By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Biggest issue with Nintendo when they are successful is that they become too greedy

RolStoppable said:
mjk45 said:

I take great heart that someone here can make a concise statement that rebutts all arguments no matter the viewpoint, well done.

This is all I can do when there's no coherent argument to address.

I agree, but using coherency as a benchmark, I'm also surprised you haven't used it in 90% of threads.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 18 February 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
Conina said:
Matsku said:

$60 for a AAA game remaster is the industry standard.

Is it? In most cases, $60 or less for a collection of AAA game remasters is the industry standard, not for a single game:

Halo Master Chief Collection, Nathan Drake Collection, Bioshock Collection, Mass Effect Collection, Borderlands Collection, Kingdom Hearts Collection, ...

The last of us remastered was $60 for example. Demon's souls were $70 and I'd say that's more of a remaster than a remake and even if it was a Remake $70 is as ripoffy as skyward sword is seeming. God of war 3 remastered was $60. I think Ctr Nitro fueled was $60 when it first launched. Even if it wasn't it would have been without Microtransactions.

About greed: Ninty is as greedy as its competitors, but owning franchises that dominate its platforms a lot more than competitors can on theirs, its greed can be perceived more heavily. To this we must add that Ninty is a control freak on its franchises and on its gamers too, as much as MS is or tries to be not on gamers, but on Windows and Office users.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Matsku said:
Conina said:

Is it? In most cases, $60 or less for a collection of AAA game remasters is the industry standard, not for a single game:

Halo Master Chief Collection, Nathan Drake Collection, Bioshock Collection, Mass Effect Collection, Borderlands Collection, Kingdom Hearts Collection, ...

The last of us remastered was $60 for example. Demon's souls were $70 and I'd say that's more of a remaster than a remake and even if it was a Remake $70 is as ripoffy as skyward sword is seeming. God of war 3 remastered was $60. I think Ctr Nitro fueled was $60 when it first launched. Even if it wasn't it would have been without Microtransactions.

No, TLoU Remastered was $50 (they lowered the announced $60 price a month before release). And it was a remaster of a 13 months old game including a 5 months old huge expansion: https://www.mcvuk.com/business-news/publishing/sony-lowers-the-last-of-us-remastered-price-refunds-difference-to-pre-orders/

Skyward Sword HD is a remaster of a 115 months old game with a resolution bump and fps bump.

Your assessment of Demon Souls 2020 as a mere remaster is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

God of War 3 Remastered was $40 and even with that price they got a little shitstorm: https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/03/god_of_war_iii_remastereds_ps4_price_may_make_olympus_mad

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled was also $40 and had a huge graphic update: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12/07/crash-team-racing-remaster-announced-release-date-revealed

What did Square charge for FFX HD and FFXII HD? Pretty much the same thing as SS HD. And X/XII were ported not once, but twice with the ps3 and ps4.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

What did Square charge for FFX HD and FFXII HD? Pretty much the same thing as SS HD. And X/XII were ported not once, but twice with the ps3 and ps4.

FFX HD was $39.99 for both the PS3 and Vita, and you got not only FFX but FFX-2 too, with updated textures, cutscenes, rearranged soundtrack, a new audio drama, etc.

So yeah, that was some pretty good value.

FFXII The Zodiac Age released in 2016 only, so there was no PS3 version. It launched for $49.99, being the international edition which never released out of Japan with a rearranged soundtrack, updated assets, etc. too.

So yeah, hardly comparable at all my dude. In fact, you just proved the opposite of what you set out to accomplish unless SS HD has all of these features I mentioned and it's releasing for a similar price, which I'm almost sure it isn't.

Not to mention Ninty games never have price cuts these days, unlike the aforementioned titles...

Chrkeller said:

I hate to be that guy, because I have nothing against SS HD being 60 dollars... but FFX HD had a lot more going on than SS HD, at least as far as we know today. FFX HD included two full games, bumped the resolution to 1080p, had reworked facial models and new textures, it had a remastered soundtrack and it also recieved a bunch of small fixes, changes and general improvements. As far as we know, Skyward Sword HD is a single game, increases the resolution to something between 720p and 1080p, doubles the framerate and adds traditional controls. No new textures, no new soundtrack, no new nothing. Maybe in a few months they will reveal more details about SS HD, but as for right now, it's not even close. And the same goes for FFXII: The Zodiac Age (except for it being a single game).

Another thing to consider: ME Legendary Edition will release in a few months with three full games that are all better than SS, with all of their DLCs, and more upgrades, for the same price tag. And that's from EA...

haxxiy said:

with three full games that are all better than SS

That's highly debatable. As for the rest of your post... totally right.

I don't have problems with ports of great games. They aren't making these ports instead of making a new great game. Its done to fill the gaps in the release schedule. Skyward Sword HD is something i want to buy. HD and 60 fps is going to make that game a blast to play again as it enhances the visuals and it also enhances the motion controls due to a stable 60 fps.