By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Jan 10-16 - PS5 Sales Near 5M, Switch Remains Best-Seller

Smaller gaps, that’s what I like to see

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

I wonder how many Stimmy checks are going towards purchasing consoles in the U.S. Though it seems like stock is still a problem for all 3

Amnesia said:
Signalstar said:

Update the chart on the front page. It should show Switch, PS5, Xbox Series

Last Gen should show Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, 3DS, Vita

Last Last Gen should show Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, DS, PSP

Next week PS5 5 million and PS4 115 million.

I disagree, Nintendo has not yet announced any 9th gen machine.

They cannot announce something that is already released, and set to easily pass 100 mil.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
Amnesia said:

They cannot announce something that is already released, and set to easily pass 100 mil.

switch is gen 8.5

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Shiken said:

switch is gen 8.5

.5 is always rounded up in math.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Sony and MS need to sort out supplies NOW. They are both wasting the launch hype effect on sales, and with NS so strong it's not a thing they can afford light-heartedly. OTOH NS so strong and latest gen struggling to take off could push 3rd party devs to keep non-AAA projects HW requirements low longer than initially planned. Add this to MS moves like Game Pass actually not favourable to AAA projects and almost equal treatment of PC and XB consoles not creating many incentives to choose the latter, and we have a situation in which both NS and PCs, even old and not recently upgraded ones, will thrive, PS5 will underperform, but it will gather the lion's share of power console gaming market, but with that segment underperforming overall, and XS will sink. AAA devs and publishers won't be happy at all.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

So this is basically Switch’s new baseline is it?

Amnesia said:
Signalstar said:

Update the chart on the front page. It should show Switch, PS5, Xbox Series

Last Gen should show Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, 3DS, Vita

Last Last Gen should show Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, DS, PSP

Next week PS5 5 million and PS4 115 million.

Neither my post nor the graph on the main page make any mention of numbered generations. So I have no idea why you brought it up or what problem you are trying to point out.

Regardless the graph needs to be updated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Sony and MS need to sort out supplies NOW. They are both wasting the launch hype effect on sales, and with NS so strong it's not a thing they can afford light-heartedly. OTOH NS so strong and latest gen struggling to take off could push 3rd party devs to keep non-AAA projects HW requirements low longer than initially planned. Add this to MS moves like Game Pass actually not favourable to AAA projects and almost equal treatment of PC and XB consoles not creating many incentives to choose the latter, and we have a situation in which both NS and PCs, even old and not recently upgraded ones, will thrive, PS5 will underperform, but it will gather the lion's share of power console gaming market, but with that segment underperforming overall, and XS will sink. AAA devs and publishers won't be happy at all.

Not much they can do about it.  Shortage of production parts expected to last through first half of the year.

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/447157/ps5-and-xbox-series-xs-supply-issues-expected-to-run-through-first-half-of-2021/

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Just replace 3ds and Vita with PS5 and Xbox Series in the graph.