By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainExplosion said:

The Office. I don't know who's more punchable, Dwight, Kelly or Angela.

I kinda liked Dwight, Angela, Kelly, and Ryan were funny. My favourite character was probably Jan.

I've always thought Jim Halpert was the one most deserving of a punch. Dude didn't even do his job, didn't even try, yet kept getting promotions and commendations. But, perhaps punching someone for massively overachieving and being boring is unjustified... maybe a nice backhand slap to the mouth.
He was kind of dull compared to Tim Canterbury. Jim was basically Tim with all the character's accountability, failure, and character flaws bleached out.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 01 May 2024

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Movies:

- Jurassic Park

- The Matrix

TV Shows:

- Fullmetal Alchemist on my own

- Modern Family with my wife

- Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends with my kids. 

- Season 3 of Bluey with the whole family. 

I just saw The Fall Guy yesterday, I enjoyed it. It didn’t have the wit or the humor of the other movie-within-a-movie movie or movie about making a movie (Tropic Thunder) or whatever terminology you want to use, but it was still a solid, fun time. I liked seeing Gosling and Blunt’s rekindling romance and they had some feel good moments with good chemistry with some kickass action (though it kinda teeters on Fast and the Furious levels of absurdity if that’s not your thing).

And the big twist midway through the movie as well as the climax and hook for the story had me sold. I’m dead serious when I say it’s not what the trailers advertised at all… and I loved it. It looks like Universal learned a thing or two about swerving audiences after all the (rightful) backlash over Halloween Ends (read: how to do it right).

Also dug hearing Kiss’ “I Was Made for Lovin’ You”.

3.75/5

This YouTube Poop about Donald Duck that had me laughing hysterically. XD

The Walking Dead.
I'm on season 7 now I think. The writing and scenes tend to be really bad or really good. It's quite hard to keep watching at times, but has me glued to the screen at others. Overall it's been ok so far.
Reminds me a bit of Days Gone as I finished it not long ago, and really reminds me a lot of Death Stranding.

Around the Network

Melissa and Joey. Doesn't feel right seeing her without a certain talking black cat.

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes: A step down from the Caesar trilogy, but still entertaining. It was fascinating watching the technology evolve in that trilogy from 'good enough to get the point across' to completely believable at times. Now we've fully crossed that delta and can confidently and convincingly tell stories about any creature in any time or place. Pretty cool stuff. The ending leaves room for bigger conflicts and stories that keep me excited for the future of the franchise.

Started re-watching Fringe on Max. The Wife hadn't seen it and it is catching her interest.

TallSilhouette said:

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes: A step down from the Caesar trilogy, but still entertaining. It was fascinating watching the technology evolve in that trilogy from 'good enough to get the point across' to completely believable at times. Now we've fully crossed that delta and can confidently and convincingly tell stories about any creature in any time or place. Pretty cool stuff. The ending leaves room for bigger conflicts and stories that keep me excited for the future of the franchise.

I saw it last Friday and these are my sentiments as well: not as good as the original (reboot) Apes trilogy, still pretty good.

I just watched the first 2 episodes of Pretty Little Liars: Summer School on Max yesterday. I’ll admit, I’ve never watched the original PLL or any of the spin-offs, but I like horror, so I decided to check out Original Sin on Max a couple years ago and loved it. Bunch of compelling inter-connected plot threads with strong (though mostly assholic) characters. And lots of horror movie trope-naming and references (and 90’s callbacks, namely Orgy’s version of Blue Monday in the series opening). It’s very Scream-esque and I’m really enjoying the first couple of episodes we’ve gotten so far of the new season, titled Summer School. 

Little trigger warning, though: it hits some very sensitive subject matter, namely rape, self-harm and suicide. I understand those things might be triggering for some, especially the latter. It even carries a disclaimer right before the beginning of each episode (in S1, anyway), but I would otherwise recommend if you’re into horror as I am.

Saw the season finale of X-Men 97. Without spoiling anything big, I was sad after realizing they'd thrown in a nod to Magneto's 90s voice actor, the late David Hemblen, who died the same year as Norm Spencer who played Cyclops. :(