By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Let's do the MBTI!

Where do you fall in the spectrum?

More introverted 20 64.52%

More extraverted 2 6.45%

Somewhere in between 9 29.03%

Total:31

Ok, let's get all the obvious things out of the way.

Yes, I know this personality typing is popular and therefore bad and there is lots of criticism around it. I mean it's not supposed to be an official psychoanalysis. However it does one thing well and that is forcing people to look inside themselves and trying to figure out who they are, which in my book is an inherently good thing.

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

This site is the most popular one, but there is a reason for that. Rather than just slapping on a label and be done with it like most personality tests it gets into much more detail about different aspects of your life and how your personality might impact it.

As someone who is incredibly critical of horoscopes I spent quite a bit time to read my result and the results of others carefully and at least to my preliminary opinion it does not fall into making broad characterizations that fit most people. In fact, I found the descriptions of my type extremely accurate and I couldn't find many similarities even in types that are close to my type.

If you get an accurate result that's great and hopefully helps you understanding yourself a bit better. If your result is only partly correct you might want to go back and see if you can give more accurate answers. Or you may just be directly in between multiple types and that is fine too.

Let's take it lighthearted and with a bit of salt. Make sure to read not only the introduction to your type but also the rest of it and then tell me how accurate you think it is.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

16 personalities is like a Big5 test disguised as MBTI, I advice to not use it

Anyway, I'm always typed as INTJ in every test I've done

IcaroRibeiro said:

16 personalities is like a Big5 test disguised as MBTI, I advice to not use it

Anyway, I'm always typed as INTJ in every test I've done

According to Wikipedia the Big 5 is more scientific than MBTI, so that's good, right?

Also an INTJ btw and I found the result to be very accurate. Not surprising at all since I already had myself figured out long before the test.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

According to Wikipedia the Big 5 is more scientific than MBTI, so that's good, right?

It is indeed 

So another INTJ. Ni-doms (_N_J, for people who are not familiar with the therm) are fairly common on internet forums and MBTI discussions despite being among the rarest types. Overall forums favors intuitives over sensors 

I'm feeling however most people here are going to be typed as sensors such as ISTJ, ISFJ and ESTJ instead

IcaroRibeiro said:

vivster said:

It is indeed 

So another INTJ. Ni-doms (_N_J, for people who are not familiar with the therm) are fairly common on internet forums and MBTI discussions despite being among the rarest types. Overall forums favors intuitives over sensors 

I'm feeling however most people here are going to be typed as sensors such as ISTJ, ISFJ and ESTJ instead

Makes sense to find a lot more of them in discussions, since they're the ones actively looking inside themselves and seek out discussion about it to make sense of it.

I've met people who have trouble even answering accurately because they have never really looked inward. So I'll take any demographic assumptions from these tests with huge skepticism. I expect there to be a big portion of people who cannot answer accurately or honestly.

Around the Network

ISFJ here, but probably share a lot with ISTJ because I was 51% feeling. To answer the poll, I tested very introverted which is not too surprising. I mean, it took over a year of lurking before I got the courage to start posting here, lol.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

I'm pretty sure that I got a different result last time I tried it, but I don't remember which one.

INFJ-T
Advocate
Advocates are the rarest personality types of all.

Rare! Get your master balls out!

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Ka-pi96 said:
Your Results
28% Extraverted Introverted 72%
37% Intuitive Observant 63%
46% Thinking Feeling 54%
19% Judging Prospecting 81%
37% Assertive Turbulent 63%
Some things I can relate to in there. But certainly not all of it. I'm definitely not artistic for one thing

Aren't you Japanese? How can you be that low on Judging?^^

/jk

vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Your Results
28% Extraverted Introverted 72%
37% Intuitive Observant 63%
46% Thinking Feeling 54%
19% Judging Prospecting 81%
37% Assertive Turbulent 63%
Some things I can relate to in there. But certainly not all of it. I'm definitely not artistic for one thing

Aren't you Japanese? How can you be that low on Judging?^^

/jk

Curious enough, 95% of anime main characters are ESFP, ISFP, INFP or ENFP