By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 3, 2021 (Jan 11- Jan 17)

Tagged games:

y-koron said:
Mnementh said:

Question: I calculate that MonHun Rise will hit week 13, is that right? I wonder how it will stack up in Switch hardware sales against last years release of AC in week 12.

EDIT: And BTW, when is golden week this year?

Apr 29~May 5 (or May 9 for some people)

Thanks.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

That would be a hughe sign if Switch sales won't fall under 100k until 3D World arrives.

You can only assume how big the demand for Monster Hunter will be, if the Nintendo eshop already crashed after the release of the demo.

Wow! PS5 is dead... and i don't see this getting better unless there's more software announced which caters to Japanese players

Looks like Nintendo missed the memo that sales are supposed to go down after the holidays.

TruckOSaurus said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

He was correct - it's just a long climb, not a long fall...

At this rate, Switch will be at almost 1M for the year at the end of January already, which is absolutely bonkers.

Also Momotaro doesn't want to stop anytime soon. Still laughing about the predictions that the game will not get past 1M total due to first week sales.

PS5, on the other hand... I really hope it's just supply issues and not low demand, because with those sales numbers it's getting seriously trashed by the Wii U and the Vita in Japan of all things.

Yeah poor Rick was holding the chart upside down.

He read it too quick, Rick

It worked better in my head

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network

If Momotaro Dentetsu keeps Rank#1 in next week ranking, it breaks the record of continuous 1st place in the chart.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Wow another week up yoy for Switch

Momotaro increasing from last week and doing more than 100k, the game is a monster

Sword/Shield close to hitting 4 million physical sales.

Tragic PS5 sales as always.

Wow ... not only Switch keeps slaying the numbers YoY but Momotaro especially is making a statement towards the 3rd party Japanese industry as a whole by basically now outselling even some of the biggest 1st party software on the Switch (Like Mario and Zelda).

This is just plain insane and it'll prolly continue until the aligned week where Animal Crossing released.

Last edited by Mar1217 - on 21 January 2021

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

Wow ... not only Switch keeps slaying the numbers YoY but Momotaro especially is making a statement towards the 3rd party Japanese industry as a whole by basically now outselling even some of the biggest 1st party software on the Switch (Like Mario and Zelda).

This is just plain insane and it'll prolly continue until the release of Animal Crossing.

Animal Crossing?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Mar1217 said:

This is just plain insane and it'll prolly continue until the release of Animal Crossing.

Animal Crossing?

I meant the week in which Animal Crossing released last year.

It came out wrong xD

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909