60%

New Super Mario Bros. 42 5.88%

New Super Mario Bros. Wii 41 5.74%

New Super Mario Bros. 2 7 0.98%

New Super Mario Bros. U 42 5.88%

New Super Luigi U 17 2.38%

Total:714

Super Mario World is the only 2D Mario game that I really got into. I had a blast with SMB Wii, and I appreciate most of the other games (particularly 1-3), but SMW was the first video game that I ever completed, so it's an easy decision for me.

Around the Network

Super Mario World. One of my childhood games.

I also loved Super Mario All-Stars.

Super Mario World is the best.

SMB1, SMB3, and NSMB are great.

The rest of them just exist for me.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

hands down Super Mario World

NSMB Wii ...it brought my fav 2D platform to new levels of fun by making it 4 players

Around the Network

Super Mario Bros. 3. Short levels, packed with ideas, tight controls, interesting power ups (sidenote : I feel SM3DW has a lot of what made SMB3 great).

As for a new entry: visual overhaul is imperative (the "new" look is old) and the hard part, spice up the gameplay while still being true to the roots of the series.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 01 March 2021

Signature goes here!

SMW followed by SMB3

Best: Super Mario World. Also the greatest of any Mario game.
Worst: Any Mario game with New in the title.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Rol goes through all the trouble to set up the poll, and then some clown spits on that work by picking New Super Mario Bros. 2. Some people have zero shame...

Anyways, I voted for SMB3, for the many reasons already shared. My runner ups were the console New SMB games, both of which were pretty good. I actually liked New Super Luigi U as well, but it felt too different to really make the Top 5. Still better than the handheld games, though.

Super Mario World. I mostly played it on GBA as Super Mario Advance 2. GBA was my first handheld.

Bonus: Whatever it is, I don't want another New Super Mario Bros. They're too stale now.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima