By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
BasilZero said:

I finished Log Horizon Season 1

Started watching Season 2

Its slow...not as enjoyable as Sword Art Online but its okay

Also watched X-Men origins Wolverine via Disney Plus....gonna watch The Wolverine (which I never watched) via HBO Max lol.

The Wolverine is way better than X-Men Origins imo.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 06 February 2022

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
BasilZero said:

I finished Log Horizon Season 1

Started watching Season 2

Its slow...not as enjoyable as Sword Art Online but its okay

Also watched X-Men origins Wolverine via Disney Plus....gonna watch The Wolverine (which I never watched) via HBO Max lol.

The Wolverine is way better than X-Men Origins imo.

Now, keep in mind I have a really strange taste in films.
To me they're different types of films. Origins is more of an action flick along the lines of Commando - love it or hate it, you gotta admit Sabretooth was badass. The Wolverine is bit more modern feeling action. I like both. Although, Logan's my favourite up until the end... I really don't like it when films so obviously try to extract sadness from the viewer. I love the beginning of the film, though. And I thought the Professor X demise was great, I was genuinely sad about that - but Wolverine/Logan's death was so forced and over the top Titanic was blushing. The rest of the film was crazy good, one of the best 3/4ths of a super hero film IMO.

X-Men First Class is also really great (IMO). I'm not too big of a fan of the other X-Men films though, they're films I wanna like a lot better than I do, especially because I like a lot of the actors in them.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Watched Reacher season 1, which was a positive surprise as I had low expectations.

Currently watching the Alien movies on Disney + and Fringe on HBO Max.

Mummelmann said:

Watched Reacher season 1, which was a positive surprise as I had low expectations.

Oh wow I didn't realize they dropped all the episodes at once. I'll have to watch em soon. Looks very faithful to the books.

TallSilhouette said:
Mummelmann said:

Oh wow I didn't realize they dropped all the episodes at once. I'll have to watch em soon. Looks very faithful to the books.

Haven't read any of the books, but judging by the reactions of the ones who did, they did indeed respect the source material. And that's something of a rarity these days! It combines more modern crime noir with 90's era action in some spots, and it actually works due to the chemistry between the actors. The plot is decent as well.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

Just watched Alien Resurrection for the first time and I was definitely not ready for this. Gonna go down as one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I had yet to watch a movie from this series that I disliked but this went way beyond the worst expectations I could have.

I don't think it's anywhere close to as bad as you do. I think it's ok.

Have you seen Prometheus and Covenant. I really like Covenant, mainly because of the gore. The first two are by far the best imo.

Kakadu18 said:
mZuzek said:

Just watched Alien Resurrection for the first time and I was definitely not ready for this. Gonna go down as one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I had yet to watch a movie from this series that I disliked but this went way beyond the worst expectations I could have.

I don't think it's anywhere close to as bad as you do. I think it's ok.

Have you seen Prometheus and Covenant. I really like Covenant, mainly because of the gore. The first two are by far the best imo.

All Alien movies post 3 are quite bad imo. And the prequels were some awful tripe. From the story to the shoddy to badly written characters (I mean how dumb can aspiring colonist/scientist be when in space?) and acting. The only good things about them were the cinematography and musical score.

My wife got a bunch of free codes for all the Ghostbusters movies from a friend. It took a while to figure out where to redeem them, apparently here https://redeem.sonypictures.com/ That popped up a choice where to add the movie, not really a choice, one option Google Play (never used that before)

It worked then the question was how to get it on the tv. Turns out our TV has Google Play, which somehow was already linked to my Google account, so the movies showed up straight away, click on it and play. Things never go that easy??? What is happening lol.

Anyway we watched Afterlife first. Not a bad movie, cross between Stranger things and Tremors with that Ghostbuster nostalgia mixed in. Lot of nonsense, yet pretty nonsense, good sound and nice to see the old gang again.

Some of the new DC heroes are looking dope. Particularly enjoyed the glimpse of Doctor Fate.

Hope the DCEU is turning over a new wing. The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker were a nice start.

Reacher: Jack's been done some justice. Excellent casting, mostly faithful to the books, and I really appreciated little details like Reacher having consistent cuts and tatters throughout the season. That said, the directing needs improvement and the action started good but steadily went downhill into an underwhelming climax. I didn't care for the flashback segments at all, either. Still, I'm fairly satisfied and looking forward to next season.

Ryuu96 said:

Been wondering if there's any way we could do a sorta of roundup of what shows everyone watches, I would like to see some shows have their own OT but it's not really worth the effort if there's only going to be 1-2 posters and I like putting effort into my threads, I suppose I could just do basic stuff so it's no sweat off my back if they die instantly, Lol.

Don't know if we have the numbers in this subforum, but the most popular movies and shows tend to get their own threads.

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 12 February 2022