By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is MHR pushing Switch's hardware limits ?

EDIT: I mean about pushing hardware capacity, not about sales.

I have almost never played any MH. So maybe this gives me some neutral objectivity.

The new Rise game looks to me awesome graphically, maybe the most advanced game that have seen for the Switch.

I needed to compare with World to remember that this was only a Switch and that we were still way under the level of the PS4.

Before I put both next to each other to compare, I had this instinctive short reaction in mind : "what ?! Is this as beautiful as the one on PS4 or almost?"

By looking more closely, we can see all the tricks that they have used to save the energy of the little Switch. I would say that they have put all the finesse on the monsters, and in comparison the landscape and the other characters are all in an inferior level of detail than the monsters.

Last edited by Amnesia - on 10 January 2021

Around the Network

In the West, I'm not so sure. In Japan, absolutely.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

In Japan it definitely will move a lot of extra Switch hardware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Amnesia said:

neutral objectivity

What's not neutral objectivity ? Biased objectivity ? Neutral subjectivity ?

It probably won't be as big of a hardware pusher worldwide as a huge Nintendo release, but will be close to that in Japan I'd imagine.

Also, it is a big bonus that the game looks so good, but it doesn't need to look as close to as an early Xbox One game as it does currently to be a major hardware pusher

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Amnesia said:

neutral objectivity

What's not neutral objectivity ? Biased objectivity ? Neutral subjectivity ?

Unbiased neutral objectivity

If you look at the sales of PS4, and 3DS in Japan when they got Monster Hunter games, then you'll see it's huge.
As for the West, I think there will be a slight jump since I'm sure many new Monster Hunter fans want to play the latest entry, although they could be turned off that this game is a traditional Monster Hunter.

Lol...My title is misleading, I did not want to mean "hardware seller" but "hardware pusher" in the sens of pushing the limit of the machine.

Idk, does the Switch get hot when playing the demo? That might be an indicator.

Darwinianevolution said:

In the West, I'm not so sure. In Japan, absolutely.

But everyone in japan already has two Switches. How much more can they buy?

But if the Pro rumours are true, I think that many MonHun players may upgrade and drive the sales.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]