By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Finally got to see Dune Part One. Could have been more faithful with certain details, but I'm not too bothered by the creative changes. The important things-- general story, character portrayals, tone, visual style, sound/music etc. --were all pretty much perfect. Didn't feel as slow as I was preparing for either.

Unfortunate it still can't take off in the mainstream. I don't think it can be made much better at this point. Also wish it was 30mins longer so they could finish all the scenes pre-timeskip, then 3 years between filming would look perfectly natural.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:

The Batman: Boy does it feel good to have a quality Batman again! The casting, music, photography, direction, action, everything's on point. Loved seeing his detective side for a change, the neo noir inspirations, and Batman feeling like a force of nature again. Probably tied with Begins as my second favorite Batman film (TDK still #1). Can't wait to see what else this team has in store for us. The Bat is back, baby!

Turning Red: Pixar still isn't missing a beat. More gender specific than most family features but still plenty enjoyable for a guy like myself (especially having grown up at the peak of American boy band fever). The animation is expectedly beautiful and has some interesting anime inspirations I haven't really seen out of Disney/Pixar before. Would watch again.

Granted that I haven't seen The Batman yet. I'm still kinda lukewarm of Robert Pattinson taking the mantle for the caped crusader. He's too small and scrawny (imo) for Batman/Bruce Wayne and he looks like he's just has very limited emotion not too far from Christan Bales grouchy self in TKD. And after Ben Affleck's quite brilliant portrayal and actual good fight scenes this looks and sounds more like a grounded Batman from Christopher Nolan films and Joker (ew). A detective noir movie with Batman.. hmm I guess I'll wait for this to come out on Bluray or something. Good that you enjoyed it though!

I'm watching My Hero Acedemia. On Season 2 atm, and while not quite as good as S1 its still entertaining. Also finished Reacher which was pretty good.

Fool cooly

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Just came back from the Cinema to watch The Batman and man.. that movie was so boring and depressing. If they make another one of these type of movies hard pass. It was like watching a PG-13 movie based on Rorschach (from The Watchman) only without the dark comedic bits and a lot less interesting.

3 hours long of misery, meh action scenes, expositions and one dimensional characters.. and a weak emo Batman with not much emotional connection or chemistry between the cast. Urgh. Should have listened to my gut lol. 2/5

Last edited by hinch - on 26 March 2022

Let Me In

Brilliant film; the young leads show remarkable acting ability for their age, the story is haunting poignant, and the directing is excellent. One of the best horror films of the 21st century to date in my opinion.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Let Me In

Brilliant film; the young leads show remarkable acting ability for their age, the story is haunting poignant, and the directing is excellent. One of the best horror films of the 21st century to date in my opinion.

I don't remember too much of the movie but it was a decent iirc. Do watch the original too 'Let the Right One In'.

Rewatched Batman Vs Superman. And going through Justice League Synders Cut again.  Tbh I really don't get the hate for BvS. Its a good action movie with some questionable writing, obvious miscast (Jesse Eisenburg as Luthor) and some unintentionally hilarious scenes - Marthaaaa xD. Though has one notable scene thats one of my best in any superhero film ever (Bats in the warehouse) and some of the best Batman we've seen in any of the films. Sad, we never got that solo Batfleck film.

Last edited by hinch - on 04 April 2022

Finally being able to re-watch F/SN: Heaven's Feel III, on my own screen (opposed to the badly deteriorated movie screen from a couple years ago). The Saber vs. Rider+Emiya fight is the greatest piece of animation put to film. Overall great conclusion to a great trilogy with no obvious flaws.

If you want to watch these movies but don't know the series, at least start with Unlimited Blade Works (TV series).

Absolutely bonkers action dramedy. Whatever you think is coming, you're in for a surprise. Good action, lots of emotion, and heaps of absurdist humor. This one is already a shoo-in for awards season in my book and one of the most original and memorable films of the year. Definitely give it a chance.

Spoiler!
Could have used fewer hot dog fingers and more Raccacoonie, though.

Trying to finish Breaking Bad currently ( I know, I am a late boomer). In regards to something else I will be watching soon enough, well, just look at my avatar!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I've seen YouTube essays and docs about the Theranos/Holmes story but it was even more fascinating in miniseries form. Seyfried gives a great performance as one of the latest megalomaniac CEO's to crash and burn. The most remarkable part of the tale (and Holmes' true talent) was her ability to manipulate and string people along to keep the con going for so long. I hope she spends many years in prison and doesn't return to a cushy life afterward, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.