By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What are the best Switch exclusives?

In addition to Mario Odyssey, (can't speak for Pokemon personally) Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Luigi's Mansion 3 are all exclusives worth getting.

Looking forwards, other upcoming ones that look promising include Monster Hunter Rise and No More Heroes 3.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
curl-6 said:

In addition to Mario Odyssey, (can't speak for Pokemon personally) Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Luigi's Mansion 3 are all exclusives worth getting.

Looking forwards, other upcoming ones that look promising include Monster Hunter Rise and No More Heroes 3.

Ah, I forgot about Hyrule Warriors. That looks good too. I saw Jim Sterling's video on it and I know I can trust a fellow musou fan!

How is Luigi's Mansion? Never played one of them before so don't really know anything about them.

Luigi's Mansion is good fun. It's sort of a leisurely paced faux-horror adventure game where you solve puzzles and fight cartoon ghosts. There's an emphasis on problem solving over fast-paced action and it's got a good amount of creativity in its gameplay concepts.

Astral Chain

Xenoblade DE

Xenoblade 2

Xenoblade Torna

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

I won't name the more obvious ones as everyone will name those.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

In addition to the ones already mentioned:

Smash Ultimate, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and Octopath Traveler.

Play Xenoblade Definitive Edition, and if you like it or love it Play the second one + Torna.
Zelda is pretty good too.

Around the Network

I enjoyed Octopath Traveler and Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity the most. Disgaea 6 will be a great addition as well, unless you want to play it in Japanese.

Astral Chain's got a quirky but lovable combat. I mighty revisit it someday. Fire Emblem Three Houses might be my personal recommendation, though, since it's the only Switch exclusive I adore to death and I have invested hundreds of hours in it. Don't expect too much from the narrative, but the characters are sufficiently fleshed out and their progression in-game is very addicting. Luigi's Mansion 3 is great, by the way, but it wasn't my jam.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Xenoblade 1 and 2. (Sci fi jrpgs, deep stories, amazing worlds and good characters.)

Animal Crossing (I think there are pandas in this game not sure though).

Fire Emblem 3H. (Strategy jrpg, has existed since the 80s)

Legend of Zelda Botw and Link’s Awakening.

Mario + Rabbids (Xcom like).

Fire Emblem Warriors, Age of Calamity (Musou games).

Octopath Traveler (inspired of FF5, has job systems) (has a PC port too)

The closest thing you’ll get to Virtual Console is the NES and SNES applications that comes with subsription to Nintendo online. You can find most of the classics in those apps with new games getting added every quarter i think. There is no app for 64 or Gamecube at the moment. Though you can find the Turok games on the Eshop.

Last edited by Stellar_Fungk - on 21 January 2021

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Super Mario Odyssey, best game ever

Ka-pi96 said:

Regarding Fire Emblem, have any of the older ones had Switch ports? Literally never played a Fire Emblem game before, but they do look interesting.

Only the first Fire Emblem 

Btw, play Fire Emblem Three Houses. Currently I have ~340h on it