By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Biggest issue with Nintendo when they are successful is that they become too greedy

I don't know if Nintendo is struggling too hard with COVID but they are becoming too greedy and lazy.

The game that made me create this topic is Skyward Sword HD.

While Ive been wanting a remake/remaster for a while now, never would I have imagined that it would be a straight port with just a resolution upgrade and an extra control option? Nintendo seemingly assumes that's enough to warrant a $60 price tag. $10.00 more than the Wii version at time of release.

When Nintendos backs were against the wall they put in real effort on the Wii U and 3DS remakes/remasters. But doesnt seem to be the case for this one

At least for the other ports/remasters/remakes they put in some decent effort or included all DLC in the package.

MK8D? All DLC plus battle mode.

NSMBU? All DLC

Pikmin 3? All DLC

Super Mario 3D World? Bowsers Fury addition as it had no DLC

Links Awakening was a full blown remake of a GameBoy game.

3D All stars seemed to not warrant the $60.00 price tag but at least that was 3 games.

Skyward Sword doesnt seem like any different of a game. I may pass and wait to get this on sale during the holidays (like Links Awakening) or try to get used. Sad fact is most people will buy this at full price and I cant blame them as they wont have any other way of playing the game.

It'll just make Nintendo feel they made the right business decision to price at $60 without any real effort.

Lastly, maybe Nintendo will prove me wrong and announce extra content for the game before release.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

They are a company, by definition Nintendo is greedy whether they succeed or not

But yeah, this port of Skyward Sword is very lame. Hope people to just skip it so they maybe release something better next time 

Maybe if millions of people didnt buy the ports, they would change their ways. The biggest problem with the Mario 3D Collection for people seems to be that they cant buy it for 60 bucks after March 31st...

KLXVER said:

Maybe if millions of people didnt buy the ports, they would change their ways. The biggest problem with the Mario 3D Collection for people seems to be that they cant buy it for 60 bucks after March 31st...

The problem with Nintendo consoles userbase is they prefer pay 60 USD for games they have already bought 5 times than pay 60 USD in a game from a new franchise like Arms or Astral Chain. 

I know game industry relies a lot in familiarity and big and famous IPs, but on Nintendo systems this is in a whole other level

I'm not saying a game like Arms is better than Mario Galaxy, but we can't expect a new IP to be perfect on its first game and of we don't support those new IPs then we are saying that's not reason to release new IPs, they'd better release safe ports again and again. Low cost, maximum profit 

IcaroRibeiro said:
KLXVER said:

The problem with Nintendo consoles userbase is they prefer pay 60 USD for games they have already bought 5 times than pay 60 USD in a game from a new franchise like Arms or Astral Chain. 

I know game industry relies a lot in familiarity and big and famous IPs, but on Nintendo systems this is in a whole other level

I'm not saying a game like Arms is better than Mario Galaxy, but we can't expect a new IP to be perfect on its first game and of we don't support those new IPs then we are saying that's not reason to release new IPs, they'd better release safe ports again and again. Low cost, maximum profit 

Well I support the games that interest me. 1st, 2nd or 3rd party doesnt matter to me. I bought Astral Chain because it looked awesome and I didnt buy Arms because it looked like shit.

Last edited by KLXVER - on 17 February 2021

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Well I support the games that interest me. 1st, 2nd or 3rd party doesnt matter to me. I bought Astral Chain because it looked awesome and I didnt buy Arms because it looked like shit.

Not saying that you are particularly wrong, however it's hard to criticize Nintendo's decision for selling high priced used pants for customers who enjoy buying high priced used pants 

If owners buy this lame port, then it means Nintendo is just giving what Switch owners wants 

IcaroRibeiro said:
KLXVER said:

Not saying that you are particularly wrong, however it's hard to criticize Nintendo's decision for selling high priced used pants for customers who enjoy buying high priced used pants 

If owners buy this lame port, then it means Nintendo is just giving what Switch owners wants 

Then why did you reply to me? That was my exact point.lol

KLXVER said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

But I wasn't disagreeing with you when I first quoted you 

IcaroRibeiro said:
KLXVER said:

You could say that about any company that makes a greedy move. It's okay for EA to put loads of microtransactions and lootboxes because people spend tons of money on them. Clearly they're giving people what they want.

IcaroRibeiro said:
KLXVER said:

But I wasn't disagreeing with you when I first quoted you 

Oh, fair enough then. I think it has been better with the Switch though. I think Switch owners are more open to new games than ever before. I mean the Indie scene is thriving on it and bigger third parties at least makes a profit.