By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What are the best Switch exclusives?

Metallox said:

Nintendo is certainly fortunate enough that the vast majority of Switch users didn't get to play Wii U games, and also because there are many people like me who don't have problem buying again 2 or 3 games from the old system. Well, the only games I have bought again are Bayo 1+2, Pikmin 3 and Child of Light, but I would honestly rebuy the latter two every chance I had presented to me.

Pikmin 3 is such a joy!

Around the Network

Here are some recommendations based on what I've played.

S Rank (buy a Switch just because of this game)
Zelda: Breath of the Wild

A Rank (recommend to all Switch owners)
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Untitled Goose Game

B Rank (highly recommend if you like the genre)
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Super Mario 35
Cadence of Hyrule
Wargroove
Octopath Traveler
Mario + Rabbids
Super Mario Party

C Rank (worth a look if you like the genre)
Arms
Super Mario Odyssey
Taiko no Tetsujin Drum n Fun
Super Mario Maker 2

D Rank (only try if you really love the genre)
none (yet)

E Rank (cannot recommend to anyone)
none (yet)

The_Liquid_Laser said:

E Rank (cannot recommend to anyone)
none (yet)

Pokemon Sword/Shield

What other systems do you own?

If you don't have an Xbox One/Series or gaming PC, then Ori & The Blind Forest and Ori & The Will of the Wisps are well worth getting.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

If you don't have an Xbox One/Series or gaming PC, then Ori & The Blind Forest and Ori & The Will of the Wisps are well worth getting.

PC is my main platform, so it's only full exclusives that I'm interested in.

Another question though, what are game file sizes like? Been looking up how much the micro SD cards cost and some of them are pretty cheap, but 64GB and the like also sounds tiny to me.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
curl-6 said:

PC is my main platform, so it's only full exclusives that I'm interested in.

Another question though, what are game file sizes like? Been looking up how much the micro SD cards cost and some of them are pretty cheap, but 64GB and the like also sounds tiny to me.

64GB won't cut it in the long run; Nintendo's games don't have mandatory installs but a lot of third party games do. I'd recommend getting a 256GB card minimum.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Xenoblade 1 and 2
Breath of the Wild
Age of Calamity
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Astral Chain
Smash Ultimate
Octopath Traveler
Mario Odyssey
Link's Awakening Remake
Animal Crossing New Horizons
Luigi's Mansion 3

I found all of these games to be fantastic. There are other good exclusives, and even a few let downs, but these games were great experiences for me.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Ka-pi96 said:

Most larger budget games are somewhere between 5-15 GB, then it's up to you how many games you're planning on buying. I'm using a 128GB SD card and it lasted me a good while, but it's quite full now.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

mZuzek said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Most larger budget games are somewhere between 5-15 GB, then it's up to you how many games you're planning on buying. I'm using a 128GB SD card and it lasted me a good while, but it's quite full now.

Really? Only 5-15GB? Wow, that's... small!

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 21 January 2021

Pokemon Sword.

and i guess smash

I also guess we don't consider botw but it would top the list to get otherwise. maybe you played it on wii u 

Last edited by MasonADC - on 21 January 2021