By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Biggest issue with Nintendo when they are successful is that they become too greedy

Metallox said:
Vodacixi said:

You don't need to type anything. I dislike pizza with all my heart (no joking) xD

Pizza with pineapple is horrible, but pizza in general? Man, you're missing out... 

Don't worry, I'm good. I'm more of a burger kind of guy ^^

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
Vodacixi said:

You don't need to type anything. I dislike pizza with all my heart (no joking) xD

No if you type Pizza bad you will see a gif of a pineapple.

Joke's on you:

I need to rewatch Breaking Bad... 

Vodacixi said:
Metallox said:

Pizza with pineapple is horrible, but pizza in general? Man, you're missing out... 

You're pardoned. A good burger with a milkshake is the ultimate calorie bomb, but tasty as hell. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Vodacixi said:
mjk45 said:

Joke's on you:

I need to rewatch Breaking Bad... 

Those Pizza's were fine didn't see pineapple on any of them.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Vodacixi said:
mZuzek said:

Dude.

If I type "Pizza bad" on Google I'm gonna see the same thing.

Are you from planet Earth? I have never EVER heard anyone say this.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Vodacixi said:

Are you from planet Earth? I have never EVER heard anyone say this.

You should have foreseen the correlation between Nintendo's pricing and Pizzas, after all do we know if Nintendo are selling Good Pizza better Pizza  Switch at full price. if you did VGChartz experience should have made it clear we would see outlandish statements opposing the norm, and possibly upsetting the balance of life on earth.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 19 February 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I should be furious that Miitopia is getting a port on Switch instead of Xenoblade X but Switch has given me a lot of great experiences. I will only be mad if Bayo 3 is canned.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Jumpin said:

In all seriousness this has little to do with greed or laziness. Commodified luxuries aren’t priced based on some intrinsic value, but rather (in the most basic form) on a demand based calculation derived by estimates on which (volume + price) = highest profits. If, hypothetically, Nintendo estimates they’ll sell 1.3 million units at 30 USD, but then 1.25 million at 60 USD, but only 400K at 70 USD, you can call it lazy or greedy from the top of the your pulpit all day and night, it won’t make it true nor change the fact that any other price point than ~60 USD would be foolish.

In that case Nintendo's estimation is way off. Skyward Sword HD would sell twice as many copies at $30 as it would at $60. And when you price something so high that it doesn't sell all that well, we call that greed.

OlfinBedwere said:
Dulfite said:

I think Windwaker HD had a LOT more work involved than Skyward Sword. The leap in visuals is stunning for WW to WWHD. Skyward Sword barely looks better. I'm sure they spent a lot more money on WWHD port.

Looking at footage of the GameCube version of Wind Waker upscaled to HD resolution via emulation, it looks like most of the assets in the HD version are pretty much the same as the original; they just redid the game's lighting and added in a few new effects. Granted, that probably is more effort than they put into Twilight Princess HD or Skyward Sword HD, but I think Wind Waker HD's upgrades are more along the lines of a small number of changes that combine with the game's existing art style to produce really nice results in HD.

Windwaker HD added in a lot of QoL additions too though.

mjk45 said:
Vodacixi said:

Ka-pi96 said:
Vodacixi said:

Firstly, Metallox is a liar. If you'd ever tried pizza with pineapple you'd probably adore pizza.

Secondly, burgers are better with pineapple too, so you should buy a pineapple either way!

Hitler used to put pineapple on his pizza and look at what happened to him in the afterlife!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

haxxiy said:
Chrkeller said:

What did Square charge for FFX HD and FFXII HD? Pretty much the same thing as SS HD. And X/XII were ported not once, but twice with the ps3 and ps4.

FFX HD was $39.99 for both the PS3 and Vita, and you got not only FFX but FFX-2 too, with updated textures, cutscenes, rearranged soundtrack, a new audio drama, etc.

So yeah, that was some pretty good value.

FFXII The Zodiac Age released in 2016 only, so there was no PS3 version. It launched for $49.99, being the international edition which never released out of Japan with a rearranged soundtrack, updated assets, etc. too.

So yeah, hardly comparable at all my dude. In fact, you just proved the opposite of what you set out to accomplish unless SS HD has all of these features I mentioned and it's releasing for a similar price, which I'm almost sure it isn't.

Not to mention Ninty games never have price cuts these days, unlike the aforementioned titles...

Well now you are just being unreasonable and intentionally seeking value in Square and not Nintendo.

FFX HD and FFXII are pretty much straight ports (played and beat the originals and ports), with a few minor additions.  Skyward Sword has an all new control scheme, I have also heard rumors it will be 60 fps, but far too early to consider that true.  

But more importantly is your sugar coating of Square's greed.  FFX HD was ported to the ps3....  re-ported to the ps4....  re-re-ported to Switch (and yes, for $50).  

FFXII was ported to the ps4, re-ported to the Switch (and yes, for $50).

I just don't understand how Nintendo gets bashed for a HD port, but Square is praised for a HD port of a port of a port.  Speaking of which, I'm going to laugh when FFX 4k ps5 version is ported.  

As for Nintendo games holding value, they do.  Which is why I day 1 purchase Switch games, but wait 6 months on Sony games.  I can get Sony games for $20 6 months later.  Nintendo games stay full price for a long time. 

Nintendo games hold value, Sony games drop like a rock.  This point, we agree.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 20 February 2021