By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Let's do the MBTI!

Where do you fall in the spectrum?

More introverted 20 64.52%

More extraverted 2 6.45%

Somewhere in between 9 29.03%

Total:31

A Virtuoso. So not a green wizard but a yellow car mechanic with a five-o-clock shadow.

Reading all the stuff about this, about half of it is actually correct. What super wrong is the continuing insistence that I like to do stuff, build things and help people and otherwise get bored and miserable, but I don’t really. I can just as well sit on a couch for days reading VGC. And the relationships and social interaction thing is neither here nor there. The talk about emotions and everything and that I don’t like to plan and live day by day is fairly correct.

It says somewhere though that only 5% of the population is a ‘Virtuoso’, and that that’s a shame because there should be more. I can agree with that; the world would be a better place if everyone was like me.

Around the Network
vivster said:
sethnintendo said:

So this is a personality quiz? Don't need that shit I already know what I am. I'm a viking asshole that is pissed off of how this planet is treated. I hate most people but when I get to know them then I realize maybe they aren't so bad. I can get along with anyone in public if really wanted but don't give shit about human race. Only reason no one gives me shit is because of my size. I don't have to threaten people because really don't give a shit. So there do you have an isolated viking as a poll response?

Take the test and find out. I'd be very interested what your result is. You could be one of the rare extraverted people here.

Results

Premium

Toolkits Community LibraryIntroduction Strengths and Weaknesses Romantic Relationships Friendships Parenthood Career Paths Workplace Habits Conclusion Premium Profile
Your personality type is:
Entrepreneur
ESTP-t
Mind
This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
64%
36%
Extraverted
Introverted
Energy
This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
42%
58%
Intuitive
Observant
Nature
This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
65%
35%
Thinking
Feeling
Tactics
This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
46%
54%
Judging
Prospecting
Identity
This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
37%
63%
Assertive
Turbulent

INFP-T, Mediator

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 12 January 2021

INFP-T nice to see two others with me.

I thought this is a bicycle thread.

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 15 January 2021

Around the Network
vivster said:

There are multiple pages after your result telling you what it means.

Can't tell you what it means exactly. All I know is that INTJ is the objectively best personality to have. You got an "F" where there should be a "T" and that's pretty telling.

Note: the spoiler tag is just a boring and pretty dispensable speech about objectivity and subjectivity.

Spoiler!

Warning: long read.

I'm not sure if the bold part is a joke or not, but I'll assume it's not, so I can say... that I strongly disagree with it. More specifically, I strongly disagree with the underlined word. I mean, how can something that is so intrinsically attached to the inner self of a person be considered somewhat close to objective?

Objectivity is not something as common as people may think: something purely and trully objective is something that cannot be denied by any means except by questioning the methods used to measure it (or just plainly lying). In this case, I have to ask: which attributes are being analized, measured and compared so that one can reach the unarguable and undeniable conclusion that a certain personality is better than the others? And what is/are the method(s) used to measure those attributes and compare them to each other?

In my opinion, the "quality" of any given personality should only be measured on a one-by-one basis, taking into account the context of the person and their feelings regarding the way they are. If you feel so good about yourself that you think your personality is the best, then there's no doubt that your personality is the best... for you in your specific case and situation - that is, subjectively speaking. However, another person who'd have an ESFP personality could also feel the same way about themselves, so ESFP would be the best personality for them in their specific case and situation, and the one that fits them the best. So then, how can we say that one of both is the best personality objectively speaking?

Also, you have to take something else into account: so far, we're only talking about the abstraction of personalities, that is, a stereotyped and oversimplified reduction of reality. But if we think about the different manifestations of a certain personality in real life, the task of measuring and deciding which one is the best becomes (almost) impossible. And that's not only because different people with the same base personality have (slightly) different traits from one another, but also because personalities themselves are not immutable: they evolve with every passing year, which means that (almost) no one has the same personality in their teens than in their sixties. So even if the core part of a certain person remains the same and their type of personality keeps unchanged, there will always be a lot of little variations over time that could generate big differences in the way they think or behave, or in their attitude towards life.

So, having all that in mind, the question is: which one of that myriad of slightly different variations of a certain type of personality would be considered the best and how would that be decided? And a very reasonable answer would be that doing so is just such a titanic task that is not even worth thinking about trying it.

