By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is MHR pushing Switch's hardware limits ?

Otter said:

lol, people are still going to read "hardware pusher" and comment on sales. I'd say change the OP to say is Monster Hunter "Hardware taxing?" or "Pushing the Switch to its limits"

I have changed it. I have not written "its limits" because it sounds to me that we would be discussing about the absolute 100% of the Switch, which we will probably never see.

I often wonder what could we see today on for instance, a N64, if a strong dev company would develop a real big game using the knowledge and dev tools of today, to make run something on the console that we could not imagine in 2002... Or if we had never gone over the 5th gen but kept optimizing dev tools and codes until today to really reach 98-99% of the N64, PS1 and Saturn.

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TGM3 MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Western record on TGM3 EASY : 1484
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

But everyone in japan already has two Switches. How much more can they buy?

Switch' current total sales in Japan is 17M+ so you assume that 8.5M Japanese have bought Switch. But remember that the combined sales of 3DS and Wii U is about 28M. So based on your assumption, there are still almost 20M Japanese gamers out there who are still about to upgrade their consoles. Therefore, if your argument that Japanese Switch gamers should own 2 Switches, 40M+ Switches will still be sold for a whooping 57M lifetime total in the land of the rising sun ALONE. Better watch out PS2 and NDS, here comes the Switch!!!

Last edited by wohufana - 4 days ago

the monsters look awesome but the environments not as much, great overall but I'm not as impressed as with Doom Eternal

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

SKMBlake said:

Overal, I think Hellblade still holds the title ofnthe most realistic game of the Switch

Since it uses FMVs, it loses the edge a bit. Witcher 3 and the DOOM games are truthfully more impressive. 

Metallox said:
SKMBlake said:

Overal, I think Hellblade still holds the title ofnthe most realistic game of the Switch

Since it uses FMVs, it loses the edge a bit. 

Cutscenes are like 10% of the game, so no.

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Metallox said:

Since it uses FMVs, it loses the edge a bit. 

Cutscenes are like 10% of the game, so no.

But, I mean, it's still a notable loss. The other games don't have that compromise and I think they look equally as good. 

Amnesia said:

I have almost never played any MH. So maybe this gives me some neutral objectivity.

The new Rise game looks to me awesome graphically, maybe the most advanced game that have seen for the Switch.

I needed to compare with World to remember that this was only a Switch and that we were still way under the level of the PS4.

Before I put both next to each other to compare, I had this instinctive short reaction in mind : "what ?! Is this as beautiful as the one on PS4 or almost?"

By looking more closely, we can see all the tricks that they have used to save the energy of the little Switch. I would say that they have put all the finesse on the monsters, and in comparison the landscape and the other characters are all in an inferior level of detail than the monsters.

Monster Hunter Rise (switch):

Monster Hunter World (PS4):

Monster Hunter Worlds looks alot better imo, world/enviroment much more detailed.

The environments take a bit of a hit in order to facilitate their scale, seamlessness, and the speed with which you can traverse them with the Palamutes and Wirebug, but if you compare it to other open world games on the Switch it holds up pretty well.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

The environments take a bit of a hit in order to facilitate their scale, seamlessness, and the speed with which you can traverse them with the Palamutes and Wirebug, but if you compare it to other open world games on the Switch it holds up pretty well.

Wow, I haven’t looked into this game much just yet, only heard about it. This looks awesome, monsters and environments, I’m going to download the demo and give it a shot tomorrow, I loved monster hunter world on PS4 so this is very exciting! 

Playing the demo shot it to the top for me in regards to technically impressive games on Switch.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"