By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloomberg- Dragon Age 4 no longer GaaS, now singleplayer only

Wait... am I supposed to clap... ?

Around the Network

Yeah... this sounds more and more like the late save they tried with Anthem. Honestly, I doubt that Bioware has the talent under their wings to pull off a truly great game ever again. I am more than happy to eat crow sometimes in the future if my prediction turns out incorrect, but at this point on I doubt it.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Dulfite said:

Wait... am I supposed to clap... ?

At EA? Rare, but kind of sounds like it wouldn't be completely unwarranted. Granted, the fact that GaaS was ever a possibility for something like Dragon Age is blasphemous, so we should really be looking to stop hating instead of starting to clap.

Wasted a nice chunk of money and dev time. At least the game will be running on a newer engine build.

4 ≈ One

The title is a little misleading.

Dragon Age isn't being cancelled, it's being reworked.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Thank fuck

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Will wonders never cease. EA might actually be learning that trying to shoehorn GaaS crap into every game isn't the best idea.

Title did have me going at first. Good to hear, though this constant shuffling and redirecting reeks of mismanagement and doesn't inspire much confidence even without the GaaS BS.

Maybe there's hope for this title yet, Bioware is hanging by a thin, thin thread as is.

Anthem's failure might have scared EA enough to thinks twice about it and go back to its original plan. After all, EA also needs that Bioware makes a good game so they can keep using the name of the studio as a seal of quality for other projects.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.