By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Jan 10-16 - PS5 Sales Near 5M, Switch Remains Best-Seller

Rob5VGC said:

PS4 is so close to beating Xbox One. It just needs to happen once. Come on Europe. You should be higher than that.

Thats a bit worrying. Everyone knew the xbox was never gona beat the ps5. But at least staying ahead of the ps4 is the most healthy scenario. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

Yeah these Xbox Series numbers are seriously concerning for a new console. Can supply issues be entirely to blame, or is demand just that low?

curl-6 said:

Yeah these Xbox Series numbers are seriously concerning for a new console. Can supply issues be entirely to blame, or is demand just that low?

Microsoft had ordered half as many wafers from TSMC as Sony AFAIK, so it makes sense for both consoles to be supply-constrained at about a 2:1 ratio.

PAOerfulone said:
Rob5VGC said:

PS4 is so close to beating Xbox One. It just needs to happen once. Come on Europe. You should be higher than that.

??? 
Don’t you mean beating the Xbox Series? 

lol My mind said Series X and I typed out One. Then since my brain thinks it said Series X, it didn't notice the mistake after I posted. It happens.

Last edited by Rob5VGC - on 30 January 2021

haxxiy said:
curl-6 said:

Microsoft had ordered half as many wafers from TSMC as Sony AFAIK, so it makes sense for both consoles to be supply-constrained at about a 2:1 ratio.

Did they order as much as they could though, or did they only order that much because demand was low, is what I meant. Like, if supply wasn't an issue, how much higher would it's sales be?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 30 January 2021

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
haxxiy said:

Did they order as much as they could though, or did they only order that much because demand was low, is what I meant. Like, if supply wasn't an issue, how much higher would it's sales be?

I think MS knew they wouldn't sell as much as the PS5 regardless of supply. They probably had entire market analysis departments to determine that kind of stuff.

how is the ps5 stil selling when no one has any in stock to begin with??

KratosLives said:

how is the ps5 stil selling when no one has any in stock to begin with??

Does the source of who said there was no stock checked every store that sells PS5 every week? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

trunkswd said:
haxxiy said:

I think MS knew they wouldn't sell as much as the PS5 regardless of supply. They probably had entire market analysis departments to determine that kind of stuff.

Microsoft has a chance to outsell the PS5 in the Americas, and maybe the UK now that they own Bethesda and have a much stronger first-party lineup. But that is most likely it. Worldwide I'd still give the edge to PS5. Instead of 120 million for PS4 compared to 50 million for Xbox One, I could see 100-110 million for PS5 and 70-80 million for Xbox Series X|S. 

I disagree. For the main reason is that the bethesda deal is something that mainly us forum dwellers are aware off. The majority of the market is oblivious of this acquisition. The ps5 will continue to outsell the x1 by a lot untill the games exclusive to xbox from Bethesda arrive. Thats the only way the main market will motice this change. And I don't see any game from bethesda coming exclusively untill 2022. And thats also not gona be all their big hitters but maybe just starfield. I would think most gamers probably will still wait for the other ones on ps5 not realizing that might not happen.

Also by the time any of that happens if the gap in the americas grows to large in favour of the ps5 I don't see any game changing that as the friends of friends snowball effect will keep it ahead.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

For those annoyed by the generation arguments and that just want to know how the consoles compare with each other over all time.