By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey cast as Joel and Ellie for TLOU HBO series

Bella Ramsey, best known for her role as Lyanna Mormont on Game of Thrones, has been cast as Ellie for HBO's The Last of Us series. Meanwhile, the same source says that recent rumors of Mahershala Ali being cast as Joel are false, source says that Ali had discussions to play the role but a deal ultimately wasn't reached. 

Edit: Pedro Pascal has been confirmed to be playing Joel

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/mandalorian-star-pedro-pascal-will-play-joel-in-hbo-e2-80-99s-the-last-of-us-tv-show/ar-BB1dAlBJ?ocid=uxbndlbing

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 11 February 2021

Around the Network

inb4 "But she doesn't look like her!"

Dye her hair brunette or moderately light brown and tie it in a ponytail... And yeah, I can kinda see it.

Mahershala Ali as Joel?... Wat?

KLAMarine said:

Mahershala Ali as Joel?... Wat?

I can't say I'm shocked that HBO was considering a black Joel after Netflix made Fringilla Vigo black in the Witcher series. Reportedly Netflix wanted to cast a black girl for Ciri at first, but changed their minds after massive backlash when the casting call looking for a black Ciri leaked online. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 10 February 2021

Around the Network

It's been confirmed Pedro pascal will be joel

Her roll on Game of thrones was small but she nailed it. I think she will do well.

Wait, Bella is almost 17 and a half already? Crazy, she looked like she was maybe 12 or 13 on the final season of Game of Thrones, and that only filmed 2 and a half years ago.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 11 February 2021

My top choice for Joel was always Joel Edgerton and still is really. But this is a hbo show, so it makes sense they go for ''TV'' actors. Pedro is solid, but I don't buy him as Joel. I don't remember the other girl at all from GOT.

Those look like good choices. I just hope this show is watchable in some way for me (legally I mean).