By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 2, 2021 (Jan 04 - Jan 10)

Tagged games:

Great win for Switch compared to last year.
Now that stock seems to no longer be a big issue for Switch it will probably settle into a relatively stable baseline in the coming weeks, unlike last year. Will be very interesting to see what that ends up being.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

What's up with Xbox? Low stock? i know xbox is barely a thing in Japan, but 100 units per week is less than what One was selling at its time, while the launch was not that bad (25k)

Software drop but overal very good week. Full top 10 NSW and up from last year.

Another Switch Domination!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

TruckOSaurus said:

Switch is hitting the ground running in 2021. I'm looking forward to seeing how much of a lead it can get over 2020 before March where it should start having trouble outselling 2020.

PS5 still tracking below the comparable week for the PS4 (https://www.gematsu.com/2014/04/media-create-sales-4714-41314). Like Rol said in the previous thread, they should have delayed the launch if that's all they could spare for Japan.

March is Animal Crossing in 2020. But it gets MonHun in 2021. But MonHun is probably more frontloaded, still that means March and April probably still goes to 2021.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 14 January 2021

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Another 5 million units a year for Switch in Japan.

Top 10 of evergreens.

More like 7 million

我是广州人

Fast start to the year for Switch

Momotaro is leading the list with a bunch of evergreens following. Momotaro was really the only biggish holiday game this year in Japan. In spite of that Switch hardware sales are massively up YoY. It it mostly those evergreens driving the sales increase. Those games just keep selling forever.