And that's exactly why we need to unify them in a little bunch of general and more abstract types. But, in order to do that, we cannot just go ask literally everyone in the world, because that would be impossible; instead, we use statistics, that is, we take a very little sample of people and extrapolate the results to the whole humanity, leaving aside not only the little individual traits that can end up making huge differences, but also all the nuances derived from the distinct societies and cultures that can also make huge differences. So, in the end, even if the results of the tests are more or less accurate (like in this case are), they will never be fully representative of reality, due to their way too limited scope.

And that's not all. If we read the FAQ section of the website that hosts this test, we can see at least three variables that speak too little about unarguable and undeniable facts: first, the same personalities may differ from one website to another, due to the diversity of theories and approaches used; second, the results of the tests may vary even under this same website if we make them in different moments in time, because they are "countinuously refining the test questions"; and third, our own answers may be subject to our mood, thoughts, wishes or any other subjective stuff that we can factor in when answering the test.

So to sum it up:

1) a personality can only be considered better or worse in relation to the person who has it and their circumstances (including social context, culture and other more personal stuff), which are always changing;

2) the results of the test depend heavily on purely subjective answers from the person doing it;

3) the test itself may vary when done in different times, due to ongoing changes and improvements;

4) the methods and approaches used to describe these same types of personalities may differ from one website to another; and

5) on its core, this is all based on statistics, which are an inexact and reductive discipline.

In other words, there's literally nothing that comes even close to objectivity here: everything can be argued and called into question. Even if the results of the tests were 100% realiable and they were the same all of the time across all of the websites irrespective of all the methods and approaches used, we'd still have to overcome the huge problem of how we could analyze and measure that data so that we reached the undeniable conclusion that a personality is the best in absolute terms, regardless of the context of a given person and how they feel about it. How's that even possible?

Besides, something I've noticed with the word 'objective' and its derivatives is that people generally use them when they want to be right (whether they actually are or not), so, in a way, the mere use of the word 'objective' is usually very subjective. Although, of course, this doesn't apply always or to everyone and it may not apply to you here, because that's nothing but a subjective observation. In fact, it wasn't that what drew my attention to your post, but the context in which the word 'objective' is used here, refering to something that by its very nature is like an almost perfect antithesis of something objective. It puzzled me a bit when I read it the first time.

Anyways, I think it's time to finish this unnecessary speech, but I want to do it with a little reflection related to time.

Time can be precisely measured, to the extent that we can even be aware of the exact second we're living in. And, in this day and age, when all our devices are perfectly synchronized and automatically updated to adjust to the world time, we literally have in our hands the most accurate time possible at any given moment. So we can say without a glimpse of doubt that time, when converted into the same time zone, is a totally objective value, right? I mean, who would even dare to say that time is subjective? It is clearly not, and anyone with a smartphone in their pockets can prove it right away.

And that's indeed true... until we add relativity into the equation. When we do that, relativity just cracks open the door and slaps in our faces with not one, but two interesting facts about time: first, the more someone moves away from the surface of the Earth, the slower time goes by for that person; and second, the faster someone moves in general, the slower time goes by for them. Thus, if someone was crazy enough to say that something as easily measurable and commonly considered objective as time isn't totally objective or even go as far as to state that it's purely subjective, that person could still have a point and duly justify it without any kind of mental gymnastics, just using physics (and they wouldn't be wrong; maybe not necessarily right, but not wrong either).

Of course, the differences resulting of these peculiarities of time are negligible to common people like us (they'd be measured in nanoseconds, picoseconds or even less) and, even if they were somewhat noticeable, our automatically updated devices wouldn't let us know it, because they would update to the world time as soon as they could connect to the internet. But the point is that those differences are still there: we're not aware of them and don't have reasons to care, but they exist, allowing a guy like me talk about how relative (pun intended) objectivity is.

But, needless to say, all I wrote here is far from being an objective truth, so it can be argued and refuted, and I can easily be proven wrong.

Anyway, in case this answer didn't make it clear, I'm an INTP-T (logician) and a PPITA (picky pain in the ass). =P

And, while I don't give this test too much importance, I admit that it was indeed entertaining to answer, and also quite accurate (the general stuff, at least). Also, it's always an honour to be compared to Einstein, and I think that was what induced me to write those last paragraphs regarding time and relativity.

What I find more enriching about these tests, however, is answering them with someone close around, so that we can comment on the questions, compare the results and share our thoughts with each other. Let's say that thinking about myself is something I already do a lot without the need of any test and doing one doesn't add much to that experience, but it does serve very well as a excuse to do it in company, while getting another point of view and some interactivity.

In any case, it was still enjoyable.

