By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What did you miss in 2020?

With 2020 now off the books, there were surely a bunch of movies we were looking forward to seeing that didn't come to fruition because of Covid. What films were YOU looking forward to seeing?

For me it's:

Godzilla vs. Kong (first and foremost)
No Time to Die
A Quiet Place II
Tenet
Wonder Woman 84
Ghostbusters Afterlife
Black Widow
Dune
Halloween Kills

Around the Network

Tenet, No Time to Die and Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution

All of those except Tenet which I enjoyed a lot.

Add Green Knight as a movie that had to skip this 2020 which I was otherwse looking forward to.

No Time To Die and Dune are the big ones for me.

Signature goes here!

I crossed state lines in order to see Tenet in theaters. I enjoyed it even though it did not live up to massive hype.

No Time to Die and Black Widow were the only other movies I knew I 100% wanted to see that were pushed back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Tenet, No Time To Die and Dune. I actually wanted to watch Tenet at the cinema, but somehow during the timeframe when COVID cases were on decline, me and my friends opted for Blade Runner Director's Cut instead. Can't say that I regret this decision. Will probably watch Tenet a bit later at home.

I've been looking forward to most of these, but tbh I never knew most of them were planned to be released in 2020, so I didnt really "miss" them. I did watch Tenet, so I guess the only one I missed was Black Widow tbh, I kinda missed my superhero annual special and WW84 wasnt as good as the first one IMO.

No Time to Die and Dune. Mostly Dune.

derpysquirtle64 said:

Tenet, No Time To Die and Dune. I actually wanted to watch Tenet at the cinema, but somehow during the timeframe when COVID cases were on decline, me and my friends opted for Blade Runner Director's Cut instead. Can't say that I regret this decision. Will probably watch Tenet a bit later at home.

Director's Cut or Final Cut?

Also you probably already know, but for anyone who doesn't, Blade Runner 2049 is directed by the same man who directed the new Dune (Part 1, and hopefully Part 2 soon).

I did see Tenet recently. I won't say it's not a techincally good movie, because it is well shot, very well acted and may be very well written (if I'm willing to sit through it again and hopefully pay better attention). But for my first time seeing it, I found it borderline unwatchable. Just too much Nolan for one movie to handle.

I'm still torn on Godzilla vs Kong.

I am a massive Godzilla fan, but I don't want to support the film if they pull the same BS as the 1962 original and make Kong win despite him being by far the inferior monster.

Black Widow
Eternals
Jungle Cruise (honestly hope they just release this on Disney+ at this point)
A Quiet Place Part II
Venom: Let There Be Carnage (I actually liked the first one tbh)

there wasn't really much I wanted to see last year to begin with before covid and the other ones I was interested in (Onward, Soul, etc) all at least released on streaming