By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January NPD 2021

Awesome time for the industry. Does feel like the console market is way more vibrant now

Around the Network

Still hoping for 30mil+ for the fiscal year

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Didn't expect to see Xbox Series fall so far behind on it's home turf. Can we put that entirely down to supply?

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

Didn't expect to see Xbox Series fall so far behind on it's home turf. Can we put that entirely down to supply?

Yes. Unless you have notifications on or get lucky you can't just go into a store and buy one. Same goes for the PS5. Also for the Switch but to a lesser extent. 

I'm guessing those are the best numbers we're gonna get at the moment. I'll update my charts soon. They'll be updated again if and when we get better numbers.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Around the Network

For me one of the big stories here is Mortal Kombat 11, a two year old game, at #14. That's some Nintendo-like legs.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

For me one of the big stories here is Mortal Kombat 11, a two year old game, at #14. That's some Nintendo-like legs.

@bold

Whoa now! Be careful there.

GProgrammer said:

Was is Spiderman so high? I didn't think it performed that well, maybe it did.
Also Cyberpunk sure dropped off very quick

Wasn't Cyberpunk pulled from the Sony store and shelves?

If you look at Steam's best selling games and Xbox Live's 50 most played games right now, Cyberpunk is doing very well on those two platforms all things considered.

----

Wii 2009 - 753,000

NDS 2010 - 613,200

753K > NSW FEB 2021 > 613K