Last edited by Verter - on 10 February 2021

I'm mostly a lurker now.

Tried the test again and got INFJ/Advocate this time.
I guess I'm on the borderline as far as Prospecting versus Judging.

A lot of the description relates to me very strongly though, indeed I am in fact an "Advocate" by trade as my job is working with and advocating for people on the spectrum. I also definitely have a very strong sense of what I perceive to be right or wrong, feel a strong motivation to try to fix injustice, and have often tended to neglect my own wellbeing in my pursuit of helping others.

I know all this isn't strictly scientific but it is interesting nonetheless.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 04 February 2021

This thing says ISFJ-A Defender. I have tended to always get INTJ. Might be an age thing. Experience has changed some of the answers I would have given in the past. I still avoid crowds and keep to myself.

Last edited by dharh - on 04 February 2021

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

curl-6 said:

Tried the test again and got INFJ/Advocate this time.
I guess I'm on the borderline as far as Prospecting versus Judging.

A lot of the description relates to me very strongly though, indeed I am in fact an "Advocate" by trade as my job is working with and advocating for people on the spectrum. I also definitely have a very strong sense of what I perceive to be right or wrong, feel a strong motivation to try to fix injustice, and have often tended to neglect my own wellbeing in my pursuit of helping others.

I know all this isn't strictly scientific but it is interesting nonetheless.

According to their theory INFP and INFJ are actually not very alike, even if the 4-letter system imply they are 

The closest type to INFJ are INTJ, and the closest type to INFP is ISFP

All your words screams INFP or ISFP for me: High sense of right or wrong, strong internal moral motivations, self sacrifice, pursuing the well being of others (even if only for own personal satisfaction of helping others) 

INFJ are not like that. INFJ is about having a holistic perception of the world. Is a person who like to see connections between things, understand them and learn with them. INFJ are particularly attracted for social issues and social harmony, but they not because they have a high sense of right or wrong, but because they have a high sense of understanding. They can understand many point of views and how to deal with them, INFJ are probably the most socially skilled type of all MBTI (to a point they can even be very manipulative if they aren't... let's say "healthy")

When an INFP or ISFP seek well-being because they feel is the right thing to do. Guess what, if they don't feel they need harmony they will just don't bother with it

INFP are also highly judgmental, not in the sense they will recriminate anyone, but in the sense of evaluating things, judging things under their own moral compass. If you kind of a guy who always think in an action is morally correct? High chances of being INFP or ISFP

INFJ as a said is about connecting abstract things, people's emotions, ideas, sensations, memories, etc. They aren't as emotional as an INFP would be, their emotions don't play them. 

If you like LOTR: Frodo is INFP, his mission was to endure to weight of bear the Ring and he needed an insane willpower and trust his path was the morally right to resist the Ring's corruption 

Gandalf is INFJ, he was there to learn about the people of middle earth, befriend them and protect them but also to guide people and in some ways, to lead them

INFP-T

74% - Introverted
85% - Intuitive
83% - Feeling
83% - Prospecting
72% - Turbulent
I ALWAYS get this, EVERY time I take this fucking test. I seriously think these are just the obvious answers to questions on this test...
I'm the exact opposite of this! Except for the T-part.
Introverted, not extroverted? I'm definitely a party guy, I love rounds of drinks more than most. I love getting around and digging into deep philosophy, history, and even theology (despite being completely, 100%, unreligious); and I love flirting... I'm married and I love flirting; and it usually goes well for me (maybe because they know I'm not a threat to their heart and will not make a single serious move... just flirt).
Intuitive, not observant? Fuck off! Calling me unobservant? It's true, I have walked directly past people I've known without observing them, but I think that's a different kind of observant. That's normally because I'm busy contemplating the things I'm observing or some other thing from before. But when examining a situation, I'd say I am far more likely to respond to what people are saying rather than make some shit up in my head and say that's what they actually mean -- I get that crap done 90% of the time I say something on Reddit or youtube =D
FEEELING, and low thinking? Now this is just getting insulting! What asshole made up this test? Triple FUCK FUCK FUCK OFF OFF OFF =D
How's that for feeling and not thinking things through?!
Prospecting, not judging? This is just funny, how many people here DON'T consider me an asshole? =D
Turbulent is correct... though. Surprised I only got 72%, my lowest score of the bunch. I am indeed turbulent. Have you SEEN my rants and rambles? They're shockingly drifty and massive!
Last edited by Jumpin - on 06 February 2021

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.