By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I started watching Hawkeye on Disney Plus with my wife.

So far watched 2 eps and gotta say its really enjoyable.

We're both loving it far more than Loki which was the last show we watched.

I get the same feel to it as Falcon and Winter soldier which we both enjoyed as well.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network

Got around to watching Pirates of the Caribbean: the Curse of the Black Pearl again, in 4K this time (ironically for the first time). No matter how many times I've seen it, it never gets old, and watching it in stunning 4K was a welcome addition to a classic film that was far better than it had any right to be. Who would've thought a movie based off of a Disney theme park ride would be such a heralded classic? They hit everything out of the park here, the set pieces, the humor, the characters, the pacing, etc. with an iconic score to boot, and who can forget Johnny Depp cementing the role of Jack Sparrow with a once-in-a-lifetime performance?

I must've seen it over a dozen times on DVD and I gladly pre-ordered the 4K (yes, I made the jump to 4K Blu-Ray), which came in the mail yesterday.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 04 January 2022

Finished watching Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel Trilogy - I liked it.

Also finished "The Faraway Paladin"

Started on the 2nd season of a a chinese animation called Bai Yao Pu - I enjoyed it last year when I watched the first season.

So far 3 eps in and loving it as much as the first season.

Basil's YouTube Channel

The Witcher Season 2

Much better than Season 1 in my opinion, thanks to doing away with the pointless non-linear format and making Yenn less of a bitch. A bit inconsistent, but enjoyable in a pulpy, leave your brain at the door kind of way.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Behind on my TV Shows by 252 episodes, Lol.

I'll start chipping away at it tomorrow, I did recently watch What If...? Which I didn't think was that great, it was fine but eh, I grew sick of every single moment being a joke, I know that's Marvel but it felt like literally everything in What If...? was a time for a joke and half of them didn't land for me, I don't mind the comedy usually, it's just too much here and trying too hard.

Also watched Midnight Mass which is another great Mike Flanagan show, it's less horror than Bly Manor and Hill House, so I do think I prefer those two more but it wasn't meant to be a horror show like those two, it's very different so making a comparison is bit unfair, it has a lot of talking, Lol. The actor who played the Priest was brilliant and definitely deserves some awards and oh man, that episode...

Looking forward to The Midnight Club and The Fall of the House of Usher from Mike too, Netflix is using him well.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 06 January 2022

Around the Network

The Blacklist

Just started this one and liking it a lot so far. James Spader is hugely entertaining as the antihero and elevates the show above your standard police drama fare.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I finished watching "Bai Yao Pu 2nd Season" which I mentioned in my previous post

It was a good chinese animation

I finished watching "The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat"

It was okay

Also watched From Up on Poppy Hill with my wife - getting her into more anime now (but she'll only watch it as long as there's romance/slice of life themes or if its a Studio Ghibli film such as this lol

This was actually one of the best anime I've seen - Studio Ghibli makes the best animation stories.

Also finished watching Hawkeye on Disney Plus

Also started on "Odd Taxi" and "Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2".

Anime wise this is what I am watching

Basil's YouTube Channel

Just saw the Jujutsu Kaisen movie with my wife at our local IMAX a few days ago. Pretty good action and sound.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Dexter New Blood. Decent season and brings back the feel of the old series (especially in the latter episodes), sadly let down by yet again another horrible, rushed and abrupt ending. 7/10 overall.

So The Godfather is coming up on its 50th anniversary. Definitely a good excuse to rewatch it. Here's Ghana's poster for the film.

A classic in its own right. Clearly they knew the value of the chonk.