By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Biggest issue with Nintendo when they are successful is that they become too greedy

Vodacixi said:
haxxiy said:

with three full games that are all better than SS

That's highly debatable. As for the rest of your post... totally right.

I mean, of course, opinions will vary. But type "skyward sword bad" on Google and see the magic happen. It didn't sell that well and is definitely held as the worst mainline Zelda game except perhaps for Zelda 2.

Around the Network

I won't be buying this but their decision is based on the low sales of the game as there will be a lot of new Zelda buyers after the amount of sales BOTW sold so any company would do what they are doing. It is the smart thing to do as a business

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

That's the value Nintendo believes this game has in 2021. If you disagree, that's fine, let's what the market thinks as a whole and I am sure Nintendo will respond accordingly. I personal think the price is reasonable.

Skyward Sword is a bad game. Phantom Hourglass is a bad game. Spirit Tracks is a bad game. TP is a mediocre game. Not every Zelda is good and that's ok. If you like these games. That's ok. If you don't want to spend $60 on SS and like it or dislike it. That's ok. This is not a new issue. Nintendo was charging $25 for NES games ported to GBA. $25 for one NES game with no improvements. Nintendo's been doing this for a couple of decades now. Little late to be upset now. Stop buying it in droves if you want Nintendo to stop charging full price for old games.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

haxxiy said:
Vodacixi said:

That's highly debatable. As for the rest of your post... totally right.

I mean, of course, opinions will vary. But type "skyward sword bad" on Google and see the magic happen. It didn't sell that well and is definitely held as the worst mainline Zelda game except perhaps for Zelda 2.

Underappreciated =/= bad.  SS is actually on my top 5 Zelda games, and I have played them all multiple times.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Skyward Sword for Switch will be the first Zelda game to score lower than 80 in Metacritic. The Tri Force Heroes thingy doesn't count. Yes, I know it doesn't matter.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Hiku said:

8 years later, I'm still salty about this one:

Not sure if they think sales will be relatively low or high for Skyward, but if you think $60 is unreasonable, since it's an old game, hopefully you can wait for a price drop.

You haven't taken into account the average life expectancy of today's gamers, Nintendo bases its decisions on the length of time before a price cut on the fact they think were immortal.  they base this off their full price games seemingly selling forever.

Sony on the other hand thinks we are rockstars who will be dead by 27 so even their best sellers get discounted I call it the discount of death.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 19 February 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mZuzek said:
haxxiy said:

I mean, of course, opinions will vary. But type "skyward sword bad" on Google and see the magic happen.

Dude.

If I type "Pizza bad" on Google I'm gonna see the same thing.

You don't need to type anything. I dislike pizza with all my heart (no joking) xD

Vodacixi said:
mZuzek said:

Dude.

You don't need to type anything. I dislike pizza with all my heart (no joking) xD

No if you type Pizza bad you will see a gif of a pineapple.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Vodacixi said:
mZuzek said:

Dude.

Pizza with pineapple is horrible, but pizza in general? Man, you're missing out... 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.