By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Gina Carano - Disney fired her, what does that solve?

1. People are hated for their political ideology. 

2. Making fun of masks is ok. 

3. Verification against voter fraud is a good thing. 

4. No one has to put pronouns in their bio. 

5. Jeff Epstein didn't kill himself.

This what the actress portraying Cara Dune has been expressing on social media and it let to her being fired from Disney. 

https://www.newsweek.com/what-gina-carano-said-about-holocaust-mandalorian-fired-1568539?fbclid=IwAR2Q6XfyYLnsiRZBZ2ZMJO_NlX6sYYzkNOzFjz5fscqeeDOJFsdU2_JZ9i4

Personally, I don’t care which corrupt Federalist Party is in the White House. Why can’t people believe what the want to believe and say what they want to say? 

Around the Network

Don't feel like arguing about the details of her posts atm, but I find it telling that her first project after this kerfuffle is with The Daily Fucking Wire.

Looooool. I just read what she said and holy shit if that isn't the biggest irony coming from a Trump supporter.

"Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors... even by children... Because history is edited, most people today don't realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?"

She talks about people being brainwashed by political leaders. Prime r/selfawarewolves material.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

snyps said:

Personally, I don’t care which corrupt Federalist Party is in the White House. Why can’t people believe what the want to believe and say what they want to say? 

Because absolute freedom is a myth and actions have consequences. I mean the whole problem is that things never stop at just "believing". People with extremist views aren't berated for their beliefs, they are berated for what actions arise from that belief. For example dead cops in the Capitol or 500000 preventable deaths from a virus.

Your idealist libertarian views will not hold up in reality, believe me, I was once that stupid. The sooner you lose those views the better for yourself and everyone else.

Last edited by vivster - on 13 February 2021

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Hiku said:

1. There's a difference between spreadng dangerous misinformation, and political ideology.

2. Wear your mask.

3. Suggesting that there was wide spread fraud when 0 evidence was presented in court, and when Trump's lawyers never even alledged fraud in court (because it's illegal to lie in court) is what lead to this:

And jews were put in concentration camps and massacred. So that's a stupid comparison to make.

snyps said:

First of all, you can. That doesn't mean that I have to accomodate you in my busuiness, or give you a microphone on my platform.

Secondly, some misinformation is dangerous and harmful.
If you tell people that vanilla ice cream tastes like pineapple, no harm.
If you tell people to not wear masks, or that the virus is a hoax, etc, more people will die.

Yeah, but this is how it begins. People are othered, canceled, fired and deplatformed for their political views. They can be effectively unpersoned with impunity. One side of the political game becomes dominant, silencing any dissent over the most trivial things. This was the point of Gina's last post, and her enemies proved they are doing the very thing she was warning against. Because that's what this is, just a witch hunt to take down anyone who thinks differently. Gina's last post was willfully misunderstood so as to finally have the excuse to silence her, everyone knows what her point really was. There's an iron triangle of democrats, mainstream media and the tech companies who run social media platforms and between all of those, it's becoming very difficult to voice anything that does not parrot their talking points perfectly. There's no middle ground, no debate, it's just two tribes. These leftist people are also taking over education, warping science to fit their agenda, rewriting history and advocating for book burnings. It's very ironic that the people who call their opponents nazis the most, are actually manifesting very nazi-like behavior themselves.

This might seem hyperbolic to you, but read up on what happened in Germany during the nazi rising, even ordinary people started to act just like this against the jews, only difference is they didn't have social media back then.

Be worried. Be very worried.

Around the Network

I don't see the problem.

She made some comments, no one is locking her up for that = free speech.

People are criticizing her for that = free speech.

Disney doesn't like angry fans and Carano's views are incompatible with Disney's so they fired her after repeatingly making comments like that. (likely a breach of contract)

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequence. You are totally free to got to your boss and tell him that he has a stupid face and smells like cheese, but because you CAN do that doesn't mean he won't fire you.

If you go spreading dangerous misinformation, making poorly taste holocaust comparisons and go making controversies pretty much daily on the internet, is it surprising that the huge and strict family corporation you work with that cares more about public image than their own lives would fire you?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

She wasn't fired for any of the reasons in the original post, she was fired for making a holocaust analogy whilst being a public figure representing Disney.
In short: she got fired for violating blatantly the conduct terms with her employer. This is fairly standard.

I understand Conservatives have trouble understanding the basics of a free capitalist society, which makes it ironic that they'll screech at the top of their lungs about their support for the most extreme versions of it. But in short, if you're an employee for a company, you have to adhere to their code of conduct, and whether that means wearing a certain uniform or simply not invoking the holocaust and Nazis to give weight to some political agenda you feel the need to push, you have to follow it. When you're a public figure, that means any public statements you make must adhere to the contractual agreement, otherwise they can legally fire you - and it's going to happen if you're stupid enough to push your luck like that having no union backing.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I wear a mask not because I'm scared of the virus but because I don't want to get a fine. 99,9% of deaths were over 65y old and had a comorbidity. In USA, there are a lot of people dying from that desease because USA is one the countries where there are the most obeses in the world. You want to save american citizens ? Close Mcdonald's and Burger King for good.
I'm not scared of that virus, I'm afraid of what will happen next : Recession. I wonder if the number of suicides will exceed the number of deaths from covid-19.
Maybe a world war 3. It will make us regret the good old time of the covid-19.

It's funny to see that that woman, Gina Carano, has been fired for some tweets while Disney defends Justina Ireland and Krystina Arielle who made far more offensive tweets.
And now the fans portrayed by Disney as horrible misogynists are defending Gina Carano.

PS: If a leftist has made the same statement, he would never been fired (it happen almost everyday). Invoking the holocaust is the preserve of leftists. Gina Carano should have known this. Maybe racism is not agains the contractual agreement and that's why Justina Ireland and Krystina Arielle are still working for Disney.

Last edited by Bejito1983 - on 13 February 2021

Just another victim of social media. Disney is not the bad guy here.