By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm beginning to think Switch's 2021-2023 will mirror Wii's 2011-2012.

I would rather have a Mario Galaxy 3 with some bigger planets. It would look so good on Switch and the Galaxy brand is strong as hell and would carry the game a lot more than a Odyssey 2 imo.

Around the Network
xMetroid said:

I would rather have a Mario Galaxy 3 with some bigger planets. It would look so good on Switch and the Galaxy brand is strong as hell and would carry the game a lot more than a Odyssey 2 imo.

Odyssey is going to end up outselling both Galaxy 1 and 2 combined though .... unless we include the Galaxy 1 Remaster available on the Mario 3D collection though which is just unfair imo. 

freebs2 said:

Nintendo already had a shit year in 2020 (no, I don't care for sales, nor I do care for Animal Crossing). 2018 has been already a mixed bag, with SSB Ultimate the only major release I cared about.
If they don't bring anything worthwile in 2021 I may as well abandon them. They have only a single pantform now and it's selling like crazy, they literally have no excuses for not supporting it.

Nintendo Exclusives:

Bayo 1&2 Ports

Kirby Star Allies

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (3DS content + Wii U content)

Nintendo Labo

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze Port

Sushi Striker

Mario Tennis Aces

Octopath Traveler

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker Port + new content

Go Vacation

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna DLC

Super Mario Party

Pokemon Let's Go

Smash Ultimate

So 14 total exclusives (Minus Bayo 1), 4 of which were ports from Wii U/3DS and 1 was a major DLC.

Fitness Boxing

New Super Mario Bros. U Delux

Yoshi's Crafted World

Super Mario Maker 2

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Tetris 99

Astral Chain

Daemon X Machina

Link's Awakening Remake

Luigi's Mansion 3

Ring Fit Adventure

Pokemon Sword/Shield

13 total exclusives, 1 of which was a port. Much better year for new content, but same overall output roughly.

Brain Training

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore port

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX

Animal Crossing New Horizons

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition port

Clubhouse Games: 51

Paper Mario The Oragami King

Super Mario 3D All Stars

Pikmin 3 Delux port

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Fitness Boxing 2

11 exclusives with 2 ports and 2 games that are older games remastered. 

At this point we've Seen NOTHING from Nintendo to carry the system. So little exclusive, first party lineup is maybe the weakest ever ( i am really not considering ports i despise them hardly). And counting that Corona year, you're telling me that nintendo dropped what's looking to be its second most successful system ever, After only three years or existence?
They are able to do it but it's really hard to believe.

I don't think so. 2021 will be good, believe in the game gods. We already have Bravely Default II, Monster Hunter Rise, New Pokémon Snap, and the funny looking Bowser's Fury expansion pack, plus Hitman III, which will be available in an unconventional format, so that's why I don't take it too much into account. That's already a much better start than 2020's, which really only had Animal Crossing. And New Horizons, boy, I disliked so much, but that's besides the point. Shin Megami Tensei V is also bound for this year. Also, I'm confident EPD is going to release a big game in the holiday season that's probably not going to be Zelda, but I think they will, and probably a couple more throughout the year. A Mario vs. Donkey Kong would be cool as hell. Monolith could release a game this year as well, I doubt it but it can't be ruled out, it's been a while since they put those concept arts on their website. Bayonetta 3 could finally come out, too, 2022 seems long overdue.

I'm very optimist, to be honest, I'm fairly certain 2021 is going to be great. We'll see about 2022 and I don't think 2023 matters anymore.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
freebs2 said:

Nintendo already had a shit year in 2020 (no, I don't care for sales, nor I do care for Animal Crossing). 2018 has been already a mixed bag, with SSB Ultimate the only major release I cared about.
If they don't bring anything worthwile in 2021 I may as well abandon them. They have only a single pantform now and it's selling like crazy, they literally have no excuses for not supporting it.

Nintendo Exclusives:

Bayo 1&2 Ports

Kirby Star Allies

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (3DS content + Wii U content)

Nintendo Labo

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze Port

Sushi Striker

Mario Tennis Aces

Octopath Traveler

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker Port + new content

Go Vacation

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna DLC

Super Mario Party

Pokemon Let's Go

Smash Ultimate

So 14 total exclusives (Minus Bayo 1), 4 of which were ports from Wii U/3DS and 1 was a major DLC.

Fitness Boxing

New Super Mario Bros. U Delux

Yoshi's Crafted World

Super Mario Maker 2

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Tetris 99

Astral Chain

Daemon X Machina

Link's Awakening Remake

Luigi's Mansion 3

Ring Fit Adventure

Pokemon Sword/Shield

13 total exclusives, 1 of which was a port. Much better year for new content, but same overall output roughly.

Brain Training

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore port

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX

Animal Crossing New Horizons

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition port

Clubhouse Games: 51

Paper Mario The Oragami King

Super Mario 3D All Stars

Pikmin 3 Delux port

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Fitness Boxing 2

11 exclusives with 2 ports and 2 games that are older games remastered. 

Xenoblade is not a port, it's a remake

And the habitual Nintendo is doomed weakly post.

The facts?

Japan 2021, until now is better than in 2020(two weeks, i know).

MH Rise and thousand of the third party

Nintendo always tends to make a secret about your own projects.

We  know

BotW2

Pokemon Snap

Bowser Fury

Metroid Prime 4

Bayonetta 3

Rumors

New SKU ( more powerful maybe with DLSS)

One Mario 2D

One Monolith project

One open world Retro Project. 

A new 3d Mario.

Missing

Tomodachi

Switch Sports

Pokemon Remake

Pokemon NEW Gen

New DK

NEW 3D DK

The Weakness?

Nintendo don't have two ( or three) pipeline production at the same time ( Wii 2011 i m looking for you)

Nintendo unified the portable and stationary teams

Monolith and Retro have grown on the staff( maybe multiple projects?)

Next Level Games now is Nintendo

Last edited by Agente42 - on 14 January 2021

trunkswd said:
xMetroid said:

What about a game that mixes the best of Mario 64, Galaxy, and Odyssey? 

I mean, i could see a Mario Galaxy 3 being similar to Odyssey. Switch is more powerful and could allow bigger planet and more ambitious design which could just be similar to kingdoms in Odyssey but with the ambiance of the Galaxy series.

I thought I was supposed to be the forum's resident pessimist.

Personally I don't see any reason to panic or assume doom right now. Yes, it's annoying how close to their chest Nintendo hold their cards these days, but it's premature to be writing off 2021 already when it's only January.

If we end up with another year of 2020-tier first party support, then I'll worry. For the moment, I'm still expecting this year to be better than last in terms of games for Switch as things should be less disrupted than 2020, projects set for last year that were pushed back should release, and a lot of Nintendo's teams have now had 3-4 years since their first Switch games and should be ready to go again.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 14 January 2021

Mario kart 9 anyone?
Tomodachi can be half as big as Animal crossing was, what can be pretty significant.
Now they had more time for a better made Pokemon game.
Nintendogs?
Other mario party
something like wii sports
2d mario
And of course we will get either yoshi, kirby, warioware
and RPGs. some monolithsoft game or a new fire emblem
Potential remakes/re-releases of the 3d zelda games.
More things like hyrule wariors/mario rabbids, start fox starlink, tokyo mirage sessions from third parties.