By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January NPD 2021

With current information:

381K < NSW JAN 2021 < 466K​
217K < PS5 JAN 2021 < 424K​
PS5 JAN 2021 < NSW JAN 2021
XBS ???
Hope we get leaks soon on Era.  
VGC has 3 weeks recorded for Jan.
NSW - 267K
PS5 - 193K
So I think both are a little under-tracked even once the 4th week is added in (3wk avg would put them at 356K NSW and 257K PS5).
Last edited by mk7sx - on 12 February 2021

Around the Network

So that's what happens when you're both extremely popular and $499.



mk7sx said:

With current information:

381K < NSW JAN 2021 < 466K​
217K < PS5 JAN 2021 < 424K​
PS5 JAN 2021 < NSW JAN 2021
XBS ???
Hope we get leaks soon on Era.  
VGC has 3 weeks recorded for Jan.
NSW - 267K
PS5 - 193K
So I think both are a little under-tracked.

Agreed, even taking wii 2009 and the second best revenue record, both put the PS5 (even at 100% of the regular model) over 200k units



SilenceDeadly said:

As precited Ps5 will be breaking all records going forward as Stock stabilises.

Will be a rought few years for the Nintendo elitist on this site, 2nd in SW forever, soon enough 2nd in HW for a very long time.

2nd Place fits you well.

Enjoy it.

Getting points in the revenue category is hollow when inflation is a thing.

It's worth mentioning that since fiscal year ending March 2020 Sony has changed their reporting method for software shipments to include digital-only games.

It's doubtful that the PS5 can beat Switch in yearly hardware sales anytime soon.

Your recent thread about PS's alleged software domination showed how desperate you are. As did your comments in December when you were sure that VGC was undertracking the PS5, only for it to be confirmed later on that VGC's tracking was in the right ballpark.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

SilenceDeadly said:

As precited Ps5 will be breaking all records going forward as Stock stabilises.

Will be a rought few years for the Nintendo elitist on this site, 2nd in SW forever, soon enough 2nd in HW for a very long time.

2nd Place fits you well.

Enjoy it.

Why are you like this?



Around the Network
SilenceDeadly said:

As precited Ps5 will be breaking all records going forward as Stock stabilises.

Will be a rought few years for the Nintendo elitist on this site, 2nd in SW forever, soon enough 2nd in HW for a very long time.

2nd Place fits you well.

Enjoy it.

Cringe



Congrats to Switch again! RFA in top 10 is amazing to see. People staying fit and healthy!
And you love to see Just Dance beating Cyberpunk (which dropped massively)

And has TlOU2 (The game of the year in 2020) been charting at all? It's not even in the top 10 for Playstation.



Pocky Lover Boy! 

SilenceDeadly said:

As precited Ps5 will be breaking all records going forward as Stock stabilises.

Will be a rought few years for the Nintendo elitist on this site, 2nd in SW forever, soon enough 2nd in HW for a very long time.

2nd Place fits you well.

Enjoy it.

Can someone just banned this guy? What a nice comment to see on the 1st page for the NPD thread.......... 



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:

Congrats to Switch again! RFA in top 10 is amazing to see. People staying fit and healthy!
And you love to see Just Dance beating Cyberpunk (which dropped massively)

And has TlOU2 (The game of the year in 2020) been charting at all? It's not even in the top 10 for Playstation.

NPD's revenue chart (all platforms) for the past 12 months (February 2020 to January 2021) has TLoU Part II in 6th place, ahead of Ghost of Tsushima in 7th.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

So I assume the Switch in January 2020 probably sold around 270K since we know that in 2019 it sold 284K and Jan 2020 was down in the single digit percent from 2019.

Also it seems like the Switch sold between 381k<NSW<422K based off the fact that it had the best January since 2010 Wii. I'm going to assume it sold 400K in January 2021.

Assuming this, we could infer that the Switch is up around 45%YoY in January 2021, which is quite impressive. Obviously this was well before the Covid/AC boost so we have to see how it performs once March rolls around, but a 4 year old console being up 45%YoY is impressive no matter what way you look at it.

This prediction also goes along with Famistus sales where we've seen weeks approximately 40% up YoY and the down weeks we had had to do with calendar differences as well as stock issues where people in Japan scrambled for a Switch in 2020 before stock depleted. It seems like Nintendo is manufacturing just enough Switch's to be up approximately around 40-50% for January and February for all regions.