By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Gina Carano - Disney fired her, what does that solve?

Wasn't following this that closely, but was she seriously fired for this? Good lord, we are living some frightful times.

If I had to guess, Disney did that for the woke points. Since being extreme-left and doing things to that audience is the new hot thing to do now, (because normal people usually don't care about that stuff and keep it to themselves, while the others rage or cheer for the littlest of things), it is more profitable to cater to that audience, especially given that they are easily manipulated.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Why is it that conservatives think they are allowed to say whatever dipshit thing they want on social media and companies have to continue to employ them no matter how much it hurts their image? And that this is part of the first amendment? Or even more fun, that they're basically jews in the holocaust. I'm sorry but being an anti-mask, voter fraud conspiracist, transphobe who likens her political ideology getting ostracized on twitter to the holocaust just isn't someone Disney wants to be associated with.

Well one thing it solves is some of the horrific acting in Mandalorian. 

Also, she compared the hate she has been subjected to, which literally amounts to nothing more than some mean tweets, to Jews being beaten and killed by their own neighbors. She actually posted a picture of a woman running down a street half naked while kids beat her with rods and sticks because she was a Jew. Yeah, this is totally the same as XxKratos69_420xX sending you a mean message on Twitter. 

She deserved to be fired just for sheer stupidity.

I think her attitude has been poor. But I don't know what this solves. Disney really doesn't have a moral high ground at all, considering they're an international corporation that does tons of shady things.

I won't miss her, but the termination is not without issues. If anything, it emboldens her. She's continuing to act stupid, and that's just gonna increase now because she can pull the victim card.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

"Disney fired her, what does that solve?"

It solves the PR nightmare that she was causing. Low-effort, low-risk options like this will always be attractive to the so-called 'free market'. If you want businesses to put serious effort into finding solutions without terminating employment, stronger unions will be required.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Nautilus said:

Wasn't following this that closely, but was she seriously fired for this? Good lord, we are living some frightful times.

If I had to guess, Disney did that for the woke points. Since being extreme-left and doing things to that audience is the new hot thing to do now, (because normal people usually don't care about that stuff and keep it to themselves, while the others rage or cheer for the littlest of things), it is more profitable to cater to that audience, especially given that they are easily manipulated.

She was fired for holocaust comparison, which OP did not mention.

Not liking the comparison of jews being tortured and murdered because of how they were born to disliking someone for their 'political views' which they chose = 'extreme left'?

And yeah I'm sure they're more easily manipulate than the crowd that wore MAGA slogans all over their hats, shirts, bumper stickers, hashtags all over Twitter and FB, etc for 4 years, and then stormed the Capitol building after mere allegations and no evidence from a reality TV star.
I don't see the same endless sea of Joe Biden slogans everywhere after the election ended. Must be a coincidence.

I would have to see the actual quote and the context surrounding it to see if she had ill will, or if it was taken out of context(which is usually the case).

And yeah, they are just as easily manipulated as those idiots who stormed the capitol. The difference is that Joe Biden won the election, so the idiots from the other side didn't need to do what the other idiots did. Do I need to remind you of all the destruction and death that the terrorists movements Black Life Matters and Antifa did?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

I think it's become annoying that conservatives are spending their days whining about the hypocrisy on the left. Big fucking deal, there is hypocrisy everywhere. You want things to be handled differently? You think there is lack of balance? Simply start competing and make your own platforms where you can run things your way, play the game until you have enough power online instead of whining all day about the left. 

TallSilhouette said:

Don't feel like arguing about the details of her posts atm, but I find it telling that her first project after this kerfuffle is with The Daily Fucking Wire.

Telling in what way? 

It's actually a proactive approach to what they perceive as a problem, for once, they've done something other than whining like little children. 

Hiku said:
Nautilus said:

I would have to see the actual quote and the context surrounding it to see if she had ill will, or if it was taken out of context(which is usually the case).

And yeah, they are just as easily manipulated as those idiots who stormed the capitol. The difference is that Joe Biden won the election, so the idiots from the other side didn't need to do what the other idiots did. Do I need to remind you of all the destruction and death that the terrorists movements Black Life Matters and Antifa did?

What could have happened if those people who chanted "Hang Mike Pence" etc, actually got to the congressmen/congresswomen they were looking for is on a whole different level than anything that happened in any other riot.

A disaster would happen, that's for sure. I am not denying that.

But BLM and Antifa KILLED people, destroyed livelihoods. That actually did happen, in contrast with the invasion. Are you saying that the lives of normal people are worth less than the lives of congressmen? Because if that's what you are saying, then it is fucked up.

RolStoppable said:
Torillian said:

Why is it that conservatives think they are allowed to say whatever dipshit thing they want on social media and companies have to continue to employ them no matter how much it hurts their image? And that this is part of the first amendment? Or even more fun, that they're basically jews in the holocaust. I'm sorry but being an anti-mask, voter fraud conspiracist, transphobe who likens her political ideology getting ostracized on twitter to the holocaust just isn't someone Disney wants to be associated with.

Why do you call such people conservatives?

I assumed those particular viewpoints are mostly held by those who are socially conservative. There any reason to think differently?