By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloomberg- Dragon Age 4 no longer GaaS, now singleplayer only

Pemalite said:

The title is a little misleading.

Dragon Age isn't being cancelled, it's being reworked.

I think you misread the title. I said that they are cancelling plans to make it a GaaS game, not the game itself.

Around the Network

Will wonders never cease. EA might actually be learning that trying to shoehorn GaaS crap into every game isn't the best idea.

Title did have me going at first. Good to hear, though this constant shuffling and redirecting reeks of mismanagement and doesn't inspire much confidence even without the GaaS BS.

Maybe there's hope for this title yet, Bioware is hanging by a thin, thin thread as is.

Anthem's failure might have scared EA enough to thinks twice about it and go back to its original plan. After all, EA also needs that Bioware makes a good game so they can keep using the name of the studio as a seal of quality for other projects.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

6 years or more to go around is a big circle and restart development twice. Good Job EA. Well done.

Hmm, pie.

So they are actually gonna try to make a good game, how quaint

Unbelievable level of mismanagement from EA.

It's been 7 years since Bioware released a decent game. They've had 3 games cancelled, and the fiasco of both Mass Effect: Andromeda and Anthem.

EA: "Multiplayer and online games are dead. Single Player is the new hot now"

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1